“Good chain...”

Obica Mozzarella Bar
Reserve with
Obica Mozzarella Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #671 of 8,156 Restaurants in Milan
Price range: US$20 - US$46
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Brera
Description: Obicà Mozzarella Bar is a casual and contemporary Italian restaurant. With its friendly welcoming atmosphere, Obicà offers a genuine Italian dining experience centered on the freshest Mozzarella di Bufala Campana DOP paired with other authentic products from Italy's rich regional heritage.
Edinburgh
“Good chain...”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Having passed up on a place that had been recommended due to it being too costly, we were wandering hungrily in the Brera area and opted for lunch here. It is smartly decorated and gave us the best "free" bread that we'd had to date. The fried mozarella came with fried sage leaves which were yummy. Our pizza and pasta was good. A reliable eating option with a good choice available on the menu!

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
“Mozzarella for me”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Having walked around the Brera area of Milan for quite a while, the need for satisfaction of hunger arose. Obika, conveniently located looked inviting and interesting, even though the staff were somewhat disengaged when we asked for a table. There appeared to be empty tables and counter stools inside, but we were asked to sit outside under the umbrellas. That was OK. The weather was good.

We ordered mozzarella (2 varieties) plus some salads, but it was the mozzarella that held our interest. Salads can be obtained almost anywhere.

The mozzarella was good. You could taste the smoky flavour in one of the 2 offerings - an unusual, but nice, taste. Even the salads were good.

But if cheese is not for you, then probably the place is not for you.

1 Thank Nathan1000
Atlanta
“Average”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was curious about this place especially with all the accolades. We had the smoked mozzarella, roasted artichokes, croquettes and pasta. The wine and the croquettes were delicious and although I don't much like smoked cheese, the smoked mozzarella was tasty. The bread was stale, the pasta was average at best and the artichokes were warm as if they had been sitting out for too long before arriving to our table.

From the reviews it seems that Duomo location is much better. Just wasn't that impressed.

London, United Kingdom
“SCANDAL: Handbag stolen while having lunch at Obika Brera Milan!!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I went to Milan this weekend and had lunch on Saturday at Obika (Brera area). We were seating with my friends at the big high table at the back of the restaurant, I had hung my hand bag on a hook under the table. At the end of the lunch, my bag was missing! No one came near the table except the short blond waitress. No one except her could have possibly stolen my bag.

With my friends, we made a scandal. How could it happen. I didn't leave my chair during the whole lunch. I didn't even go to the bathroom. How could anyone steal my bag... One of the waitresses told us it happened before.. They accused some professional pick pockets to sneak in the restaurant and steal from the customers.. It doesn't seem possible to me as no one came near me except the waitress. I strongly suspect the short blond waitress stole my handbag. The bag had a thin loose strap so I guess it was easy to steal without me noticing, even though the bag was hanging to the hook under the table. I lost my money, my iphone5, my credit cards and ray ban sunglasses. It's unbelievable.

And do you think the restaurant to at least offered us the lunch? No.. So don't go there and if you do watch out for the waitress while you enjoy your not-so-fresh mozzarella...

2 Thank Ldevi75
Brussels
“Terrible, avoid”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I can't believe this place has this rating. Terrible food, bad service and clearly overprice. You'd pay 45euros for 2 glasses of wine and two mozzarellas with cold grilled vegetables.