Hotel Royal Torino
US$118
US$105
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Te hotel is good but the room is a little small, average cleaning, breakfast not at the level of a 4 star hotel, no gym, friendly people at desk and for breakfast,
we did not expect anything special, just a little more space in the rooms and a little gym.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 12 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Booked cheapy on web as passing through. We were in high season so suspect everyone else had left the city for the beach! Ended up in a 2 room apartment behind a 'secret' privado door. Our room and son's room was glam and very comfortable - may be a special apartment for 'special' people! Not sure about other rooms. Had breakfast included and that was interesting! Staff vaguely acknowledged us, OK but a bit ravaged. Asked for more scrambled eggs as run out and looked like they'd been reheated - rubbery, peppery and tepid - gross. Two incredible friendly and helpful woman staff members on recepetion.

Room Tip: ask for the 'secret rooms' behind the 'privado' door!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Stayed in this hotel on 3 occasions. My first night there was in 2012. I got a recently renovated room and had a very pleasant experience overall back then. I did not hesitate to chose this hotel again for 2 (non-consequtive) nights in JUN 2013, also taking into account the best rate which they quoted out of all Accor group hotels in Turin. I do not have any problems with location as my friend is always picking me up when I am in the city. And by no means it is a dangerous place as others stated below - it's just not a (tourist) center of the city and the surroundings are rather a dull-looking residential area.
My second experience with the hotel was not as satisfying as before. Both times I had to ask to change the room. On the 1st night it was because of the stale smell of tobacco. The room I got instead had a broken A/C - I didn't ask for a new room again only because it was not very hot outside and I could live without an A/C that night. On the 2nd night I had to change the room because of an unbearably noisy A/C (which also did't seem to provide any fresh air). The replacement room had the funniest loo I've ever seen: it was so cramped that I had to be creative and flexible to use it.
And only then you start to notice 'other things' in this hotel: that it's public areas are indeed dated and run-down, the wi-fi (free) could be faster, the rooms could be kept a little bit better, etc.
Contrary to other opinions, the breakfast was OK - a standard selection of food for a hotel of this level plus one of the best croissants I've tasted in a while.
To conclude - the hotel should indeed shed 1 star to conform to reality and then they would be OK - not being outpriced by any means. But you get what you pay for and as for me, I will chose another (newer) hotel next time when I am in Turin even if it costs a bit more - just to be sure my comfort is not at stake.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2013

i was there last December 2012,and my first impression with this hotel is looks like old one,need renovation so bad..and there was a lift that cannot open while there's people there,luckily its not my lift but other lift.and there's no porter..!! so when i entered the room,the room so dark,not clean,the bed are not comfortable..and the poorest part is the bathroom,the toilet can move from base when we sit on that,so you know,i cant use that that night,luckily i stay just one night..that was my terriblest hotel that i booked! so better not stay in there!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple