“Clean convenient and very helpful staff”
Review of Star Residence

Star Residence
Ranked #19 of 129 Hotels in Turin
“Clean convenient and very helpful staff”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

As above except we couldn't get in our safe with passports etc. the young man on night duty went above and beyond to access it for us to our great relief-v pleased with the stay. We had an Appartment which had a nice little kitchenette as well as a beautifully clean shower room.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Giulietta34

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel on 30th July for 1 night as I had to travel the next day from Torino Porta Susa to a nearby town. I found this hotel to be friendly, comfortable and reasonably priced included free wifi which was very fast. There is no restaurant in the hotel so no breakfast but they do have a small well equipped kitchenette in the room where you can prepare breakfast or any other meal. Round the corner there super markets where you buy your groceries and breakfast materials. There are a few restaurants, Pizzerias, and coffee shops nearby and walking distance. I recommend Quick dei Giovanni. Excellent food and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Hotel is on a quiet street. I guess all rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I were enjoying a trip of Italy and had to change plans to include a stay in Turin. We came across this apartment due to the good reviews and reasonable prices (approx Euro80 p/nt) and booked less than 2 weeks before staying).

It's a 5 minute walk from Porta Susa station which is a beautiful station reminding me of Paris's Charles de Gaulle Terminal One after having been recently renovated.

We were made very welcome by the front desk staff and were massively impressed by the studio apartment we choose. There's many who, if living in a £500K apartment in the middle of London, this would be positive luxury, with decent sized living area, separate bathroom and bedroom. Not that my wife and I were too bothered as there's lots to discover in Turin but there were two TV's with lots of channels!

Anyhow, the staff were very helpful to tell us where to find the local grocery shop (a Carrefour about 5 minutes walk) and nearby restaurants (one of which I've done a review for which was simply fantastic, The Bakery, about 10 minutes walk away).

Overall, this is a fantastic place to stay with a good location being near to the Metro which gets you in to downtown in less than 20 mins from leaving the apartment and stands for the things many of us look for when on holiday: good living quarters in a convenient location which doesn't cost the earth. I can only but recommend this establishment and would definitely stay again if returning to the lovely city of Turin.

Room Tip: Many rooms include kitchenette's and with a nearby supermarket, you can easily buy a few staples...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank duckvader
Germantown, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Our group enjoyed five rooms here last month. The rooms are spacious and clean. The beds are comfortable. The staff are very helpful and courteous. The students in my group loved having a kitchen in their rooms and took advantage of the opportunity to do a little grocery shopping nearby and prepare a few meals. It was a nice change from all of the eating out we had done. The location is extremely
Convenient to Porta Susa. A number of good restaurants in the area or within walking distance. The neighborhood is a bit loud so difficult to sleep with the Windows open and the air conditioner was not turned on while we were there so the rooms were a little stuffy. Overall I would not hesitate to return.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jwillstp
Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Star residence is my home far from home. I can't even compare the service I received here because it is not a service...it is much more like a family taking care of one of its own.
The staff it is like a family to me: Fulvio, Chiara, Mario and Alessandro will bend backwards twice to make your stay pleasant and smooth. They constitute an A team players who provides, with no doubt, the best service and care I have ever found in Italy.
Then, when you get into the room and find a spacious and modern space at a fair rate in a nice location....well, there's nothing more to say.
Perfect for business travelers and fitted for tourists, Star Residence MUST be your only and unique choice during your stay in Torino.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I had been driving around Italy in an Avis car and needed to drop it in Turin one afternoon and catch the TGV to Paris from Porta Sulsa Torino the next morning. This hotel is conveniently a short walk from both the Avis depot and Porta Sulsa. It is some distance from the main entrance to the station, but is very close to one of the side entrances. Unfortunately, at 6am in a hurry, it wasn’t obvious to me how to get from the side entrances (which seem to go straight down to track level) back to the concourse. If you are trying to do it I suggest first asking the hotel front desk who were generally extremely helpful.

It is an “only online bookings” hotel which concerned me, but in fact they were extremely responsive. The hotel appears to be recently renovated and my room was simply delightful. Modern and well appointed and a good size. I wouldn't use this as a base from which to explore the main attractions of Turin (I prefer to walk, and it would be public transport from here), but is a pleasant enough area.

There is no restaurant in the hotel and I did something I would normally avoid like the plague, and asked the front desk for a suggestion. The result was simply superb! They thoughtfully asked about my trip, then suggested that since I had an interest in food of the area I dine at El Crinet Trattoria, a short walk. It was superb and typically Piedmontese. They were very patient with my Italian, but I overheard a conversation further away where they discussed the menu in good English with another table. A really nice night, but wines by the glass were limited.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo