“Good hotel, not top-notch” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel dei Pittori

Hotel dei Pittori
Ranked #29 of 128 Hotels in Turin
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good hotel, not top-notch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

This is a good hotel, but given the price and the four stars I would have expected slightly more.

When making the reservation by phone (and after spelling all my details) I was told I also needed to sned an e-mail, even though I said that was difficult goven that I was travelling). Arrival and reception were good, all people were very helpful and nice. Also great that we could park the car outside for free.

The room was nice but quite dark, with only 3 small windows. The room was right above the bar, but we were told that all noise would end by 10pm. One night when I didn't stop I asked them to reduce the noise by 11:30pm. The did this immediatelly. I would have expected that me asking would not be needed though.

Overall, decent hotel, with some minor flaws

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

During a visit home to the French Alps, I took the advice of some friends and decided to embark on an 2 day excursion through the Mont Blanc Tunnel to Torino, some 250km Southeast. Not realising it was the week of a major international sporting event, I was lucky to find this delightfully family run 4 star hotel, conveniently situated in the historic quarter of the city on Booking.com.

I was warmly received on arrival, with both the restaurant manager and receptionist going out of their way (in superb English) to ensure all my queries were answered and that I felt truly settled in a very short space of time. My room was well appointed, with excellent aircon, an extremely comfortable bed and very beautiful decor and soft furnishings. The ensuite was a fair size and my only criticism would be that the plastic-shower pod seemed a little out of place with the high standard of decoration in the room itself and hotel in general. The shower was also a little pokey once inside and I thought (If plumbing provision allowed) and more substantial shower cubicle would better befit the room.

Staying only one night, and with the restaurant manager being so friendly, I opted to dine in the hotel's very own restaurant. The evening kicked off perfectly with an excellent in-house cocktail creation and the remainder of the night went from strength to strength. I followed the recommendations, both of food and wine, of the manager, and I couldn't have been happier with his suggestions. Full to the brim, this weary traveller retired to that inviting bed, fought off the pillows and cushions waking up fully refreshed prepared for another day of extreme tourism. With breakfast included in the very affordable price for the night (EUR80-00 approx), I found myself suitably impressed by both the continental and cooked options available. I checked out, but as not intending to leave the city until a few hours later, the hotel were kind enough to allow me to leave my car in one of their allocated on-road parking spaces - although that said, adjacent metered spaces are not extortionate. The main square is but a 15mins brisk walk away and this is where the vast majority of city-tours base themselves out of as well as numerous cafes, bars and city attractions and sights.

All in all, and outstanding stay, a real find that I am pleased to share with all those that read.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Dig-Dawg
Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed there 2 nights:
- location: easy to find, on a large avenue (not very friendly/typical) but only 5-10 minutes walk from the Mole and via Pô.
- free parking in front of the hotel (to be booked at reservation (I added the reservation in the comment box of the booking.com reservation form)
- design 4* boutique hotel in an old house
- helpful staff
- large rooms very well decorated with ensuite bathroom
- Good large bedding
- free wifi (however not very stable)
- very good extensive breakfast included partly buffet and partly à la carte (fresh juice, cheese+ham etc, eggs, fresh fruits salad + pastries etc...)
- 125 euros/night for 2 people with Bfast on booking.com (weekend tariff) => great value

I would definitively go back to this hotel next time.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

Excellent service and assistance way beyond expectations made our stay a memorable experience. The attention and care as that is supplied to guests is also shown in their approach to the quality of the hotel. The restaurant is excellent both for dinner as well as breakfast. The hotel does have roads on all sides, it must be the smallest block in Turin, but almost all noise is dissipated by the double glazing.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Grono, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

My wife and I badly needed a relaxing break after the pressures of Christmas. We found it at this family run hotel very recently renovated to a high standard and just a short walk from the most important attractions of this handsome city.
Since the hotel is on the important Corso Regina Margherita, there is some traffic noise through the night, but the double glazing and good insulation take care 90% of that.
Our room was very comfortable: flowers, chocolates and a bottle of iced Prosecco were waiting for us, and the shower was equipped with a steam function, a nice touch when one has been walking all day.
Breakfast was ordered the night before and was more than adequate.
We had planned to eat in the hotel restaurant our first night, and then to sample other recommendations in the area. However, our first meal convinced us to eat at the hotel every evening, and we were not disappointed. The young chef uses local produce and offers traditional Piemontese dishes with a modern interpretation. We were a little surprised to find that the bagna caöda, a famous Piemontese speciality which we sometimes have at home had been reinterpreted following the recipe of H. B, a rather famous experimental British chef. It was delicious!
What, above all, made our visit memorable was the welcome and friendliness we received from the staff at 'Dei Pittori'. We have told all our family to come here, and we plan to return asap to visit those sights of Turin which we didn't have time for on this trip.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple