I stayed here for one night at the weekend. The hotel is located directly opposite Porta Nuova railway station, close to the Sadem airport shuttle bus stop and to one of the hop on City Sightseeing bus stops. I arrived at just after 10 in the morning and a friendly, English speaking, receptionist ensured that my room was ready for me within twenty minutes. He also provided me with three different wi-fi passwords for my separate devices. The room itself was very clean. It was not huge but was comfortably spacious. I loved the windows that opened on to the bustling street below. I had them open all night, as I like fresh air. It was a little noisy with the sound of people enjoying a Saturday night but I enjoyed hearing this sound of the city. There was little traffic noise. Some reviewers have mentioned that they were concerned about the type of person they saw hanging around on the street outside the hotel. I saw interesting and diverse groups of people, as one would expect near a city railway station. I am a sole female traveller and felt perfectly safe.
I chose not to have breakfast. As I was so exhausted in the evening, I ordered room service for my evening meal. It wasn't wonderful but it was good value and the menu had explained that the pasta sauce was frozen. I knew the hotel did not have a restaurant and could easily have found good food nearby had I not felt so lazy.
The bed was very comfortable, there was a great selection of toiletries and the hotel's main staircase is beautiful. The hotel stored my case for me after checkout where I again, received a friendly service. I would stay here again. My only problem was that I could not get the air-con to work but I did not bother to contact reception about this so it is possible that there was a simple solution to this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel offers 60 rooms and 7 suites, providing all the four star comforts. Built in 1800, it is in the heart of the art and culture scene, just a few steps from the city centre and conveniently close to the major congress centres and train station, all of which make it an ideal destination for leisure and business travellers. All rooms are equipped with WiFi internet, LCD TV, SKY satellite TV, kettle, bathroom telephone and parquet floors in standard rooms. The hotel also features an American bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN Crystal Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Torino Crystal Palace Hotel Turin
- Mercure Hotel Turin
- Torino Crystal Palace Mercure