1,955 results
All reviews top floor excellent location very nice hotel turin shroud within walking distance superior room around the corner quiet location major attractions excellent breakfast business trip comfortable rooms hotel is located main sights old building the heart of the city by foot
Reviewed 9 January 2019

Reaching a standard is one thing, but maintaining & even increasing it over time is the challenge. We never were disappointed in the past years. Always a smile and all requests are answered immediately.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
1  Thank pHa27
Gabriella G, Direttore at NH Torino Santo Stefano, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2019

Dear pHa27,

Thank you very much for the preference shown towards NH Santo Stefano in the past years and for this excellent review.

It makes me proud to read that we always met your expectations, making you feel at home, and answering your requests with a smile.
On behalf of all the team THANK YOU!

Arrivederci for another special NH Experience in our NH Santo Stefano

Gabriella Grimaldi – General Manager

Reviewed 7 January 2019 via mobile

Located just 5 minutes walk from the royal residence, close to restaurants and shops, but in a quiet little street, NH Santo Stefano is a near perfect 4 star hotel.

All the staff were encountered were pleasant - from housekeeping (who did a wonderful job at keeping our room spotless), to the efficient breakfast staff and front office staff. An area for improvement, as another guest has suggested, would be for the front office to give some info on the hotel bar (which looked lovely and could possibly benefit from a happy hour too) and the hotel restaurant.

Breakfast itself was fantastic - a well laid out and generous spread of hot food (sausage, mushrooms, bacon and a variety of eggs), cold cuts, an impressive array of fresh juices, cheeses, yogurts, fresh breads and pastries, spreads, fruit and (my favorite) a make your own muesli station which had some of our often missed staples from home - linseed, pepitas, pumpkin seeds and goji berries. There were also specific items for coeliacs and vegetarians. Breakfast is offered until 1030am Mon-Sat, and til noon on Sunday.

We stayed in an XL room on the 4th floor - the size of the room was fantastic, with a walk in closet and a small sitting area with two armchairs. The bed was oversize and I think two king singles pushed together, but with a thick overlay so you couldn't really tell it was two beds pushed together. There was a coffee pod machine in the room and a complimentary bottle of water each day.

Whilst the bathroom was spacious, it would benefit from a different layout. Specifically, the heated towel rack is situated above the bidet (not an issue for us as we don't use it, but still don't fancy the thought) and should be moved to a different wall. Secondly, the bath was nice and depth however the rain shower seemed to be added as an afterthought and was positioned poorly, right above a handrail, soap holder and the tap and separate spray head for the bath. Add the extra long shower curtain in the mix and you've got alot going on in a small space, making it awkward to maneuver whilst showering.
Lastly, there was no hair conditioner or body cream provided in the bathroom, which I would expect for a 4 star hotel to have readily available, to really pre-empt the needs of the guest.
All said, the above comments didn't really impact our stay but would have assisted in it being a flawless experience.
Absolutely recommend this hotel to others.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank stormborne
Gabriella G, Direttore at NH Torino Santo Stefano, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2019

Dear stormborne,

First of all thank you for choosing NH Santo Stefano and sharing your Experience.

We are happy to hear that you had a memorable Experience with us.
We appreciate your wonderful comments on the cleanliness and décor of the Hotel, on service and on our team... THANK YOU!!

The AntiOx Breakfast Buffet is a must to try! Nothing is better than starting the day with a big range of delicious products!

We really hope to see you again. The next time we will do our best to satisfy your needs even more.

Thank you again for your comment and arrivederci!!!

Reviewed 7 January 2019

I was on my way to Torino and looked availability online.

I saw that this hotel had availability and drove to the hotel without booking a room.

When I arrived, I spoke with a receptionist that spoke very good English.

I asked if there were rooms in high floors with a nice view.

She mentioned that the 4th and 5th were booked but that there was a suite on the 6th

I was not expecting to book a suite as I do not need it for myself only but as she mentioned that it had a view I asked for the price.

It was quite high. I asked if she could do something on the rate as I work in a hotel as well.

She asked permission to a colleague and they offered me a rate that I agreed.

I prepaid 2 nights and went parking my car.

When I came back I was given a key to a suite on the first floor.

I said to the receptionist that I agreed to pay for a suite because of the view. I did not need a suite. I asked to change to a smaller room.

She quoted me a price for a room and I had the feeling that the price was higher than the one that I saw online on my way to the hotel.

I double checked and in fact they had less expensive rooms.

I asked her why she did not offer me a lower price.

She said “because you asked for a view and this is the category with a view”

I said that if the room more expensive had a view I was willing to pay for it. She than said that it had no view…

I felt that I was being cheated and asked the refund of the money I had pay for the suite and left the hotel.

I am not saying that the person who welcomed me is not honest but I felt misled.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Gabriella G, Direttore at NH Torino Santo Stefano, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2019

Dear Traveller2019Europ,

I'm afraid there may have been a misunderstanding at check-in, as our NH Santo Stefano has only five floors and, as it's located in the city center, we do not have rooms with special views, if not on the roofs of the buildings next to ours.
I strongly regret that you did not look at the rooms offered and decided to stay with, trying all the services that we offer, as our rich buffet breakfast with live show cooking every morning.

I hope that there will soon be a chance to host you in our hotel: we will do our best to satisfy your needs.

Best regards

Reviewed 15 December 2018

We spent a weekend in this excellently located hotel and whilst we enjoyed our stay we did feel the hotel let itself down on a few things. We had slight problems both checking in and checking out. I couldn’t say whether this was due to admin errors at the hotel or poor staff training.
We booked a superior room and we were given one on the third floor. I’m glad we did as the room was a good size with 1 arm chair and a padded bench at the end of the bed. What let the room down was a few basic things.
- When we arrived was a lack of shower gel in the bathroom and milk in the drinks tray. This is just basic housekeeping.
- There was also no hotel or city information available in the room.
- Your door card was provided with a poorly photocopied piece of paper which told you breakfast hours and the Wi-Fi code but most of it covered data protection laws. This doesn’t It didn’t feel 4 stars
Breakfast was excellent with a very good buffet selection with expresso/.cappuccino/hot chocolate made to order (at no extra charge). In the evening the same room doubles up as a restaurant (website advertised its open Mon-Friday) but you wouldn’t know. No opening hours visible anywhere nor menus displayed.
The Bar suffers similarly. We knew it was open when other people were drinking there but when we popped in several times during our stay looking for refreshment there were no signs of anybody nor a simple sign explain opening hours or what to do if no staff were in attendance.
In summary the hotel is in a great place and you get four star amenities but not four star service

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gabriella G, Direttore at NH Torino Santo Stefano, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2018

Dear cltboy,

First and foremost, we would like take this opportunity to thank you for the trust you have placed in our “NH Santo Stefano” and for have sent us your comments.

We always aim to provide the best service possible in order for our guests to leave our properties with a high level of satisfaction.

We thank you once again for the time you took to transmit us your feedback, which is definitely appreciated and will help us to improve the service offered in our Hotel.

We remain at your entire disposal

Reviewed 14 December 2018 via mobile

Amazing experience at the NH Torino Santo Stefano. We were serviced by Eleonora who was truly amazing. Eleonora was very kind and giving, presenting us with a complementary appetiser, a variety of breads and a special christmas desert. She also provided us with top activities for us to discover during our stay. It was a truly wonderful night topped off with great food. We ordered the steak and burger which both tasted awesome!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 306kadyj

Dear 306kadyj,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel during your stay in Torino and for sharing your experience.

I'm glad to read that you enjoyed the service offered by Eleonora: thank you for mentioning her kindness!

We look forward to your next stay, arrivederci!