“Refined food and excellent wines in a gastronomic setting”

Restaurant L'Angolo del Beato
Ranked #55 of 332 Restaurants in Asti
Price range: US$34 - US$137
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Leuven, Belgium
“Refined food and excellent wines in a gastronomic setting”
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I returned to this restaurant after having discovered it by accident some years ago when I was travelling in Piedmont. I returned there now because the food was so memorable that it had stuck with me over the years. By now, the restaurant had evolved into a more suitable setting and style. The building is a lovely amalgamate of old character with modern furniture and white walls: very sobre and therefore all the attention can go to the gastronomic event of the evening. The food is simple delicious and as refined as I have ever had it in Italy. The wine list is a gem and the owner is happy to advise on suitable wines. The wine we chose was fantastic, exactly what we had tried to describe to him. These people know their trade and are proud of it. Our evening was memorable and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone, up to the point where you might want to go out of your way to go there, like we did.

• Visited June 2011

Lausanne, Switzerland
“A nice trip to the Piemont tradition”
Reviewed 14 August 2010

The restaurant is a great option if you want to taste typical and authentic Piemontese food. A very nice ambient - now in a new address, but with the same old management and staff - where you can taste all nice options from the great Piemontese tradition. Start with a selection of antipasti and you already feel great. You can move then to several choices of Pasta - my preferred is gnocchi all bava - and the typical brasato al barbera wine! Simply delicious! All that married with nice red wines from the region.