All reviews train station coffee tea making facilities main station lovely balcony canned fruit french doors small balcony egyptian museum top floor travelling by train nice hotel free wifi main sites spent two nights few minutes walk great room stayed one night
Reviewed 22 June 2015

We stayed a couple of nights here, Friday 19th and Saturday 20th June 2015. The hotel is in a really good location: just a couple of minutes from the Porto Nova bus stop where the airport bus drops you. It is also very convenient for the train station and the underground. You can get to the centre of town in a 10 to 15 minutes pleasant walk and you can take the underground from Porto Nova to the Lingotto area for the Auto-mobile Museum, Eataly and the Fiat building.

The hotel is clean and there is a good buffet breakfast. We had a double room: it was spacious, with air conditioning and a nice, modern bathroom with a good, powerful shower. Our friend had a single room on the seventh floor with a great balcony giving a good view out towards the hills.

But what really marks this place out is the service, which was excellent. Our friend left her i-pad at the airport and the member of staff on reception - I think his name was Francesco - was so helpful. He phoned the cafe in the airport and helped her to track it down: he really went out of his way to help her. Thank you Best Western Hotel Luxor Turin!

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2015

I arrived late by train to Torino Porta Nuova train station. The hotel was about 5-10 minutes walk.The staff was friendly, and pointed me to a nice restaurant nearby. The room was great and breakfast was very good. All in all very nice experience (though did not spend much time visiting the city itself, but it seems that it is a good location also for that purpose).

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2015

Booked this holiday package via Expedia at a very competitive rate of £528, this included the flight from Stanstead and an offer of 5 nights for the cost of 4 at the Hotel Luxor.
As the flight was an early one at 6-55, we stayed overnight in the Holiday Inn Express which for £124 provided an overnight stay, breakfast(which we missed as the flight was so early) and up to eight days free parking.
A shuttle bus was provided at three pounds each and started from 4am, and every half hour.
The flight with Ryan Air was very good, and we arrived on Schedule at Turin
We decided to catch the Shuttle bus, as this stopped at Porto nuvo Station, which is only a short walk to the Hotel.You can buy the tickets for this just inside the main terminal, or, as in our case by a girl standing by the bus itself.You need to punch your ticket into the machine just behind the driver, and failure to do this can lead to a twenty five Euro fine, even if you have the ticket (Apparently they have a lot of inspectors who are not to Subtle in asking to see these "Punched "Tickets.
We arrived after a 45 minute journey at 11-30, and as checking in time was not until 2pm, resigned ourselves to a wait of 2+ hours, but no, we were given our key straight away..

The Hotel.
Excellent Location,
Very friendly staff(all spoke English)
Our Room(501) on the fifth floor
overlooking busy main road with french doors(But very efficient double glazing so traffic noise not a problem)
Fridge,
Safe(Provided free of Charge)
Lovely shower with top and body nozzles
Very clean
TV, but mainly italian channels
Tea/ Coffee making facilities, but cups are small, and no milk provided.
The hotel is very well located, and only a 40 minute walk from the main square which houses the Royal Palace,The Egyptian Museum, and the Turin Shroud.
We ate out at Lunch time, as the cost of food caters to italian office workers at this time, and is therefore much cheaper than in the evenings.
You must remember to take an italian/English phrase book with you, and many Italians do not understand english terribly well, and I cannot speak italian very well either!
Turin is a fantastic city, with plenty to do, lovely buildings, excellent museums, and lovely parks all over the city.
Would I recommend this, most definetly
Also by booking with Expedia I saved us approx £500 on the cheapest travel agent prices.

Room tip: Great on the fifth level
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank David T
Reviewed 20 May 2015

This was our first hotel after coming off an organised tour and we were very happy with what we booked on line! The room was spacious and very pleasant with a small balcony overlooking the street - little noisy, but nothing to worry about really. Very close and handy to everything, especially Turin Station. Wi Fi easy to access and staff Very helpful. Very good breakfast. Absolutely no hesitation when we return in staying here.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2015

I stayed here for a short business trip to Turin. Room was small but fine for one person (I was travelling solo). The bed was comfortable, it was nice to have a balcony and the desk was sufficient for me to work on for one of the days I was staying there. Staff were helpful and cheery - they sent up an iron and ironing board immediately after I requested them, they gave me an early wake up call the morning I left and arranged a taxi which promptly showed up. The hotel had very strong central heating on, which was welcome although it did mean taking off a few layers when entering the room - but in my book that's a better situation to be in than no central heating at all! I only had a proper breakfast the first morning I was there (just grabbed some biscuits the morning I left as it was before 7am) but I was impressed with the variety of food items on offer: toast, cereal, cakes (very Italian!), more British-style sausages and eggs, croissants, fruit etc. My only real complaint is that the wall between my room and the one next to it was very thin and the people next door made a lot of noise until I asked them to be quiet after midnight. The second night was better but the rooms definitely need better soundproofing.

Room tip: The upper floors seem quieter esp in terms of avoiding noise from the street than the lower ones.
Date of stay: March 2015