Parkhotel Laurin
US$199
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
1,173 results
All reviewsbeautiful hotelclassic hotelold world charmbeautiful gardentrain stationold stylelounge barcold cutsbreakfast was amazingcomfort roomroom was largereception staffbit datedbreakfast buffetold schoolcity centreloved this hotel
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was a wonderful hotel in the northeastern Italian town of Bolzano. It is conveniently located near the center of the old town and within easy walking distance, even pulling suitcases, of the train station. The dining room is elegant and the inclusive breakfast was wonderful. We ate dinner in their restaurant one evening, and it was elegant, delicious, and reasonably priced. They have a wonderful bar area where you can have a light meal if you don't feel like a full dinner. Though in the heart of the city, the hotel has a large, beautiful garden with many seating areas where you can relax, read a book, and have a drink brought to you by their friendly wait staff. The entire staff seem anxious to please. A thoroughly enjoyable experience!

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the garden at the rear of the hotel. The rooms on the streetside could possibly be noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

After spending a week in Milan attending a conference, I felt that a couple of days R&R away from big cities before my 25hr return trip to Australia was perfectly justified.
I had only recently read a travel article on the South Tyrolean town of Bolzano, about 3 hours by train from Milan, which sounded like a perfect place to experience the very different scenery & culture of this region of Northern Italy.
TA research & reviews indicated that there were 2 main contenders that appealed to my requirements but the fact that the Park Hotel Laurin was just a 5 min walk from the train station was the main deciding factor, I have to admit. The location, in fact, cannot be faulted if you are walking with luggage from the station.
Traveling alone, I had booked a single room as I felt that I did not need much space when sightseeing was the main focus of my weekend. Reception staff were uniformly courteous & friendly, speaking fluent English but I was informed with apologies that my room was actually not quite ready when I arrived about 10 minutes after the designated check-in time.
After a short wait, however, I was called back to reception & received my key for a room on the 5th floor which, much to my delight, turned out to be a very spacious queen room with a 2-seater couch, coffee table & proper desk. The two dormer windows (this was the top floor) provided marvellous views over the town & nearby hills with a glimpse of the Dolomites in the distance. The bathroom was also large & quite luxurious with extensive marble trim. This was just perfect and a much better room than I had expected. Wi-fi was also included & fast.
A really delightful feature of this traditional property was the large, lush private garden lounge set in the quite extensive private gounds. This was the perfect spot to enjoy a glass or two of Proseco before dinner. The hotel restaurant had already been highly recommended to me by friends who had stayed at another hotel some months earlier so I booked for Saturday dinner. The food was excellent, winelist comprehensive & very reasonably priced and service could not be faulted.
In summary – a very positive experience with all aspects of the hotel & a great place to enjoy the other pleasures of Bolzano.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Pinot47
Reviewed 3 June 2014

What a great hotel! Our room was very large and modern. We had a view of the beautiful garden. We really appreciated the clothesline in the bathroom since we were traveling light and had to wash some clothes. (We trekked to the laundromat but it was filled with mountain men washing tents.) We even had time to use the outdoor pool. It was close to 90 when we were there and, after walking all day, the pool was wonderful. They had a pool house stocked with towels and lots of lounge chairs. It was easy to walk everywhere. We visited Otzi and took the gondola to Oberbolzen. The breakfast was amazing. Freshly-squeezed orange juice, chocolate croissants and excellent cheese. Be sure to take the stairs within the hotel as there are interesting pictures and pieces of antique furniture on each landing.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bonnie H
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here several times and would not stay anywhere else.
Four stars does not do this hotel justice. Top notch service is the base of ParkHotel Lauren.
Located only steps away from the train and the town square. There is much to do when in Bozen but don't forget to schedule time to relax at one of two bars at the hotel. The bartenders know their craft. The food at the restaurant is outstanding. No need to leave to find better. I did this time and was disappointed so much we all said we should have eaten at the hotel.
The only negative is they are light on the number of towels in the room. Other then that, do yourself a favor and stay here.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank RobForch
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hotel seems to be the best accommodation in the city. Amazing localed with its own garden right in the heart of the city it offers guests insight into the history of art where corridors and rooms have their own piece of art with a brief explanation. The view to the mountains is breathtaking. Anything related to hotel service, such as reception, cleaning, room service, infrastructure are great. Bathroom is as big as the room itself! However Internet is an issue at the hotel and needs to be addresses. Seems like it is not reliable, and the signal in the park is weak, almost absent.

Room Tip: Try to choose the room away from the elevator
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business