“Soooo wonderful”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Merano
Meisters Hotel Irma
Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Merano
Zurich, Switzerland
“Soooo wonderful”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Once more we stayed at Meister's Irma. This time for 4 nights in late September. We had a wonderful time and were very well looked after.

We particularly enjoyed the various swimming pools (especially the heated outdoor pool and the indoor pool with a log fire at the end), the superb evening menus, being able to choose from, and be advised about, the extensive local wine list, and the chance to enjoy delicious snacks at lunchtime and during the afternoon.

Our room was well-appointed, the bed extremely comfortable, and a small problem that we had with a shower fitting was attended to immediately, thanks to our chambermaid’s prompt action.

The family are always around, and are for ever helpful and ready to give advice. So our warmest thanks to Herr and Frau Meister, and to Alex and Claudia, for helping us enjoy a few days with you.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bbt7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
zurich, switzerland
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I returned to Irma again. And again I have greatly enjoyed the place. One of the previous commentators (HelleJulin) compared Irma to paradise. Well, I said to my husband, if the paradise would be Irma I am ready to leave you all today with a smile :-) Yes, HelleJulin I would also wish to live there if I won in Lotto!
This time I booked massages which were great (this lady from Slovakia did some magic to my tired shoulders) and for the first time discovered the steam baths. What pleasure! While I have been waiting for the massage I was offered a cherry sorbet. Small gesture but adds up to the perfect service in this garden of Eden. Only one week to go and Irma closes down for the winter break. Even though the Family is probably going to be very busy in winter I wish them a lot of rest and pleasure. You are unique. To be the first on the list of hotels in Meran is great but it must be a burden as well. I thank you once again for your hospitality and excellent level of service. I left you feeling like a reborn goddess :-) Unfortunately I have to return to work and in spring I will be dreaming of Irma again. I take this opportunity to thank all the staff, the cleaning ladies, the waiters, the guy in the bar, the guy in the swimming pool who noticed that I am drifting in the water outside without any attractions and pressed the button inside :-) Thank you once again. And to all the readers of the ratings, stay away, don't go there, go somewhere else, there are other hotels in Meran. I do not need the crowds in my paradise :-)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Copenhagen
Reviewed 20 August 2013

If fate should ever allow me to win the Lotto, I would probably live here. Each day I would then be able to take a stroll in the rose labyrinth, watch the swans by the lake and enjoy a garden where pine trees stand next in line to palms and all kinds of flowers seem to bloom at the same time. I would enjoy the majestic view over the alps from the breakfast room while trying hard to choose which delicacy I would eat. I would take long walks and try out some of the many, many suggestions the seemingly tireless Meister Family offer every morning. I would sunbathe by one of the three pools, enjoy the amazingly beautiful steam baths and look forward to my six course gourmet dinner, that includes a cheese selection from heaven. I have never won the Lotto, still fate allowed me 5 days this summer - and they were marvelous. Can only recommend!

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed in Meister's Hotel Irma for three night with my wife and a friend in early August. We enjoyed the hospitality, the facilities, the pool, the massage, the food and not at least the athmosphere and the gardens and the small lake and the swans.

Breakfast at the top floor had a wiide selection of food, fruit and juices - and a fantastic view of the valley and the mountains. Dinner on the lower floor had a set menue, but offered a selection in addition to the set menue. Food was excellent. Service great.

We felt welcome by the family running the hotel. Easy to understand why people are returning to the place

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This is a wonderful hotel with fabulous food and staff who make you feel instantly at home. From stepping through the door we were greeted with friendliness by everyone - they definitely go for the personal approach.
Already impressed by the hot (scented!) towels and elderflower+prosecco welcome drinks on the terrace (with wonderful first views of the mountains over swan lake), we were further delighted by the rest of the tour finally ending at our room; although this overlooked the pools, it was quiet and peaceful.
Unfortunately we were only passing through Merano on a tour of Europe and so only had the pleasure of spending one night and day here. However, if I could stay for a month I would. We had initially planned a few visits around the place on the afternoon we arrived but we ended up staying at the hotel!
The food was outstanding (I'm still full from my 6 course gourmet dinner!), the pools clean, the rooms spacious and peaceful, the staff and family extremely friendly and there are so many little extra touches that will top off the experience.

Definitely make a stop at Schloss Trautmannsdorf if you have a chance - it is 5 minutes drive from the hotel and the gardens were exquisite. In the summer they also have a daily live open-air music performance at 9pm. http://www.trauttmansdorff.it/en/the-gardens-of-trauttmansdorff-castle.html

1 Thank Bewa89
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2013

All the reviews are true, this is an idyllic, restful place with wonderful service. We stayed for 3 nights and didn't feel the need to move out of the hotel even though there was tons to do in merano. At times it felt we had a private villa with pools, it is that spacious, spritzs, water, towels etc were delivered to us around the pool without asking - truly wonderful. The food at night was fabulous, the first night was a buffet of deserts which were to die for. I can not emphasise the fantastic service enough, it was perfect balance of always being there when you wanted something but not hovering over you. To cap it all, when we were leaving to get the bus one of the family saw us leave and shouted down that he would give us a lift to the train station - again perfect.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This is an amazing property set in a valley surrounded by mountains...Because of the nature of the valley it is subtropical so you have palm trees blooming with snow capped mountains nearby.
The hotel offers a full meal plan which makes sense since the food is excellent (as is the wine list) and even if you drive around a bit to tour you will only miss a lunch or two (We did spend a day in Trento but happily returned for the cake and coffee buffet which starts mid afternoon) The property has three outdoor swimming pools and one indoor pool with very comfortable lounge chairs set around the pools and up into the trees for the shade lovers. Our room, a deluxe king, had a fabulously large double sink bathroom and a double terrace...really a terrace off the living room area and another smaller one off the bedroom. Very ample closet space and nicely furnished.
Only complaint>>>we arrived midafternoon....it was obvious that our room was not ready since they first offered us a refreshment out on one of the terraces and then they disappeared for about an hour....it was after 4 p.m. when someone from the desk gave us a "guided tour"....at this point we really wanted to go to our room and this finally happened before five. It would have been more direct and honest to just tell us that our room was not ready but at least it was lovely when we got there.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a terrace since we spent at least a couple of hours there every late afternoon an...