“recent stay at cascina papaveri”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Asti
Agriturismo Cascina Papaveri
Ranked #16 of 32 Speciality Lodging in Asti
New York
“recent stay at cascina papaveri”
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Just returned from a 3 night stay @ casina papaveri......wanted to say something great, and I certainly can.....but I would be repeating what most people have written! Unbelievable location, really beautiful ...... cannot even begin to describe how clean and beautiful the place is. John and Robyn were wonderful hosts! Felt like we were in the home of the absolute best hosts I have ever stayed! I could easily and happily see myself staying there again, with pilates group, or with my husband and other friends where women could do their pilates trip and men could go visiting towns nearby to learn more about this fabulous part of Italy. We loved it. We felt so comfortable there. The "culinary" experience is so much fun with Chef Gino, I can't wait to try some of the things he taught us. It is a fabulous place. Couldn't recommend it more. I would give it a "beyond excellent" rating if I could.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mrs. Dianne G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Esslingen am Neckar, Germany
Reviewed 22 May 2011

From the breathtaking view to the wonderful food and wine, relaxing atmosphere and excellent Pilates and cooking courses, I can't wait to go back! My friends are all justifiably jealous! Don't miss the experience of a lifetime...Robyn and John Sims are thoughtful and considerate hosts who desire their guests to feel like part of the family...and you will! Robyn prepares creative and bountiful lunches, mostly from the organic garden on the premises, the wine flows freely and the culinary experience is full immersion; where you will roll up your sleeves and learn Italian cooking skills in a warm, friendly and fun atmosphere and then sit down together to enjoy the fruits of your labors. The agriturismo is spotless and the staff, helpful. Thanks, Robyn and John, for such a wonderful weekend!

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank Ellen T
Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed 21 May 2011

This is my 2nd trip to this amazing place. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't delusional :-) Turns out, I wasn't. A review can't describe the experience here. Pilates, food, cooking, wine, Italy, great hosts. It is an immersion into everything or nothing of all that you could need or want for the complete balance of tourism and holiday, fitness and relaxation. The attention to detail is unmatched elsewhere. The food is exceedingly tasty and healthy. The pilates studio and wellness facilities are luxuriously equipped. It's a little piece of heaven.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank gotbreath
wilmington Delware USA
Reviewed 18 April 2011

The Cascina Papaveri sits high above vineyards that stretch as far as the eye can see; this is serious wine growing country and the view is virtually 360 degrees around. John and Robyn Sims, the owners, have done a meticulous renovation of an old large farm building, as well as adding a pool and lavishly equipped Pilates training area.

Our Pilates reacher, Louise Banfield of Devonshire, UK was absolutely wonderful. Kind and patient, empathetic and funny. Plenty of one-on-one training, plus mat classes every morning. I went for the Pilates, in particular, and I got even more help than I hoped for.

Chef Gino rules the professional kitchen. Just as with the Pilates, you can do as much or little as you please. Ravioli from scratch, brioche, fancy desserts and lots more.

Room Tip: Ask for the pink room or the three bedded room.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 1 January 2011

Our friend is a Pilates instructor, so off we went for a week of twice daily Pilates and italian cooking lessons. The rooms are modern and John, the owner, has taken great care that the farmhouse is 'green'. We started each day with Pilates, had a breakfast of yogurt and fruit and headed down to the village for cappuccino. Each evening the chef came and we prepared the evenings meal. This was a great value and if you are looking for a relaxing getaway - this place is it.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Bozeman
Reviewed 28 September 2010

The Poppy Farmhouse is a dream! I own an Italian Specialty Food Store and after I heard about this estate from one of our clients who is a pilates instructor we set out to bring a group there as soon as possible.

Everything is well thought out and put together... the facilities, food, wine & extra activities are amazing! John & Robyn put a lot of themselves into the farmhouse and are perfect hosts.

If you have any specific questions about Cascina Papaveri send me an e-mail and I'd love to let you know more about our experience: info@all-things-italian.com

We loved the trip so much we are going again next year!

• Stayed September 2010
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed 28 September 2010

The Cascina Papaveri was a perfect place to see the Piedmont Valley of Italy while having super owners who opened their farmhouse and vineyard to the guests treating them as their own family. The cooking was superb the whole time of the stay. The chef provided tips on how to make each meal and explained the techniqes of his success. The owners provided tours to Alba and Asti to enhance our understanding that part of Italy. It is a place anyone could go and have a place to enjoy and always remember.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple