“Unbelievable” 5 of 5 bubbles

Magorabin
Ranked #180 of 3,554 Restaurants in Turin
Price range: US$34 - US$135
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Vanchiglia
Surfers Paradise, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unbelievable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

A very nice place, i took the 9-course menu, fantastic veal tongue with the shrimp and the tangerine, and a foie gras creme caramel that I will remember as long as I live ... Wine list as thick as the phone book of Queensland about 1100 different wines, Basically one of the best dinner of my life ..

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank fr4nce87

Frederiksberg, Denmark
“A fantastic Italian innovative adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

We went there during our vacation in Piemonte early october, made a reservation in good time, approached to the restaurant a bit early, we were hungry , the small restaurant was empty we were the first to order, a fantastic menu and wine menu, it was a great handling from the waiters and the sommelier. Soon all tables was taken, and we had this wonderful feeling of dishes and different wines all worked together from start to the end some hours later.
Clearly a place to seek out next time in Turin.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Winesurgeon
Sliema, Malta
“Never got to eat there!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I booked a table for two at this restaurant two weeks prior to the date of the reservation i.e. Sunday 29th September 2013 and received a confirmation of the reservation with 24 hours. So far, so good. This was a special occasion since it was my wife's birthday. On Saturday, 21st September 2013, I received a phone call from the Maitre D' of the restaurant at around 2100 CET. The Maitre D' asked me whether I still required the reservation since my booking was down for 2030. I informed the person at Magorabin that my reservation was for the 29th September 2013 and the 21st. I was told my the Maitre D' that my reservation would be changed to the following Saturday (28th September) to which I advised him that my reservation was required for the following day, Sunday 29th. I was then informed that THE RESTAURANT IS CLOSED ON SUNDAY and the best he could do was book me on the Saturday 28th. This got me thinking that if the restaurant did not botch up my reservation in the first place, I would have turned up with my wife at the restaurant on Sunday only to find it closed - hence ruining the surprise I had planned for my better half. The restaurant proffered their apologies for the mess up but I was not comfortable eating there lest they mess up anything further. My 2 cents wisdom - avoid Magorabin go to Sotto La Mole instead.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank MichaelSatariano
Cham, Switzerland
“Food was not exceptional”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

Servis , location, ambience was nice but food was not worth Michelin Star. Actually out of 7 course menu we found 2 courses not eatable (anchovies with spagheti - terribly salty and pig tongue was overcooked) , 3 cources OK and 2 very tasty.

We had to spent 40min in metro and walking to get there . I would not do it again....

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Milan, Italy
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

Our group of 4 people enjoyed a lunch there so much.

All dishes were great! Service was at its best really - very sweet and nice people working there. We were given a lot of complimentary yummy little things. Overall we paid EUR 165 for 4 and each of us had 2/3 courses.

• Visited March 2013