“Central city 5 star”

Ranked #10 of 129 Hotels in Turin
Turin, Italy
“Central city 5 star”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Excellent quality hotel but there were a couple of hiccups. The staff sorted out the problem of a cold shower by changing our room, first the room was a slight down grade but fortunately a switched on young lady then up graded our room, well done to the staff. One suggestion to all 5 star hotels, could you please put in a decent hairdryer for us lovely ladies and all the men who still have hair.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
PrincipidiPiemonte, Receptionist at Hotel Principi di Piemonte, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you for staying at Principi di Piemonte. We are very sorry for the shower issue, but glad that you appreciated our Staff’s efforts.
We thank you for your comments on the hairdryers, this is definitely an issue we will look into very soon.
With our very best regards,
Diego Di Iorio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I am not sure that I can recommend this as a 5 star hotel - as a 4 star hotel, then yes. The bedroom (high floor) was good, with a very high quality bathroom and wonderful views across the city. The reception staff were very disappointing - at best they were going through the motions and seemed uninterested and not engaged with customer service. A number of times they failed to offer the service expected, for example: I asked for a taxi one day and was told to go outside and call one myself! When a colleague came to the hotel to meet me, there was not security consideration as reception just passed on my room number to him and allowed him into the hotel rooms!The bar staff were excellent - friendly, efficient, pro-active. The location is certainly excellent. It was astonishing, and a poor reflection on the chain of hotels, that that they still charge for internet - it is like being back at least a decade. the breakfast was very good and with an efficient staff. Overall...not good value for money.

Room Tip: High room facing the city
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Duncan C
PrincipidiPiemonte, Receptionist at Hotel Principi di Piemonte, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Guest,
thank you for staying at our hotel and taking the time to post your detailed review.
We are so glad to learn that you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms, the excellent location and the amazing view.
Our friendly and efficient Staff is always warmly acknowledged by our guests: as such, we feel very sorry about the unappropriate behaviour of some of our reception Staff, and will definitely make sure that our service always meets the clients’ expectations in the future.
Regarding the internet connection on charge, the hotel rules are in accordance with our chain policy; we are sorry that this aspect has disappointed you.
We hope you come back and visit us again soon.
With our best regards,
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We travelled on vacation. Location is perfect, right in center of town, near great food and easy to get to all the sights. Very nice room with very helpful staff. They gave great advice on restaurants. Rooms are modern and well appointed.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ted M
PrincipidiPiemonte, Receptionist at Hotel Principi di Piemonte, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review of your recent stay at Principi di Piemonte. I sincerely appreciate your very kind appraisal of our team, facilities, and services; I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your commending remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.
I am looking forward to your next visit to the Turin.
Best Regards
Diego
Naples, Campania, Italy
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Very Nice hotel in the centre of Torino
Good service and clean big rooms
The only negative thing is that you have to pay for wifi. It's a little ridiculous for a 5 star hotel to charge for wifi.
The reception gives good fast service
The quality of the bed is very good

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Tim_jansen1975
PrincipidiPiemonte, Shift Leader - Front Office Dept. at Hotel Principi di Piemonte, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Dear Mr. Tim,

first of all thank you for choosing Hotel Principi di Piemonte in Turin for your stay!

Thank you for your nice review on this site and compliments addressed to the service offered and our reception staff. We are always very happy to make all our guests feel at home during their stay at the hotel.

As for the WIFI payment, we regret that it will not cause inconvenience but we welcome your criticism as an opportunity to improve even more.

See you soon!

Carmen Americo
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay; on the minus side:

Room had some wear and tear; breakfast hospitality and offering 'ok'; the breakfast service was not so attentive (wait 5 min before someone asks your coffee order), 20 min wait to get our car out of the garage, elevators make an alarm sound during day hours alerting you to know you are stopping (why is this needed??), 25 Euro charge for wifi - really in a junior suite?? Super thin towels in room.

On the plus side; excellent location, comfortable room, loved the bar service - go there even if you don't choose to stay there! Check in prompt and easy - even after a late night arrival.

We alternate between here and Golden Palace. I'd probably give GP a try next time....

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Service_Sommelier
PrincipidiPiemonte, Receptionist at Hotel Principi di Piemonte, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for staying at Principi di Piemonte hotel.
Thank you for your positive comments on the bar service, the location and the comfort of our rooms.
We will try our best to speed up the breakfast service and car return. As for the internet connection on charge, the hotel rules are in accordance with our chain policy; we are sorry that this aspect has disappointed you.
Our elevators were designed in accordance with local and national regulations, and the “noise” actually warns blind guests when the doors are opening.
I certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcome your return in the near future.
Best regards,
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I have just returned from Turin staying at this hotel from 28th to 31st October.

It is a beautiful hotel perfectly located for everything that Turin has to offer. The rooms have the WOW factor.

We ate at the hotel several times, breakfast, snack, dinner and I would absolutely recommend the food and the wine!

The staff are mostly great, special mention to Flavio, there is nothing he does not know about Turin. Complete Joy! But very many of his colleagues are fabulous too!

The staff speak English so well I feel embarrassed about how lazy we English are.

Principi has a beautiful spa located on the lower ground floor that is free to residents but there is an extra charge if you require a treatment such as a massage, manicure or facial. You just have to try it.

A couple of down points were that my travel agent had requested a twin room, as I was travelling with my son, but upon arrival we were allocated a double room with disabled facilities - my son is not disabled. I requested the bed be split but it never was. Also for a Five Star hotel I didn't get the concept of free slippers but no bathrobes nor the fact there was no coffee making facilities.

But I suppose the thing that bugged me was that I asked to see several other rooms as I wish to return in February with several members of my family. I was shown, a suite, the Diplomat suite and then requested to see the Presidential Suite but was not allowed. I also asked for rates for these rooms during the period I wished to return. They where not forthcoming. The staff member whom I requested to see the Presidential room with seemed to avoid me on my day of departure which made me feel a little put out. Perhaps my LV handbag was not quite up to season! By the way there is a LV store right across from the hotel. I suppose everyone is allowed an Off Day!

That all said I would absolutely return to this hotel and strongly recommend that you give it a try!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Charlotte N
PrincipidiPiemonte, Shift Leader - Front Office Dept. at Hotel Principi di Piemonte, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear Mrs. Charlotte,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Turin !
We are very happy that the Hotel Principi di Piemonte you enjoyed it and that you appreciated the fact that it is located in the city center , very convenient compared to the major points of interest.
Our Friendly and helpful you hit this edition we are very pleased because we all do our utmost to make you feel at home, always free to return .
Thanks for the kind words towards our dining facilities and Spa.
We are very sorry not to have prepared the room with 2 separate beds, as you had requested , but normally we always do on receipt of the request by the Guest. As for the other in-room amenities , slippers , coffee maker and bathrobes are available on request.
We are deeply sorry that you had the feeling that someone of the staff wanted to avoid you and that you have heard it too , because I assure you that was not going to any of us convey this . the only possible explanation I can give is that you've asked to see the rooms were not available at the time of your request , and at the time of check out , the person that you thought you would avoid in reality it was only indaffaranta .
Thanks again for wanting to be our Guest .

See you soon

Carmen Americo
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We have family business in Torino. This time we changed to the Principi di Piemonte, I am sorry we did.
Pros:
- Room was discounted 20% on a offer on the hotels website so the room price was reasonable.
- Bedding was good quality and we slept well
- Bathroom was marble and very nice
- Closet was large
Cons:
- We were charged 35 euro a night for parking
- Internet is 15 euros/for 8 hours
- Room was next to elevator, we heard a thunk every time the elevator door opened
- TV in the sitting area turned on by itself several times
- Sitting room furniture was dowdy
- hair dryer was underpowered unless you have a crew cut
- Service was cold and impersonal
- Breakfast was no better than average (horrible omelets one morning)

Last stay for us.

Room Tip: Avoid '01' rooms, right by elevator - we heard the elevator door every time it opened.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank real_in_philly
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to post your review. Comments are always helpful tools for us to understand our Guests’ expectations and try to fulfill them as much as possible.
I would like to point out that the parking is not part of our hotel and it is completely independent; thanks to an agreement with our hotel, our guests enjoy cheaper tariffs than other users.
As for the internet connection on charge, the hotel rules are in accordance with our chain internal policy; we are sorry that this aspect has disappointed you.
We are also very sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with the breakfast buffet and the service, which are usually rated very positively by our Guests.
With our best regards,