“Perfect location”
Review of Hotel Figl

Hotel Figl
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Bolzano
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We just completed a three night stay in Bolzano, Italy. This is a great small hotel in a perfect location. It is just behind the main square on the old grain plaza. Great shopping is just around the corner and there are plenty of great places to eat. The rooms were very modern, clean and spacious for a European hotel. The staff was great and very helpful. Their was one gentleman in particular who worked in the evenings while we were there that gave us many helpful tips. Only a couple of negitives, but neither major issues: This is the middle of the old city so parking is tight. It is located under the main square but really not a bad walk. If you follow the wheelchair signs you will find a ramp and elevator rather than having to haul your luggage up the stairs. The other issue that I found frustrating was the wifi. If you were spending time reading an article or e-mail you would get kicked off and have to sign in again. Also, breakfast is not included and I thought rather pricey for what you got. There is a little cafe that is very popular with the locals in the afternoon for a coffee or glass of wine. All in all, Hotel Figl is a great place and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room right on the square and were concerned that it would be noisey, but the windows are so...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Bolzano is, without doubt, one of our favourite cities in europe. Marvellous cultural mix and location. Probably the one city we would happily move to. We found Hotel Figl a few visits ago and have returned regularly since then. WellI located in Bolzano, just steps from Platz Walther von der Vogelweide (can't say that out loud without smiling), Figl is an ideal small, stylish hotel. Breakfast is not included, but being so close to the Square, there are plenty of cafes around, including one on the ground floor of the hotel if you choose to use it.

A delightful spot.

Room Tip: We stayed last in the room with wood panelling (2nd floor I think), Lovely room, great sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2011

This is more of a business hotel, but also caters to penny conscious tourists. The place was recently renovated, and the rooms are simple and clean. Personnel is very friendly, helpful and competent. The Internet connection is lousy: slow and unsteady. But is it free.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2011

As fellow travellers commented,the hotel is very well located in the center of town.The room was clean,relatively small and facing a wall.You could tell which of the neighbours was using the bathroom.Breakfast is not included.I think the price of 125 euro was way to much !!

Room Tip: there are better hotels for those rates Dont go by lonelyplant
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2011

A very nice hotel just in the middle of the old town, near all the attractions, very neat and clean. The personal is helpful and nice. We traveled by train, and reached the hotel after a 10 minutes walk. Our room was good sized and the bathroom was good. No luxus, but everything you need. Breakfast can get expensive if you choose many extras, but is very good.
We will stay here our next time in town.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We only stayed for one night but found it was a great hotel. Staff were vey helpful advising resturants and places to go. The room was large clean and couldn't be faulted. Nothing exceptional but all you could ask for. In contrast, the dining area had plenty of old world charm and history,The outside area in front of the hotel was a nice place for a quiet drink and snack. We only planned Bolzano as an overnight stop but would go back to spend longer. A friendly interesting town, helpful people,lots of history, good food and drinks. I think this area has a lot to offer.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I had visited Bolzano before and like the place very much. I decided to visit again for a few days at the last minute. As it was June perhaps unsurprisingly the hotels I would have preferred were fully booked, so I settled on the Figl because I knew its position was a good one at the centre of things and because of the good reviews.
I arrived at the hotel a few hours before check in time hoping to drop off my bags, but in fact my room was ready, which was a bonus. Unfortunately the room did not have a view, as it was at the rear of the building, and overlooked and was in close proximity to the wall of an adjacent building. This didn't bother me enough to want to change rooms, as I thought it might be quieter than rooms facing the piazza. The room in other respects was fine, and nicely furnished. I was travelling alone, I think for a couple it might be on the small side although there was plenty of wardrobe space. The bathroom was excellent, although there was no bath and the towels could have been softer and of better quality.
The bedroom was indeed quiet and contrary to other reviews, I didn't find the bed hard at all.
The bar/breakfast area is pleasant and you can sit in the beer garden/terrace with the locals. I'd paid for the buffet breakfast but would probably just have the Italian option if I stayed again, simply because there are many good lunch options in the town.
The staff were consistently friendly and helpful.
There was limited free access to the internet using a computer in the restaurant area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo