“Pricey old hotel with great spa”
Review of Hotel Victoria

Hotel Victoria
Ranked #7 of 131 Hotels in Turin
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This is an old hotel, think of it as a quaint hotel. It's in a nice location in Turin so you can walk everywhere.

The rooms are small and oldish. I stayed here solo so it worked for me, can't imagine how couples would be comfortable here. I booked a deluxe room and went down to the front desk to ensure I actually received one. Ruben, a grumbly individual (which stood out to me - since everyone else at the property was super friendly and nice), claimed the deluxe and standard rooms are similar in size and the only large rooms are junior suites. So I guess I paid extra for a robe and some marble in the bathrooms.

The room has poor lighting and while it does have a work desk, there are no outlets anywhere near it. They offer a free minibar with water and a few juices, but it was only restocked every other day during my stay.

The best thing about this place is the property:
1- They have a beautiful little courtyard where you can enjoy the buffet breakfast. Unfortunately it's not the best spread but they do have hard boiled eggs and some fresh fruits (but also some canned ones).
2- They have a wonderful living room area with couches where you can read a book or newspaper.
3- And they have an absolutely wonderful spa with sauna, steam room, aromatic bath and pool. They claim to have a hot tub, but it isn't hot. They keep it set to 34C (93F). Think of it more as a lukewarm tub. The shower in your room is hotter. Clearly the temps should be set from 38-40 if they want people to relax and soak in there. They claimed they can't do that for bacterial reasons (although a cursory google search will show proper hot tub temps up to 40C).

They also have free bicycles on offer so you can bike around the lovely park.

If you plan on using the spa daily then you'll likely get a bang for your buck and it'd be worthwhile to stay here. However, if you are not planning on using the spa - the value proposition doesn't cut it.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are same size as standard and all are small. Go junior suite if you need space.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank TravelinShane

Reviewed 26 September 2013

This hotel is literally next door to Turin's convention center, Torino Incontra. This is why I chose it. I was at the meeting in less than five minutes without a long walk or a taxi fare. This became even more useful when I wanted to meet with other delegates in a comfortable surrounding where we would not be interrupted. Victoria's lobby has several nooks ideal for these meetings, room service bringing us coffee helped. Highly recommended as value for money for anyone attending a conference at the center.
Also recommended as a classic hotel that earns its four stars. For one example, I had to leave my last morning before the restaurant opened for our daily complimentary breakfast. When the front desk staff realized this, they volunteered to have a breakfast made up for me! Also great TV and Wi-Fi availability, but I had problems finding a radio. So I just streamed my home-town station on my tablet. As I said, great Wi-Fi. Located walking distance from restaurants and some historic sites, a short taxi ride from others. A great base for operations, highly recommended even if not meeting at Torino Incontra, the convention center.
Note: restaurant closed for dinner, but if you want to eat in hotel room service is available. It took me a couple of days to figure this out.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Martin g
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The style of the hotel is a bit overwhelming to my Scandinavian taste but once you get over that you soon realise that you are in a very well run, excellent hotel. The staff is very helpfull and every surface shines. A very good breakfast. I did not visit the spa but other visitors recommended it too. Had to work a bit in the room and the facilities were good for that, too. No complaints at all, at any level. Plus the city itself was a pleasent surprise.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank ExoB
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I've been to many an Italian hotel, having got married in Italy, honeymooned in Italy & taken many a holiday & weekend break in Italy. So I've gotten used to the Italian style of hotel room which is very often not overly fantastic. However this hotel is an exception. Although a little pricey, it is very worth it. Located just a five minute walk from the main shopping street, this hotel is furnished like an antique shop. The lobby area is full of curiosities and treasures that encourage further exploration. The breakfast is extensive & very fresh. The rooms are spotless, not a speck of dust in sight & my bed linen felt like new. The spa area is absolutely immaculate, a gorgeous pool, hottub, steam room & sauna as well as herbal showers make you feel like you are in a five star spa resort. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank solas27
Reviewed 21 August 2013

This Hotel was excellent. My wife and I stayed there with our two children 8 and 10. The staff were very professional and friendly. The hotel was very clean. It is an older hotel but well taken care of. Our room was a two bedroom suite with two full baths and a downstairs living room. This was a little over the top for us but this was the only way to have our children with us. The room was excellent. Breakfast in the morning was the best in the five hotels we stayed at over the course of our vacation. The hotel location was very central and easy walking distance to many attractions. Not allot for kids in the hotel. Pool is only open for a few hours for them and we were rarely there during those times. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank bring64
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My wife and I stayed here during the World Masters Games, August, 2013. Our experience at the hotel was excellent. The staff wwas professional, courteous and considerate. Room cleaning standard was exemplary. Breakfast was brilliant and the staff who supported that service were veritable ambassadors. We give the hotel - its amenities, décor and standard of service - the finest rating.

Phil Cox & Corina Morrison, Indian Wells, California

Room Tip: Any room is great! Be thankful the people who operate this hotel know what they're doing and del...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Chairman25
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I was a guest of the Hotel Victoria in early August, during the 2013 World Masters Games. I can understand some of the frustration of the reviewer who complained about all of the Australian and U.S. tourists, but the World Masters Games are a very unique event. The games happen only every four years, and Torino effectively and warmly welcomed more than 18,000 athletes from more than 100 countries. The Hotel Victoria had a number of teams of players from Canada and Australia primarily, with other athletes from the U.S. and other countries as well. At times some of them were loud and may have misbehaved, but the atmosphere was generally lively and positive. Every single person on staff at the Hotel Victoria was incredibly thoughtful, patient, and kind. My own experience was that if I tried to speak Italian, the staff responded in Italian. They were also willing and able to speak perfect English to those guests who had no understanding of Italian, and who were in Italy for a short time. The rooms are charming, the pool a delightful place to unwind and cool off after a long day sightseeing, and the location ideal. The breakfast is more than adequate, and I enjoyed my morning cappuchino every day! I was delighted with my experience and highly recommend staying at this hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends