“Must-stop snacks and dinner place in Turin” 5 of 5 bubbles

I Tartufi Bistrot
Ranked #52 of 3,554 Restaurants in Turin
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Must-stop snacks and dinner place in Turin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I read great reviews about this place on TripAdvisor and I am joining the crowd:) I came there to try truffles and got them. I was not too hungry so I got two appetizers at €12 + a house wine at €3.
The place is popular because I could not get a table outside (I came alone which also did not help) and I sat outside and of course there was no AC, like almost everywhere in Italy. Waiters speak Italian, English and Russian. The only thing I did not like about the place is the interior. It suits some sort of tech-savvy cafe in San Fransisco or NYC, but this is not something I expect to see in great old Torino.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Olya_Iv

Den Haag, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
“Recommended!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We were welcomed by a friendly owner. Traditional food form the region and very well prepared. Wine list was somewhat limited, but the qualtiy was good (especially for the price). Nice little restaurant with truffle as specialty (but also many menu options without truffle). On the night that we visited the restaurant there were many tourists (like us), but I am not sure if that is always the case. Small restaurant with a good location. We had dinner at Consorzio restaurant two days later and we slightly preferred Consorzio, but I Tartufi was certainly a good choice.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jean-Paul D
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Day of the Truffles!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

4 of us were in Torino this Easter weekend and our hotel concierge booked this for our Easter Sunday meal. It was absolutely fantastic! We each had a different truffle starter and we were all really impressed (I say the sformatino with tarfufo nero is the best!), main courses were fabulous too and the desserts out of this world. There are great selections for all courses and a truffle tasting menu if you really want to go for it. The waiter and owner were really friendly and the owner explained the dishes to us and also recommended a fantastic bottle of wine for our choices - which was promptly followed by a second bottle! The dearest wine on the menu was only 15 euros which is incredible for that quality. We are all frequent travellers to Italy and agreed that this was one of the best meals we'd ever had. If you are lucky enough to be in Torino, don't miss this gem!

Visited April 2014
4 Thank Joanne N
“Unexpectedly excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Very small restaurant in Torino centre, informal but knowledgeable service and excellent food with generous truffle. Smaller menu and wine list but house wine very enjoyable.

2 Thank Emuscat
Singapore, Singapore
“Totally happy to be truffled out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

We called at the last minute for a group of 19 and they kindly accommodated our group for lunch. The owner was wonderfully friendly and the only English-speaking young waiter was very helpful and patient too! The food was superb and we re-ordered a few dishes, like their beef tartare and artichoke dish, and all of us liked it so much, we asked to return that same night for dinner! Unfortunately, they were fully booked until 10pm but they gladly told us we could return at 10pm if we like, and we did! Highly highly recommended!

• Visited December 2013