1,205 results
All reviews train station egyptian museum small balcony overlooking the street excellent location museo egizio pedestrian area shopping street walking distance very comfortable room convenient location stayed one night fifth floor via roma porta nuova restaurants and shops loved this hotel very nice hotel
Reviewed 29 August 2018

This is a well-located hotel for anyone who wants to stroll around the city. We were helped in the nearby parking area by an unofficial attendant known to hotel staff. We found the hotel clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good. The staff were very friendly. We would go back.

Room Tip: The hotel was no noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Littlefish2017
Reviewed 17 August 2018

Stayed three nights in August 2018. Location is its best advantage because of its close proximity to the railway station and major tourist attractions, including the world class Egyptian museum and the National Museum of Cinema.

The bedroom and the bathroom were clean and tidy; comfortable bed, helpful front desk staff. Breakfast had a variety of options but for the first two days the English breakfast (scrambled eggs, sausages etc). When brought this to notice on the 2nd morning, the young male waiter defended himself saying that it's cold because too many people open and close the lids of the containers!!! Wow, and there weren't many opting for the English breakfast! He did not check that the burners weren't switched on. We asked him to check how cold the containers were. On the third day however, the burners were switched on and it was all fine.

Soundproofing of the room was not good; we heard footsteps to opening and closing doors etc. Our room was a long way from the elevators.

More attention to detailing would make this hotel easily will more stars!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel advertises “Elegant and refined... equipped with every comforts and features ... for both business and leisure travelers...”. In fact, this is a two-star motel masquerading as a business hotel.

First, there is ZERO soundproofing in this hotel. I could hear people in rooms across the halls and two doors down. I could hear EVERY SINGLE THING the people in the room beside me said and did, including blowing their noses and turning on the faucet. I was given an adjoining room (not at my request) and there was a full gap of one centimeter under the connecting doorway. My neighbors weren’t excessively noisy, there was just no insulation between our rooms. Consequently, I felt I couldn’t turn on the TV or even watch a show on my iPad out of respect for them.

Second, this hotel is poorly maintained. See my photos of mold and stains on the bathroom ceilings, damaged floors and ancient technology in the room. I’m pretty sure “no mold” is a criteria for a four-star hotel. The AC was shockingly noisy and for some reason the light switch BUZZES loudly when you turn it on or off - this can also be heard in adjacent rooms! Why?!? Why would a light switch buzz?!?!

Third, breakfast. I went for breakfast at 9:00 and found mostly empty dishes. No juice, no pastries, no bread by the toaster, empty bottles of drinking water, etc. It was eventually replenished (except the toast). The “American coffee” was worse than in my office back home, and my table didn’t have the sign offering a cappuccino or espresso so I didn’t know those options were available until I’d finished. I found three unclean dishes amongst the “clean” ones (two plates and a coffee cup). Overall, it was just sad and icky.

There was one nice thing about the hotel, and that was the younger guy working at reception when I checked out. He was friendly, polite and helpful.

(Actually, there was one other good thing. In addition to shampoo and body wash, Hotel Concord gives guests special soap for their genitalia. Woo-hoo!)

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank ComoCarla19
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Apart from being extremely convenient for the main railway station (we had a day out to Susa and it was very easy), plus our continued travel to Genoa, this hotel was very nice - clean, modern, etc

The breakfast (which is included) was excellent with a wide choice of warm and cold dishes plus fruit etc - you would be hard pushed to find fault with it.

There is little I could find to complain about - Oh we walked passed the place twice as it is not easy to see the name of the hotel which is only on the canopy over the door and we couldn't see it from the pavement.

Staff at reception were very helpful and friendly and spoke perfect English.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank typicalcustomer
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

This was our second stay at this hotel which has been modernised since our last stay 2years ago. Located only minutes from the central station and from the airport shuttle bus. Clean, spacious, modern, helpful and attentive staff and great breakfasts. Centrally located in the city with access to shopping and cultural venues. Highly recommend a stay and definitely worth its 4 star rating

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple