“not as I was expecting”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centro
Description: The Ristorante Galante, local intimate in the heart of Turin, has a thirty management that already the presence of the second generation. Many preparations including craft is essential to remember the bread, bread sticks, fresh pasta, and last but not least, cakes and ice creams.
italy
“not as I was expecting”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

The place is nice and the personnel is kind. Also the food is good, but not so special as I was expecting, considering the fact that this place was recommended by a friend. Only a few dishes of the original regional cuisine, that dot make this a regional restaurant. A little bit overpriced.

Visited March 2012

• Korean first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“place to return!”
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I was searching on Internet for restaurants serving Piedmont cuisine and found this among others. We went there on Friday night, we hadn't made a reservation, but after some 15 min waiting we got a table. The meal was wonderful and the service impeccable. They served prosecco, home-made bread and prosciutto crudo & melone before the meal.

My grilled peppers with sauce of bagna cauda were delicious, so was sformatino di porcini for my partner. Fillet of beef was tender, but - my bad - I had forgotten to ask it extra-well-cooked. We washed down our meal with a nice red Barbera d’Asti. Though the portions were generous we couldn’t miss a desert as the list featured bonet delle Langhe. So good. Coffee was accompanied by some home-made biscuits and small cakes. More than a pleasant night for my birthday!

• Visited September 2011