“Nice church.”

37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Nice church.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I've seen quite a number of churches throughout France and Italy, and I'd prefer to rate each on its own merit rather than in comparison to others. That being said, this one is worth the visit. It is pretty, and as previously mentioned is laid out in a very nontraditional manner. That being said, I loathe when churches have gates in place blocking the altar from view. I know from a strictly utilitarian purpose, they keep the tourists out of ongoing services, and yes, the gates were later opened. But I find it especially irksome to see a magnificent altar, only to be in a part of the church in which large cast iron gates prevent me from enjoying it.

All in all, I'm glad I stopped in. But I must admit, I am astounded that this is #2 on TripAdvisor, absolutely astonished, especially having seen some of the rankings of my more preferred churches. But still, don't let that stop you from dropping by, it is worth the time.

Visited November 2013
4 Thank psdantonio

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
North East
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“It all depends on what you're expecting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Sometimes the objective assessment is coloured by the expectation. Earlier in our holiday we were in Milan and went to the duomo,I have to say it was every bit as good as we hoped it would be.
When in Turin we saw a lot of churches some very good,late on we visited this basilica which though described as much loved didn't actually get that much of a write up.
Wow is almost all I can say,I don't recall ever seeing anything quite like this before - If in Turin you must go here,but leave it late so the other attractions don't seem like a let down.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank NorthEastnostromo
Edmonton, Canada
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“Simply outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

This was a wonderful little church, with an unusual set of oval areas. While we were there a service was proceeding, so we didn't manage to look around as much as we would have liked. Still, it was extremely interesting to see the silver Madonna with a gold crown. Overall, very well worth the visit if you are anywhere near downtown. One of the great Turin churches.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Peter S
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“amazing church”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

don't forget to take a quick tour of the right wings (about 30 meteres at the right of the entrance) to see all the grazie (paintings made by people who thanks the Madonna for being survived a dangerous situation)

Visited March 2013
Fribourg, Switzerland
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“So unexpected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

This must be the most unusually shaped church we have visited. You enter in the middle of a longish oval and then move forward into a hexagonal, marble-clad sanctum. There's a sunken chapel on the south side with framed military epaulettes on the walls above it. Don't miss the votive pictures in other areas to the right of the alter. These illustrations constitute touching folk art as well as reflecting the prayers of the pious.

Visited July 2013