“Fantastic food and service.” 5 of 5 bubbles

I Tartufi Bistrot
Ranked #54 of 3,554 Restaurants in Turin
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stumbled across this place whilst wandering around Turin one evening. We saw a blackboard full of Italian that we couldn't understand but thought we should just sit down and go for it! An elderly gentleman seated at a nearby table stopped us in our tracks and announced that this restaurant was "the best in the world!".

After a brief chat we had established that he was the owner, and after eating we are inclined to say he was not wrong. He sat us down and talked us through the entire menu! Such friendly and courteous service! It was only then that we realised this was a truffle restaurant (our Italian was barely non-existent at the time) and I was even taken over to smell the fresh truffles. Unfortunately, we were about a week or two too early for white truffles, but the black truffles were still to die for.

There are plenty of options if truffles aren't your thing, I had a beautifully simply veal sausage risotto for my main course and it genuinely was the best risotto I have ever tasted. There is also quite a modern twist to some of the meals, with my starter revolving around a parmesan ice cream - simply delicious, covered in grated truffle. My girlfriend started with sweet roasted peppers and some sort of anchovy purée, also served with buffalo ricotta and bread; followed by a simple truffle risotto.

The wine selection is modest, and consists solely of local 'house' wines if memory recalls. Not a single bottle will set you back more than €20. And one of the cheaper ones was absolutely delightful. A Barbera d'Asti, velvety, full bodied, slight tannin yet so easily drinkable.

If you go to Turin, you must visit this place at least once (and experience Aperitivi once too!). I can't fault it in any way. Two courses, water, wine and coffee: €51. Incredible value for one of the best dining experiences I've ever had.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank James L

Milan, Italy
“If you want to taste real white truffle go in the countryside...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

The idea behind this little restaurant is good....... to serve truffle at a low price. The problems is that you will get a really small portion of truffle..... so there is no point to pay less..... The food is good but with super small portion (I was still hungry when I left the restaurant) and they ruined the tartare with too much lemon that killed the truffles... the owners are nice but really confused while taking orders.... wine list poor.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank usseglio
London, United Kingdom
“Pasta, Perfetto! Service, Perfetto!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Bellissimo! An impromptu trip to Torino and we found this little gem, beautiful food and a good price. The pasta with truffle was fabulous; just how it should be, simple and full of the flavour of the wonderful ingredients. Next time I will have it to start..and for main as well! Thank you to the chef, waiter and owner, who offer such a personal service. We will be back

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Dorie
Siena, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well come novelty in the Torino restaurant scene”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

A trip to Torino must include truffles. Bistrot I Tartufi is a small restaurant centred on this very special ingredient of the piemontese cuisine. Opened only a couple of month ago by a very experienced restaurant owner it offers a small selection of traditional dishes with truffles in all possible ways.

• Visited September 2013