See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Mini Hotel – (Asti, IT) – The town itself is very crowded with few places to park. This hotel is on the edge of town in a commercial area and fronts a busy, commercial road. It has a car park, a lift and good sized rooms. It was clean and offered a sizeable free breakfast. After viewing it from the street, it actually is a very pleasant surprise, although the friendly manager does not speak English.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I spent a couple of nights at this motel. The rooms were clean, had tv and wifi (free only for a half hour). The bathroom and shower were clean.
They let me keep my dogo and the double room was large enough for me, my girlfriend and my dog​​.
At night it is frequented by travelers, truck drivers, motorcycle gangs... people who stop to sleep before taking a long trip. But even normal business people and couples looking for a place for the night.
The restaurant is also open at midnight, me and my girl stopped there to take a dessert and a glass of wine before going to sleep.
The waiter was a skinny guy who smoked a lot, his face was similar to that of a cunning smuggler and he knew very funny jokes.
For breakfast I took coffee, orange juice and apple pie, but the hotel allows you to choose other things. They even had dog biscuits.
Me and my dog was happy about this motel, because we spoke to the owner and paid very little. ;-)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank maxcoro
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Conveniently located near the Asti exit from the autostrada. Prices a little on th high side for the accomodation offered, rooms of a decent size, clean but bathrooms looking a little tired. One negative for me was that the previous occupant of the room had smoked a very smelly cigar in the room and the smell was still strong. This seems to be a hazard of all Italian hotels, no smoking rules are not enforced. Similarly with hire cars, every hire car I pick up in Italy has been smoked in. Not great for a life-long non smoker.

Welcome was friendly, staff very helpful, there was a complimentary bottle of Barbera d'Asti in the room. We ate at the hotel restaurant which was busy and the food was good for the price paid. The basic ingredients and the house wine were excellent, all locally sourced.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be quiet, the frontage to the road is occupied by a large stair well that serves to isolate traffic noise. Sadly no views, the hotel is located in an industrial area.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2011

There was only one other review on this hotel, but I assume that it had either been refurbished and a new owner. We arrived on a motorbike on an extremely hot afternoon, looking absolutely wrecked, wanting a bed and some dinner. The owner spoke little English but his mother welcomed us on the steps and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were large and airy, no air conditioning but due to the height of the walls, seemed to keep cool. Food in the restuarant was a tourist menu for three courses and coffee for 15 euros and was superb . Breakfast the next morning was also very good. The hotel is situated outside Asti, but we saw it from the motorway and made our way towards it. This hotel is great for an overnight stop and I would thoroughly recommend it. The male owner deserves to get on.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie86
Reviewed 11 December 2006

My family of three (at the time) and sister-in-law stayed at the Mini Hotel in Asti as lodging for the 2006 Winter Olypics in Torino. These accomodations were booked by a friend via a travel agent.

Strictly speaking, the Mini Hotel does qualify as a ***, however, we felt the accomdations left much to be desired. It really felt like a ** hotel upgraded to a *** just in time for the Olympics. The room we stayed in was a double (two twin beds). No extra cots were available upon check-in and we had to twist the staff's arm in order to get us a crib, even though all requests were firmed up well in advance via email. In order to best rest at night, we had to push the two twin beds together have the three adults lay across them. Breakfast is included in the cost of the room. There is plenty of parking at Mini Hotel. Mini Hotel is located well outside the city center of Asti in an industrial zone(?) just off the A21. You would have to take public transportation or drive in order to visit the city center or take the train.

Fortunately, my wife went into active labor and we had to leave two days early. =) The rub, of course, is that we were out for the cost of the room for the remainder of the stay and for the tickets for events we had yet to see. =(

Mini Hotel is not a dump. The staff, rooms, and restaurant are nice enough. The hotel does feel like ** lodging with *** accomodations slapped on to make the cut. Its probably best suited for truckers or travellers just looking for a room overnight. It certainly doesn't have any ambience or charm and I wouldn't stay there again nor recommend it to somebody looking to visit the area. You can visit their website [--] and judge for yourself.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled with family