“Great food, great service, reasonable prices”
Review of Kido-ism - CLOSED

Kido-ism
Price range: US$50 - US$102
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Even ranked as high as it was, I walked in Kido-ism with suspicion. I wasn't sure how Italian-Asian fusion would work. I mean, that sounds weird, doesn't it? So if not for the fact that it was ranked #1 in T.A., I probably wouldn't have gone. Well, thank god we did. We've been in Europe for over a month now, and this has been the best restaurant we've been to thus far. I'll admit nothing I had was the best plate I've had in Europe. But every single thing we had was EXCELLENT.
We had the tasting menu and thus got a chance to try many different things. Again, all very good.
The staff was very attentive and very helpful in choosing menu items and wine.
The prices weren't great... but for this quality of food, you'd be asking for too much for it to be. Even so, they were reasonable. And it's not going to break the bank. My wife and I both had one of the tasting menus and a bottle of wine, all for under 100 Euros.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

Based on positive reviews I selected this restaurant to celebrate a special birthday. And we had the most amazing evening. The menu of Asian/Italian fusion was something truly unique and exciting. We had a culinary adventure, expertly guided by the experienced and knowledgeable waiters. All in all, a very special evening in Turin.

1  Thank AnnieinL0nd0n
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Kido-ism is first of all an high level restaurant.
Something that was missing in Torino.

Service is kind, rigorous and never invasive.
Tastes?
A kitchen that you don't find everywhere (so do not expect typical dishes or something usual or known). Detail of dish preparation, presentation added to nice tastes, excellent quality of raw materials and the final presentation are very nice and deserve positive adjectives only.
(e.g. bread? home-made to be tasted and presented in a cute way).

You will not go outside with sensation of empty stomach and wallet.

In any case atmposhere is peaceful (depending from neighbours' voices) and quite reserved, so that it's good both for pleasure both for business occasions.

You will not waste your money in any case. They are young, they are nice and they deserve their success.
My only request is do not lose this spirit and keep going on to amaze us.

1  Thank Cruto
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We recently dined at Kido-ism with a friend who was visiting from the States. My main reason for selecting this place was due to the fact that they accepted reservations and were open on a Monday evening, which in Torino is uncommon. What a pleasant surprise when we arrived and were met with friendly hospitality and beautiful decor. The evening continued to improve when we began to receive our food which was creative, artfully presented and utterly delicious. Kido-ism far exceeded our expectations and I highly recommend. It's a unique and worthwhile dining experience.

1  Thank flas_bella
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We ate here already twice and it is definitely one of the best restaurants in Turin. What a nice food and made in such creative surpsing way you don't see often in Italy. If you really want to be surprised take the degustazione KIDO-ISM and spend 3 hours. With the friendly service of Maria it's a perfect experience!

Takashi K, Proprietario at Kido-ism, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Thank You very much!!!