“Great starting point for visiting Bozen”
Review of Hotel Greif

Hotel Greif
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Bolzano
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I can highly recommend this hotel being a member of designhotels.com. Directly in the pedestrian zone but still quiet. If you come by car, direct access to the garage (and unlike most parking areas which I know the comfort starts already there!). To enjoy the fantastic breakfast (e.g. Delicious zabaione!) you can sit outside on the small roof terrace. The hotel has Stylish bar with a little outside area at the ground floor. And it is perfect that you can use the huge and beautiful garden area with pool and bar of their partner hotel vis-a-vis to have a break from shopping, sight seeing or wine tasting south of Bozen (Tramin area!). I hope I can stay there again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a very very well-run hotel, I truly appreciates the very clean room and all the staffs esp the new , bell-boy, Mr Bablu Imran. As I have never seen him before, I asked him lots of
questions.Which he answered honestly and truly. My favourite Qs is...........What is yr dream ???. This Q tell me alot abt the people. As I am a tea-collector, I have all kinds of tea, from the most expensive to the standard. This hotel never forgets my tea and fruits of the season.I have stayed at 5 to stars hotels around the world. But if I could stay at this hotel
every easter, I will. I love their easter presentations.Their breakfast is to be highly appreciated.
u can choose, how U want yr eggs to be cooked and fresh orange juices. All included in the hotel price. The room, I always stayed in is always neat and clean. I truly think this hotel should be rated 5 stars instead of 4. GOOD SERVICE is a 2 way traffic, All hotel Greif staffs have kind hearts and good service attitudes.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side facing the piazza is wondeful.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I was attracted to the promotion of this hotel with its emphasis on modern design, which I favor. Unfortunately, we found the design poorly conceived; the "space-saver" built-ins inconvenient, and unaesthetic, shoddy labor on the drapery manufacture, The supplies and accessories (pillows, shower curtain, soap, toilet paper etc. were low quality, especially considering the rate for a small room.
Two young women at the check-in desk were very attentive, cheerful, and helpful. Unfortunately their shift ended shortly after our arrival. The replacement was an arrogant imperious clerk. He found our difficulty with an internet connection our doing. Well, we did without the internet for one day out of a beautiful two week trip to Italy. We cut short our stay at Hotel Greif and left the following morning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelGreif_Bolzano, Direttore at Hotel Greif, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Milton F,
thank you for having spent some of your time to review our Hotel Greif.
After its renovation, the Hotel Greif reopened in 2000 as a Designhotel in a very privileged location: facing the main square in the city centre of Bolzano, South Tyrol. Each room has been decorated by a different artist, who expressed each his own concept of art for the room assigned to. Here traditional elements live together with unique pieces of contemporary art. Furnishings are made of Iranian Gabbeh carpets, Wengé wood floors and restored original furniture from the old Hotel Greif, as well as custom-made fabrics and silk curtains. A pillow menu (duck feather, sheep’s wool, millet, spelt, horse hair and headrest pillows) is also available at no extra price. All the bathrooms, instead, have been realised in seven different types of marble and offer high quality Bulgari body care products (shampoo, hair conditioner, shower gel and body lotion), biological toilet paper, bathrobe and bathroom slippers.
We also provide each room with its own Wi-Fi access point, which allows each guest to be wireless connected with all kind of devices. Unfortunately, Italian law impose public structures to offer Internet access under a login. In order to facilitate our guests to login and avoid other people to use our connection, the system simply asks some personal data (name, surname, date of birth).
Our philosophy is contained in two simple words: VERY PERSONAL. Every day we try to do all our best to welcome our guests at home at our Hotel Greif. We always try to be at disposal for every need and requests and we work hard to be extremely helpful, polite and friendly at the same time.
Our guests always appreciate our hotel for the service we offer and for the opportunity they have to experience a breath of South Tyrol with a stay in the city centre of Bolzano. Just another way to get in touch with our region, getting start from the town and going on to the nature landscapes of the surroundings.

We hope we could have the chance to welcome you again and let you experience our service for a second time.

Doris Gotter
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at the Greif twice now, and on both occasions have found the service and staff absolutely faultless. It's a gem of a hotel and a little piece of pure quality. Beautiful setting, lovely comfortable rooms, excellent staff and delicious breakfasts. Can't wait for my next trip!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BristolJT
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I absolutely love this hotel - the location, style, decor, and service are of the highest standard. The motto Very Personal is truly reflected in the attitude and behaviour of all the staff we met. Breakfast is excellent, a great choice with very attentive service. I cannot recommend this hotel more highly, and will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TheBristolJohns
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Hotel Greif was a delicious surprise! From the gracious greeting at the front desk to our gigantic, sublime room (one of 33 beauties) just above the Christmas Kindlemarkets, Hotel Greif is not to be missed. It's tag line of "very personal" is fulfilled in every tiny detail and above all it's at your service attitude. Bolzano was a new experience for me, and I shall definitely return based on the sweet dreams I experienced at Hotel Greif --- get there if you can.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank slksurfer
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Everything about this hotel was true 4 * quality. The rooms are very large (we stayed twice within a weeks time, before and after driving through the Dolomites). The breakfast was extensive and delicious. Everything in the hotel was new and modern. The front desk employees spoke excellent English and were very helpful. They were in the process of upgrading the WIFi system and while it worked fine in our first room it did not get a strong signal in the second room. When we told them of the problem and that it was important that we have computer access that night, they sent someone to the room to install a router to assure we had a strong signal. That's service! The hotel is located around the corner from the main square, a very convenient location and an easy walk from the train station.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple