“Average business hotel in Turin”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Novotel Torino

Novotel Torino
Ranked #47 of 128 Hotels in Turin
Holland
“Average business hotel in Turin”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I am surprised about the differences in quality between the Novotels in Europe. I stayed in a good one in Lyon, while this was of a different class.
The room was very 'plastic' and reception, restaurant and bar area extremely basic. Although it is not too far from the centre, there is more than enough parking space around the hotel That is probably the reason why the paid car park of the hotel is hardly used.
The hotel is fine to sleep, but do not expect anything else.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
RF40, General Manager at Novotel Torino, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear guest,

We regret the standards of service fell short of your expectations and we ask you to accept our most sincere apologies.

We would like to reassure you we have already put in place the necessary measures to guarantee that the standard meets your expectations. We are ready to welcoming you again upon your next stay, trying then to regain your confidence.

Giuseppe Avignone-General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Baraboo, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here for two nights in the middle of May.

It could be that the hotel is just not ready to work at full cylinders because I don't think this hotel is too busy outside big events in the city (there was UEFA Europa League final at that time).

The guarantee deposit I left at the reception was 280 euros. When I entered my room I've discovered there is only one water, one chocolate bar and one beer in the fridge. Oh yeah you can always order food and drinks from the restaurant of course, but not until 6:30 when the restaurant is open again.(checked in at 2). So, speaking about the amount of guarantee money - they probably are afraid of their clients who steal the tv sets, although reading the other post I think they should concentrate on ensuring nothing will be stolen from their guests room.

The breakfast on both days was the worst breakfast I've experienced in any hotel (even 2 stars). I was disappointment to discover the scrambled eggs are gone on the 1st day (with 30 min left before the official ending of breakfast time), however on the 2nd day I've realized it was not the worst thing. The eggs were there, but completely cold. And with the ketchup I've already put on it the taste was "absolutely fantastic', so no matter how hungry I was, I simply couldn't eat it. The cheese was gone on the 2nd day, but there was a yogurt (which was gone on the 1st day), To be fair enough I need to mention the cheese was there on the 1st day. (I wonder is there another 4-stars hotel where you gamble whether or not there will be cheese in the morning. Maybe it's a hotel policy? Start your day playing our cheese roulette. Guess if any cheese still left. The winner gets or doesn't get cheese of course)

The air conditioning is still not working, but this you know from reading previous posts. In this respect I have a question to the hotel manager - do you really do something in order to fix the issue or your job is just to reply on the negative posts on tripadvisor?

Next, I've left the room at 12:10 PM and left a sign "please clean". Returned at 1:40 AM. Nothing was cleaned. But I should be happy of course, because the other tripadvisor user after the service had his new towel, but was missing his laptop and IPAD. it's alright, I can use the same towel again.

The staff were fine though and the bed is fine too as I did sleep well. The location is average of course, but this was a fact before the hotel was booked, so can't complain. So I was thinking of the 'average' rating. But still decided to go for poor. Because all the things described above are very basic and could be easily fixed. But they also are the most important ones. You know the other hotels won't screw on this. So if you screw on this, the impression is poor, no matter how good the other service was (it was not in Novotel anyway).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank jason k
RF40, General Manager at Novotel Torino, responded to this review, 13 July 2014

Giuseppe Avignone-General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Turin hotels

colchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed here at the start of the holidays and the end, on both occasions the staff were exceptionally friendly and the Reception staff , barman/waiter and Restaurant manager all spoke good English which helped as our Italian is very rudimentary.
We arrived before check in and on both occasions a room was available for us . Yes the room was basic with dreary furnishings and strange art, but the room could sleep 4, so ideal for our friends with 2 children and made it very budget conscious. The beds were firm and we slept well on both nights. The bathroom is a reasonable size with a bath and over head shower, bidet and toilet. We had a problem with the plugs in both room but that was overcome and for one night was not going to be a big issue .Yes the room air conditioning was not working but the staff explained it was not turned on yet. They quickly sent someone to unlock the windows for us, so problem solved and I suspect Italy was enjoying a bit of a spring heat wave.
Reception explained how we could use the trams to get to town, where to buy tickets and where to go once in town. We ate well at lunch time so we decided to forgo dinner but by 10.10 both of us felt peckish, fortunately the restaurant does not close until 10.30 so again problem solved. The food is a little expensive but very well cooked and prepared with care not some freezer to fryer affair. The bar area is modern and pleasant and drinks come with snacks so the 4 euro's for a small beer is a little more palatable. It is a popular hotel with coach parties so make sure you time going into the restaurant to avoid them if you need speedy service.They were all having a set meal and it looked lovely as it came out and seemed to be appreciated and the staff saw to it that they were served altogether as quickly as it was possible.
Car parking seems expensive in the gated car park at 10 euro's for 24hrs but there is a small free car park next to the hotel and plenty of road parking in front of the hotel.
For the price and the convenience of easy travel to the airport this was good value. I am not sure it is 4 star quality but Breakfast was included in the price and good with a wide choice on the buffet . My only reason for not giving it a "very good " for its type, was that the grounds look a little neglected and overgrown around the pool [however I suspect that may change when it is the allotted time to switch the air conditioning on, as Summer officially arrives] and the thin small bath towels which although clean could do with replacing. Yes we would stay here again for the convenience and the lovely staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
RF40, General Manager at Novotel Torino, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear guest,

My team and I are really grateful for your kind words of appreciation, which encourage us to keep up our efforts, ensuring the service we provide always meets your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at one of the Novotel hotels.

Windsor, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for a comfortable hotel with friendly atmosphere and good facilities, don't stay here.

Where do I start: room air conditioning not working, rock hard bed, shower temperature changes of its own accord, rude couldn't care less staff, aged decor in rooms.

Only plus point - the restaurant food was ok.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
RF40, General Manager at Novotel Torino, responded to this review, 8 May 2014

Grenoble, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I was fearing the worst in the light of the comments read on Trip Advisor. However, I was very pleasantly surprised by the Novotel Corso Giulio Cesare. The Novotel standards were there even if the quality of the bedding could be improved. We arrived at 10.30pm on a Friday night and received a very warm welcome from the on-duty Receptionist. The room, for 4 people, was very well laid out. Yes, the bath tub had seen better days but we enjoyed the bamboo flooring in the bathroom. The range of breakfast food was wide enough to please most "sensible" people and the waiting staff was very pleasant and helpful (despite a slight language barrier). There were Xbox and Kinect games available in the children's corner in the lobby and the standards of cleanliness were good. We paid under 100 euros for a room for 4 people, including breakfast, which cannot be argued with. Yes, if it is your first stay in Turin, the hotel is far from the town centre (20 minutes by tram) but it is perfect for the Tangenziale (ring road) which will give you access to the Veneria Reale (sadly closed in winter), Ivrea, Asti or Alba. We will not hesitate in staying at the Novotel Corso Giulio Cesare again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
RF40, General Manager at Novotel Torino, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your experience following your stay at our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at one of the Novotel hotels.