Allegroitalia Golden Palace
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
1,020 results
All reviewsmain buildingan extra eurosbiggest complaintvia romacompared to other hotelsmini barlobby areabed roomnice bathroomstaying at this hotelpleasant hotelegyptian museumenjoyed my staycity breakitalian hotelsshort staylovely city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Hotel has a great location in the city center close to the main streets and great restaurants. The staff are very polite, rooms are clean and have everything, that is described on the web-site. But we have few recommendations and suggestions to the Hotel:
1. add a teapot and tea in the room
2. add more AC sockets in room
3. add body lotion in the bathroom

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I had one of my worst hotel experiences at the Golden Palace. Especially considering that this is supposedly a 5 star hotel.
We arrived at the hotel around 4:30 pm and at check in were told that the rooms were not ready. When asked how long it could take the answer was that it could take 2-4 hours. The receptionist never used the word "sorry". We have never been told the reason of the delay except that there was a big group checking out late.
Later in the night when we came back to check in it took another 30 mins since there was only one receptionist who was utterly rude and did not apologize either. His only comment was " maybe you should talk to the management"
When in the room I wanted to order some food. It was around 11:30 pm. It took me 45 mins until anyone answered the phone. I tried reception, concierge, restaurant and even house keeping.
This hotel is a 2 star hotel the most. There are many other hotels where you can much better service. My suggestion: Avoid at any cost!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Phenompilot
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The hotel is really well located in the centre of Turin. Our check in was a bit confusing, even though I'd tried to prepare ahead. The rooms are small, but it is a city hotel so that's to be expected. Food was a bit of an issue as the options were limited, but by the time I ordered (about 10pm) that is somewhat to be expected. When it came the food was really nice.
The worst bit would be the layout of the hotel. As we were in split over several rooms, for me to pass on a piece of paper or meet someone at their room I at times had to find my way to the lift, change levels, walk to another lift, change levels and then walk the hallways again. This wouldn't be an issue for most but i found the hotel confusing because of this.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The Golden palace is a nice hotel, centrally located but not worth the price. For the price a better choice is the Principe di Piemonte. The staff was a mixed bag, half of the them gave us a superb service. The other half, specially the front desk, had such a bad attitude, I really did not want to even check in. The bar is great as they have both and inside and outside area which are very nice and the spa and gym are clean. The breakfast was not well presented. The Wifi works only some of the time. The rooms were very nice, with all the amenities you would expect. If you want an upper scale hotel in which you get treated poorly, this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jose M
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The location is excellent. I had a deluxe room in the main building which was very nice and comfortable and very clean. The buffet breakfast (included in my price) was excellent, a very extensive range of fresh food. I didn't eat in the hotel but I understand the food is very good. Very pleasant outdoor seating area which is good for a city location.
A problem with the safe was quickly remedied and I thought the reception staff were excellent and very well informed.
A delightful place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends