“A shabby hotel in a good location”
Review of Bologna Hotel

and 1 more site!
Bologna Hotel
Ranked #64 of 129 Hotels in Turin
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“A shabby hotel in a good location”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I took a single room and it was awefully small. With EUR50, I guess I can't complaint much. The room key (a real key) had a key chain which was almost as big as my palm. The staff just gave me the direction of my room and I had to find it by myself which was not hard considering the small place it was. There was no kettle. The hotel staff said tap water was drinkable but I did not want to take a chance so I bought bottled water from them. There was no iron as well but there was a hair blower. The bed sheet had small burnt holes on it. The room was clean enough for me though. Table lamp and TV did not work and the plugs sometimes went cranky. The window frame was old and broken from outside but the indoor glass window was intact. I could hear the noise from outside. The free wireless internet account was valid for three days only and usage was 6-7 hours. And need to renew the account with the staff after that. The account was only for one log in at one time, it means that I could use it for my mobile if I had already used that account for my laptop. All these could be quite a nuisance. The breakfast was ok with oatmeal and breads. Agreed that it was in a strategic place with Porta Nuovo was just across the street. Beside the hotel was a street with a few good restaurants. One was a kebab restaurant which served delicious kebab and pizza with cheap price. Another one was an interesting restaurant called Ristodesign which gave a unique dining experience. Should try their local beef slices there (forgot what the dish called in Italian). The waitress was so nice that she took time to explain the dishes to me in English. To me I will not go back to this hotel again as there are many more hotels to choose from in this area.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank bird_without_legs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Brighton
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times whilst visiting Turin. It is ideally situated for exploring the city being located opposite Porta Nuova station.
The hotel is clean, offers Italian breakfast as part of the deal & has friendly & effecient staff. I would recommend it for business guests & for those wishing to explore the city & its shops & restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Having booked this online and all other hotels were booked we took a chance. It was great..Even though it was close to the train station it was quiet,large room,clean and in walking distance to all that Turin has to offer..Friendly staff and a good breakfast....

Room Tip: Took that which was offered..cant complain..High ceiings and we were on the top floor..
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Great value. Very good location. Close to the Porta Nova train station and the metro.
Easy access by foot to the center of Turin.
Rooms clean.
Very nice and friendly staff. Staff speaks very good english
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Easy to book direct better than using a website. |Friendly service, quiet room, conveniently close to railway and bus stop for the airport bus, but not noisy. Hotel has been comletely refurbished while I have been using it.

Room Tip: interior rooms are quieter
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank nicholas m
Finland
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Spent here four nights in july with my son. Hotels location was perfect for traintraveller and citycenter. Just few steps to Porta Nuova railwaystation and metro. You can walk to Piazza San Carlo via arcades. Old lady and man at the reception were really kind and helpfull. I would recommend this hotel to everyone who don`t need five star hotel. It is much more better than normal two star hotel, rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious. Breakfast was okay, mayby few slices salami could make it better...

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Taru T
Brazil
Reviewed 4 May 2012

This is what you will find in this hotel. From Porta Nuova station it's just cross the avenue and you are there. The staff is always smilling and trying to do their best even if you wake up at 10 AM and want to have breakfast (my case). The rooms are normal for an old building but the bathrooms, at least at my room, was new and very good. The television was small but I didn't care. The price is very honest, in my opinion. When I come back to Turin I will try to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple