“Don't stay here!”

Ranked #114 of 130 Hotels in Turin
São Paulo
“Don't stay here!”
Reviewed 6 April 2009

It is a hotel that looks like a hostel. Besides, something terrible happened when I stayed at the Campidoglio Hotel. The thing is: the hotel has no one in the front desk from 11pm to 8am. I had to check out at 6:30am to catch a train that would leave at 7:30am. As recommended by the front desk girl, I left the key of my room in the front desk, before leaving the hotel. In the next day, I was in Nice, France, when the manager of the hotel (Mr. Primo) called me, telling me that the lcd tv that was in the room I've stayed has disappeared. He was really rude to me, and told me that if i didn't pay for the television he would go to the police. I got really nervous, explained him that I had nothing to do with it, since I just did what the hotel staff told me to do, that someone may have entered my room after I left the hotel and stole the tv etc. etc. I cried a lot that day, and it ruined one of my days in Nice. Afterall, as he was pushing me so hard, I decided to pay for the television insurance, to avoid trouble with the italian police. It costed me 200 euros. Today, I dont know if I would do it, cause it was so, so, so, unfair! Anyway, here is my advice: do not saty in this hotel!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
10 Thank Clarissa-MM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
USA
Reviewed 22 October 2008

I went for the cheapest room possible (the Mansarda room). It was a mistake. The room was rundown and the floor was dirty enough that I didn't want to put anything on it. Also, the room reeked so much of cigarette smoke that I slept with the roof window and the hallway door open, the fan running on high all night., and couldn't use the stinky pillow. If you are a non-smoker be sure to request a non-smoking room and avoid the third floor. The person at reception moved me to another room on my second night but I had to pay an extra 12 euro for an upgrade. The new room was clean. Note that Expedia does not give you the option to choose a non-smoking room.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and most spoke English well which was a help with my limited Italian.

The breakfast buffet was OK, but everything was pre-packaged and the coffee wasn't very good.

There is one PC in the lounge which is not a non-smoking area. Wireless internet only works on the ground floor, but is a nice extra.

• Liked — the price
  • Disliked — the constant presence of cigarette smoke
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank a_random_traveler

Travellers are raving about these Turin hotels

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reviewed 10 October 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at Hotel Campidoglio on a recent weekend trip to Torino. We found the staff friendly, and the person who helped us check in spoke good English and made us a whole map with all the attractions circled.

We had booked a private room with shared bathroom, but were told they were full and they had moved us to a private room with private bathroom. Not a problem for us! The room was very modern and clean and everything looked nearly new. The TV got satellite channels, but it was all black and white and pretty hard to figure out. We did appreciate the extras like slippers in the room and free bottled water in the mini fridge.

There were lots of options in the included breakfast buffet. There was bread, nutella, jam, crackers, cereal, milk, juice, cheese, meat, and packaged pastries. Nothing really special, but lots of variety that got us through to lunch.

Definitely a good value for the money. Cleaner and nicer than a lot of budget hotels/hostels in Europe.

• Liked — Great value
  • Disliked — Wireless internet only worked on the first floor, not in the rooms
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travelsforchocolate
Manc
Reviewed 23 September 2008

Cheap, rooms large & clean, but poorly situated as a conference hotel (which is how I came to be in Turin), two buses or a tram and a bus to Lingotto, taking approx 1hr. Quiet area of town and down a side street, not all that nice at night. No shops open after 7pm in vicinity.
Breakfast free, only served 8am onwards, which is useless if you're working (see comment as to distance/time above), and considering that it consists of a coffee machine and some pre-packaged pastries there is no need for it to begin so late.
Wifi is free, which is good, but didn't work in my room, so was forced to email/Skype from a smoky, noisy lounge room with only one electric socket between everyone.

• Liked — It was quite cheap
  • Disliked — It felt it!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank lalaManc