“Right solution”

Ranked #22 of 128 Hotels in Turin
Bergamo, Italy
“Right solution”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

From several years I spend my business and pleasure trips in this hotel. In any occasions I always find that hotel Crimea is the right location at a remarkable value for money.
It's in a strategic location to reach the historical centre of Torino by foot or by cycle (it's possible to rent it in hotel); it's closed to Gran Madre place with its particular and fine restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
South Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

We were only spending one night in Turin after a week in the Piedmont, and this hotel turned up on the AAA website. We clearly made the right choice. The hotel is in a quiet neighborhood, just a 20 minute walk to the city center. The room itself was small, but well appointed. The bathroom was very modern, and was stocked with plenty of toiletries. And the air conditioning was both efficient and quiet. When we booked on the AAA site, there was no option of a non-smoking room, but I put that in as a special request, which the hotel honored. The second floor, in fact, is clearly marked as a non-smoking floor.

The staff here was friendly and helpful, providing lots of helpful suggestions for restaurants, etc., as well as booking a cab for our early morning flight. We had to rush through breakfast, which was a shame, because the selection was very good and the breakfast area is very attractive. The waiter was very attentive, and I wished I had more time to enjoy the excellent caffe latte he made for me. We also appreciated the newspapers in a variety of languages to read. I would not hesitate to return here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Our team stayed at the hotel during our World Masters Games and we find all the staff's attitude very friendly and helpful. Special mention to Amarnda from reception who attended all our queries and assisted with taxi bookings even giving us ice for all our aches and pain from our sport. Special thanks also to Monica from the breafast room who worked tirelessly with her team mate in catering to all our coffee and teas and keeping the breafast buffet well replenish.
The location of the hotel was ideal as the bus stop was close by to get into the various sport venues. The rooms were comfortable and it was in a nice quiet part of town, close to the Po river with some good cafe and restaurants close by.
Highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting Torino

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking floor if you don't like cigarette smells.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Mortsel, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed here for two nights, as we passed by and decided to go visit Turin for once, in stead of having a quick look at it from the highway.
Conveniently located, standard business hotel, in a quiet neighborhood.
Nice walk (half an hour) along the river Po and the via Po to the city centre.
Friendly staff, standard business hotelroom and bathroom. Private / closed parking space available.
Good value for money (reduced price if prepaid at booking).
No restaurant in hotel, but many good places in the neighborhood.
Breakfast is very good, and better than expected for an Italian place! The morning/breakfast-waiter was very attentive and apparently proud of his work!

Good place to stay for a Turin-visit; Turin is a very nice city, worth visiting !

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I was very lucky to find this hotel in Turin. My travel plans have changed suddenly, and I did not have time to make a thorough research on hotels in Turin; in a hindsight, I realize that I was even luckier finding Hotel Crimea since the hotel scene in Turin has changed from tight to squeezed in the last 10 years.

Reading reviews here and on Booking.com in the evening before arrival, I made a reservation at a more expensive 4-star Hotel Principe Di Torino. Alas, that turned out to be a case of a review-trap, an occasional phenomenon when the reality is strikingly different from exalted comments. That hotel greets with rude welcome and a roaring and pulluted roadside location most likely requiring ear plugs and a gas mask, even if a room is facing away from the road. Luckily, they agreed to cancel the reservation.

Yet I still needed a place for 2 nights. I was sure I'd find a hotel in the close surrounding green hills but there was absolutely nothing decent. Villa Sacchi was no more a hotel; Parco Hotel Sassi that looked so peaceful on the pictures in reality was also very close to a major very noisy road. I did not wish to splurge this time on one excellent establishment - Grand Hotel Sitea; and another decent hotel from a personal experience - Hotel Principi D'Acaja - was too far from the center and good only for the airport connection in the morning. What to do?

I used my Garmin GPS to locate nearest hotels to Piazza Vittorio Veneto where I was stuck in disbelief of such difficulty of landing an acceptable inn; my requirements were - close to the center, quiet location, reasonable rate and easy car parking. GPS showed a few hotels; I called here and there and I liked the best the conversation with the Best Western Crimea - the person on the phone was very polite, welcoming, explaining the features like free wifi, everything sounded promising and there I was in 3 minutes - such is the drive along the Po from Piazza Vittorio Veneto to the hotel.

Initially I was appalled by the architectural ugliness of the facade. It is indeed unfortunate that such a discreet monstrosity exists in an otherwise elegant neighborhood; but the reception was very courteous and efficient, in perfect English (I confess I chose Best Western to be assured for some standard and I was right on that call).

The room was the biggest positive surprise. Although quite small - it was a single room, it had everything a modern traveler needed - a good bed, marvelous bathroom, lots of closet space, free wifi that proved to work very well; a minibar with a fridge; and above all, it was very quiet! Needless to say, it was very clean. The air conditioner could be adjusted to make the room very cold, meaning it was well working.

The bathroom was very well adorned - nice design, modern shower cabin, lots of towels, toiletries, great shower, a bidet.

I got help with the bags; there is a paid garage but for my 2 nights stay I managed to park on the street with no problems. The neighborhood seemed very safe and quiet, and I have not experienced any problems. I loved that the hotel was 2 blocks away from the riverside extremely busy road; my room was free from any traffic noise, although the noise from some deliveries and construction work somewhere still reached the room in the morning, but it was not overly loud. The sleep quality was very good.

On more exploration, the location turned even better - it was easy to get to the very center like Palazzo Madama - I drove to Piazza Vittorio Veneto where there is an underground parking, very safe and half-full. From there it is fun to take a slim tram to Piazza Castello, it takes only two stops. One can also walk along the historic arcaded Via Po to the same destination. A promenade from Vittorio Veneto towards the river Po and along the river at I Murazzi is very refreshing and scenic after the clamor and crowds of the city center.

In the morning the hotel serves breakfast which is pretty good for the hotel of its class - sausage, cold cuts, eggs, breads, package juice; and the coffee was very good.

Overall I believe this hotel is one of the best alternatives for the budget traveler. Certainly it is not a place to spend a honeymoon, but if your stay is short, it is quite comfortable - clean, quiet, and well decorated; I was very pleased with the design of my single room. Everything looked new and with good taste for the 3-star hotel. Definitely it is a better choice that many 4-star hotels in the city; add to this a very good location, easy car parking and easy access- it provides a very good value.

I must reiterate that the current hotel scene in Turin is tough. A more pampering establishment would be significantly more expensive; it almost seems as there is nothing in between the level of Crimea and Sitea. Thus I recommend Crimea if your situation tolerates a total luck of numerous pleasant nice touches that exist in more upscale properties.

Adjusting my expectations for Turin's hotel situation, I was very satisfied with my 2 night stay and knowing the competition, Best Western Hotel Crimea should be considered a very good hotel for what it provides.

Room Tip: Rooms facing courtyard are very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Gradiva
Macerata, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

I spend 15 days per year in the Hotel when I'm Turin for business. And it's always a pleasant stay for several reasons. First of all the personnel is very charmig, they are from Turin and they can give you useful hints concerning what to do in the city. Secondly, there are always a newspapers in the morning, and, last but not least, the district where the Hotel is lcated is the most beautiful in Turin. It'a quite and very elegant, chatacterised by interesting architecture and a couple of fine restaurants. Moreover, the Po river is close and you take out your business suit and put on running shoes to have a run along the river in the most cool place in spring and summer.
Rooms are note luxury ones, but when I'm there I feel like being a familiar place.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank orsigori
Grenoble, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

My wife, her mother, 2 daughters and myself stayed there for 2 days. We arrived on Sunday and in the evening when we requested recommended resturants in the locality at the front desk guy, he just said that he didn't know much about the area and just recommended the local pizzaeria. That struck me as very bad customer service but I realise that Sunday many resturants are shut. However if this hotels wants repeat visitors this doesn't give a good impression. I have to say that the breakfast was well managed by a man who seemed to take pride in his job. On Monday evening I asked about some coffee in my room and was told to order at the bar. Thats 2 Euro a cup but my wife found that we could have received free of charge as part of the service but the front desk woman never explained that. When I went down to the front desk afterwards to show her that service was written in English in their hotel guide, she just dismissed my request and the cost was added to my hotel bill. I found her attitude very cold and not understanding. I will not be returning to this hotel again and was disappointed by the attitude and poor level of service of the staff.

Room Tip: There is a womans only room which have nice items included for free.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family