“Better really than average but no "Good" rating available.”
Review of Novotel Torino

Novotel Torino
Ranked #45 of 130 Hotels in Turin
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed here at the start of the holidays and the end, on both occasions the staff were exceptionally friendly and the Reception staff , barman/waiter and Restaurant manager all spoke good English which helped as our Italian is very rudimentary.
We arrived before check in and on both occasions a room was available for us . Yes the room was basic with dreary furnishings and strange art, but the room could sleep 4, so ideal for our friends with 2 children and made it very budget conscious. The beds were firm and we slept well on both nights. The bathroom is a reasonable size with a bath and over head shower, bidet and toilet. We had a problem with the plugs in both room but that was overcome and for one night was not going to be a big issue .Yes the room air conditioning was not working but the staff explained it was not turned on yet. They quickly sent someone to unlock the windows for us, so problem solved and I suspect Italy was enjoying a bit of a spring heat wave.
Reception explained how we could use the trams to get to town, where to buy tickets and where to go once in town. We ate well at lunch time so we decided to forgo dinner but by 10.10 both of us felt peckish, fortunately the restaurant does not close until 10.30 so again problem solved. The food is a little expensive but very well cooked and prepared with care not some freezer to fryer affair. The bar area is modern and pleasant and drinks come with snacks so the 4 euro's for a small beer is a little more palatable. It is a popular hotel with coach parties so make sure you time going into the restaurant to avoid them if you need speedy service.They were all having a set meal and it looked lovely as it came out and seemed to be appreciated and the staff saw to it that they were served altogether as quickly as it was possible.
Car parking seems expensive in the gated car park at 10 euro's for 24hrs but there is a small free car park next to the hotel and plenty of road parking in front of the hotel.
For the price and the convenience of easy travel to the airport this was good value. I am not sure it is 4 star quality but Breakfast was included in the price and good with a wide choice on the buffet . My only reason for not giving it a "very good " for its type, was that the grounds look a little neglected and overgrown around the pool [however I suspect that may change when it is the allotted time to switch the air conditioning on, as Summer officially arrives] and the thin small bath towels which although clean could do with replacing. Yes we would stay here again for the convenience and the lovely staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
RF40, General Manager at Novotel Torino, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear guest,

My team and I are really grateful for your kind words of appreciation, which encourage us to keep up our efforts, ensuring the service we provide always meets your expectations.

Giuseppe Avignone

Write a ReviewReviews (1,182)

Reviewed 9 April 2014

If you're looking for a comfortable hotel with friendly atmosphere and good facilities, don't stay here.

Where do I start: room air conditioning not working, rock hard bed, shower temperature changes of its own accord, rude couldn't care less staff, aged decor in rooms.

Only plus point - the restaurant food was ok.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,

We regret the standards of service fell short of your expectations and we ask you to accept our most sincere apologies.

We would like to reassure you we have already put in place the necessary measures to guarantee that the standard meets your expectations. We are ready to welcoming you again upon your next stay, trying then to regain your confidence.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
RF40, General Manager at Novotel Torino, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I was fearing the worst in the light of the comments read on Trip Advisor. However, I was very pleasantly surprised by the Novotel Corso Giulio Cesare. The Novotel standards were there even if the quality of the bedding could be improved. We arrived at 10.30pm on a Friday night and received a very warm welcome from the on-duty Receptionist. The room, for 4 people, was very well laid out. Yes, the bath tub had seen better days but we enjoyed the bamboo flooring in the bathroom. The range of breakfast food was wide enough to please most "sensible" people and the waiting staff was very pleasant and helpful (despite a slight language barrier). There were Xbox and Kinect games available in the children's corner in the lobby and the standards of cleanliness were good. We paid under 100 euros for a room for 4 people, including breakfast, which cannot be argued with. Yes, if it is your first stay in Turin, the hotel is far from the town centre (20 minutes by tram) but it is perfect for the Tangenziale (ring road) which will give you access to the Veneria Reale (sadly closed in winter), Ivrea, Asti or Alba. We will not hesitate in staying at the Novotel Corso Giulio Cesare again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your experience following your stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed at the Novotel Turin for one week on business. I left my room one afternoon, making sure to leave the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door since I did not want housekeeping service. I returned later in the evening to find that my room had been entered, and my MacBook Pro Computer, as well as my Apple IPad 3, had both been removed from my suitcases and stolen. The thief(s) had also rummaged through all of my other personal belongings.

The in-room safes in this hotel are unusually small, not large enough for laptop computers or most other electronics to fit inside. Although there are cameras located in the hotel lobby and the parking lot, there are no cameras on the guest floors, in the elevators or stairwells, or at the entrances or exits that the staff use. I found the "24 hour surveillance" signs that are posted in the lobby to be rudely offensive, as it's obvious that even on the most basic levee, "surveillance" or security of any kind is non existant at this hotel property.

To put it plainly : Someone was able to easily obtain key cards or a master key card for my room. They felt comfortable enough too take as much time as they pleased to enter my room, search through all of my belongings, remove a computer and an iPad from my luggage, and then move around the hotel with those stolen items completely undetected. After contacting the Police and retrieving the security tapes, there were no signs of anyone with stolen goods entering or exiting the hotel, which is not surprising to me in the slightest.

The police were fully involved and the hotel was relatively cooperative (although their cooperativeness was most likely due to police pressure). I was upset to learn that the room cleaning staff at this hotel is contracted out to a 3rd party company, so the people cleaning the room are effectively not employed by the hotel. It's a sure way for the hotel managers to cut costs, but also a sure way to not even know the names or any details about who the people are that are working in your hotel and entering the guest rooms.

I will give credit to the hotel as they did (after I filed a police report) file an insurance claim on my behalf, and their insurance covered me for some of my expenses (I was reimbursed for devalued cost of the goods). So, about 10 weeks later I received some money from the insurance company which covered some of the cost of replacement, but certainly not all of it. Although it did not make up for the fact that my room was robbed, I did appreciate this minimal gesture.

In my experience, the general operational practices and procedures that this hotel has chosen to undertake are unacceptable, dangerous, disrespectful, and display a disregard for guest safety and the security of their guest's personal property by the highest levels of the hotel management.

There are many other hotels in Turin that are in much better locations, have better prices, and that put a priority on the safety of their guests. The Novotel Torino may look nice on the outside and have a reasonable price, but by booking a room here, you are putting yourself, your personal belongings, and your personal information in danger.

Do yourself a favour and stay somewhere else!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank GTTM
RF40, Manager at Novotel Torino, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience by responding to our survey.

Yours sincerely,

Giuseppe Avignone I General Manager I Novotel Torino I Corso Giulio Cesare 338/34 I 10154 Torino |
( +39 (0) 11 260 1211 |) +39 (0)11 20 0574 | * H3306-GM@accor.com I

novotel.com l accorhotels.com l

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We booked this Hotel spontaneously one day in Advance. The prices was very attractive for such a room and we were very pleased with it. The location is close (200m) to the next Tram station which directly brings you downtown without changing. We didn't find a pay machine for the Tram and thought we pay inside, however we couldn't see any ticket machine. As lucky as we are an officer asked us for Tickets...we explained our issue and were very friendly instructed that there is indeed a small, red ticket machine in the Tram. But it only accepts 2.50 EUR in correct coins. He showed and explained and sold us 2 tickets without penalty - this is italian customer service at its Best. Back to the Hotel - after returning later that night we looked forward to the next days breakfast. We tried the cheap a the Bar Breakfast for 7 EUR pP - 4 Micro Croissants, a cup of Orange Juice and a coffee. Such a breakfast is inacceptable and thanks to the friendly Barista we got some more cake which he organized from the regular buffet. All in all a great location with a minor Bar Breakfast, but thanks to Italian Charme we were more than pleased with our one night stay in Torino.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
RF40, Direttore at Novotel Torino, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Slept here for one night on the way back to France from Florence, Italy. The hotel is on the outskirts of the city -- we arrived late & the gentleman at the desk got us into our room quickly. Classic buffet breakfast. Nothing special -- the hotel was fine, but nothing to write home about. It works as a safe, clean place to sleep and get a decent breakfast. The beds were not particularly comfortable -- very firm mattress. Note that the pool is an outdoor pool, so if you are hoping to have your kids swim in it, come during the summer months. There is an xbox in the lobby, and the kids liked that.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family