“Elegant”

Cuisines: Diner, Mediterranean, Central European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Service was excellent and the food modern and creative. Well sized portions and delectable. The wine list is extensive but not ver expensive. A sommelier there to help match wines. I will now always go to dinner there.

2  Thank di05

Reviewed 31 December 2013

this place recomended by a friend, who is a perfect chef, to try in bolzano. it is a beautiful old building and nice decorated restaurant. i don' t like to say "perfect" for everything but i didn' t detect any fault at the service. i tasted veals head and ox tagliata. they recommend to use some drops of red wine viniger when serving veals head, which is very useful. both are delicious and pefectly served. at the end of the dinner i ordered millefoglie with chestnuts cream and realized that chestnuts cream is not that good. i am sure they already know it and use additional ingredients. result is satisfactory. maybe their prices are a little bit high but it is a good choice to taste local cuise in bolzano.

2  Thank AlparslanT
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I have visited Bozen many times over the years, and it is difficult to find good food. In comparison to the rest of Italy and the surrounding South Tyrol the quality is poor and often overpriced. I was therefore very pleasantly surprised by the Kaiserkron.
Excellent food, creatively prepared and perfect service. In fact one of the best meals I have had in several years. For 50€ a head we had 3 courses and wine.

2  Thank Erik B
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We stopped in Bolzano to stretch our legs in the middle of a long road trip. The food at Zur Kaiserkron was very good. Everything we had was in season and delicious. The potato / leek soup was soul satisfying. My husband had a fresh salad to start with pumpkin in it, that was good, but in our opinion, not worth the 10 Euros. The pasta fresca is of particular note, as was the steak. Both were exceptional.

The lunch, all in, did take close to 1.5 hours, and we only had 2 courses.

Overall, we would recommend this place. Just make sure you have some time on your hands.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We just came back from one of the best meals we have had on our tour of Italy. I had checked TA to find a special place to eat on our last night in Bolzano and many travelers had recommended Kur Kaiserkron. I had made reservations while we were still home and I am glad I did because the place was packed. Our table had a reserved sign on it with our name so they do honor reservations. We ordered the chicken and potato dish that was absolutely delicious. Highly recommend this restaurant for a nice night out. Happy retirees Joanne and Tommy