“Very Nice”

Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Bolzano
Sao Paulo, Brazil
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 27 September 2011

A very nice hotel just in the middle of the old town, near all the attractions, very neat and clean. The personal is helpful and nice. We traveled by train, and reached the hotel after a 10 minutes walk. Our room was good sized and the bathroom was good. No luxus, but everything you need. Breakfast can get expensive if you choose many extras, but is very good.
We will stay here our next time in town.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Brisbane
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We only stayed for one night but found it was a great hotel. Staff were vey helpful advising resturants and places to go. The room was large clean and couldn't be faulted. Nothing exceptional but all you could ask for. In contrast, the dining area had plenty of old world charm and history,The outside area in front of the hotel was a nice place for a quiet drink and snack. We only planned Bolzano as an overnight stop but would go back to spend longer. A friendly interesting town, helpful people,lots of history, good food and drinks. I think this area has a lot to offer.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I had visited Bolzano before and like the place very much. I decided to visit again for a few days at the last minute. As it was June perhaps unsurprisingly the hotels I would have preferred were fully booked, so I settled on the Figl because I knew its position was a good one at the centre of things and because of the good reviews.
I arrived at the hotel a few hours before check in time hoping to drop off my bags, but in fact my room was ready, which was a bonus. Unfortunately the room did not have a view, as it was at the rear of the building, and overlooked and was in close proximity to the wall of an adjacent building. This didn't bother me enough to want to change rooms, as I thought it might be quieter than rooms facing the piazza. The room in other respects was fine, and nicely furnished. I was travelling alone, I think for a couple it might be on the small side although there was plenty of wardrobe space. The bathroom was excellent, although there was no bath and the towels could have been softer and of better quality.
The bedroom was indeed quiet and contrary to other reviews, I didn't find the bed hard at all.
The bar/breakfast area is pleasant and you can sit in the beer garden/terrace with the locals. I'd paid for the buffet breakfast but would probably just have the Italian option if I stayed again, simply because there are many good lunch options in the town.
The staff were consistently friendly and helpful.
There was limited free access to the internet using a computer in the restaurant area.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Newportonian
Fitzwilliam, New Hampshire
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I arrived in Bolzano on the train at 5:30pm and left the next day at 12:30pm, so I had very little time to explore the city. I chose Figl because of the good reviews I read, its relatively close distance to the train station, and its excellent location in the heart of the pedestrian zone. As a woman traveling alone, sometimes finding the right hotel can be a challenge, but Figl was absolutely ideal. It was very safe, staff were impeccably polite, and the room was clean and nicely appointed. As others have noted, finding the entrance was the biggest challenge - the door is to the right of the courtyard dining area and not obvious if you approach from the opposite side. I also agree that the bed was unusually hard, but noise was not an issue in the least, despite the weekend's spring flower festival that was taking place outside. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank GoGigi
Redondo Beach
Reviewed 17 January 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Figl for 4 nights during our 3 week trip thru Germany, Italy and Austria. Now what a gem this place is ! The location is just superb - right schmack in the middle of town ! And since we traveled by train, it was only a few minutes walking distance to the station.
The staff and Mr. Anton were just outstanding. Soooo friendly ! And since we were staying 4 nights over Christmas, he was so nice to give us their top floor room, which was huge ! Just awesome.
My husband and I did pick up this stomach flu which was cruising thru town and we lost a full day of the 4 day stay..very unfortunate. But I have to say - I think her name is Macella - cudos to running to the pharmacy for us and getting us the life saving meds !
That was so nice of her...because we were in really, really bad shape....
All in all - great hotel and we would stay there again in a heart-beat !
Thank you Hotel Figl !

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
San Jose, California
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Spent two nights at Hotel Figl. It is literally one short block off the main square and central underground parking ramp. Since most of the streets in central Bolzano are restricted to pedestrians and bicyclists, if you plan to bring a car to the area, you must park in one of their underground parking garages (the hotel gives you a voucher for free parking). Having mentioned all that, this made the hotel ideal for walking around the historic areas of the central business/historic district. It was a short walk to the cable car which takes you to Soprabolzano for breathtaking vistas of the surrounding area; a short walk along the promenade to Runkelstein Castle; and a short walk to everything in between: museums, shopping, restaurants. It's a small family-run hotel. The interior of the hotel is very clean and somewhat modern. Our room was a nice size for two people and had plenty of shelving/closet space for luggage. The view from our room looked over a small plaza which was quiet at night when the shops closed down (apparently no festivals going on during our stay). The staff was very friendly and very responsive during the reservation process and during our visit. We would definitely stay here again if we plan to be in the area.

Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SageWalk
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Nicely renovated. small restaurant has original, charming woodwork. Internet included in price. Hotel within easy walking distance of most sights and many restaurants. Staff very pleasant and accommodating. The full buffet is somewhat limited. But you can order specific items like eggs or juice to go with the coffee and roll at modest surcharges. [Price for breakfast comparable to nearby coffee bars.] My room had a small, empty refrigerator. You can buy cheese, sausage, fruit and bakery items at nearby daily food market. In summer, potted trees around the restaurant's outdoor seating obscure the glass door which leads to the hotel desk. The glass door is on the right as you face the restaurant. You can go in through the restaurant/bar also.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo