All reviews hot tub spa and swimming pool the interior courtyard steam room morning breakfast public rooms beautiful hotel egyptian museum quiet street common areas breakfast was delicious business trip restaurant recommendations sitting area very helpful staff italian hotels fresh fruit
Reviewed 16 December 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at the Victoria several times over the last several years and I have noticed a deterioration in the hotel. Check in is not at all welcoming and actually a bit dismissive. The rooms are clean but looking tired and a bit worn. The WiFi is the worst. You constantly have to log in and most of the time, it didn’t work. The breakfast room is lovely but again, the service is not at all friendly. Quality and selection is fair to good. On the plus side, the location is excellent.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2018

We stayed at the hotel about two years ago and were totally enchanted by the spirit that reigned at this place. Welcoming, friendly staff, great attitudes, always ready to please you.
This time it was different. Starting at the reception desk. There are some middle-aged men who couldn't care less about their guests. Getting a smile? Forget it. One should be happy to be attended to.
The staff in the breakfast room is eager to close shop at 10:30 sharp and don't dare to chose a table for four if you're only two people.
Housekeeping staff however was perfect.
Somehow it looked to us like the ownership has changed and that the sense of work to rule (union-style) has taken over the place. Pity.
The WiFi signal is weak in public rooms and was almost non-existant in our room which was at the end of the corridor.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2018

This hotel is remarkable in every aspect- The location is within walking distance of superior shopping, restaurants, train access, the river Po and beautifully lit streets and squares. The staff are superb- when I cam down to ask for a 430 a.m. cab the person at the desk asked if I also wanted a bagged breakfast. I said sure, just bread, and I did receive some bread but also other treasures including fruit and a nutella filled cookie. Speaking of breakfast, on the days in which I dined in the elegant breakfast area with a view of a spectacular courtyard, there were choices including poached pears, fresh fruit, eggs, tomatoes, any type of cheese, teas, coffee of any sort that would be made for you as you sat, and a variety of pastries and breakfast tortes (ie chocolate and lemon). I think many meats were available as well but as a vegetarian I did not inspect these. One night, sleepless and with a stomach ache, I came down 2-3 amish and asked for a piece of bread to setlle the pain. A staff member gave me some fresh bread and offered other options I refused. I also enjoyed some h'ors doevres and sparkling ine in the bar area one night, as I sat onb velvet couches tucked in cozy enclaves for private conversation. Now to the room- it was spectacular from giant windows with a view, high quality cotton sheets and towels, great and free internet, a private balcony, thick walls for quiet sleep etc- This is just my favorite hotel of all time and I have been lucky enough to stay in many that were much more expensive.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

Hotel Victoria is nicely located in the city center walking distance from the main sites (e.g. Egyptian museum, royal palace) and shopping areas. It features a very nice spa, decently priced treatments and a good breakfast buffet. Rooms are quite small small but come with a nicely renovated bathroom. Overall it’s better than most Italian four stars (the Italian system is one star off as true luxury hotel are five star L, whilst five star without L are equivalent to four stars). But the price is also more like Italian five star so at the end you basically get a market deal, courteous staff and good location, but for that price (over eur350 during weekend) it’s not uncommon to find a deal in a real luxury palace.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights two adults and a kid. Firstly, we really liked the swimming pool. It’s very nice. Note that kids access is limited to certain times but they can come. Small Saunas and a jacuzzi is also available.

Our room was rather small. The bathroom was really small. But our room was facing the inner yard and huge terrace with a table and deck chairs and becaus we had lovely weather we spent most time outthere and it was glorious. If we hadn’t had the terrace i think i would give 3 stars to the hotel.

The breakfast was ok. Highlight was good sourdough bread. Coffee disappointing (common, you are in Italy!).

Service was nice and friendly. Good location

Date of stay: September 2018