“Good hotel and spa but don't book the rubbish 5-elements massage!”
Review of Hotel Terme Merano

Hotel Terme Merano
Ranked #4 of 54 Hotels in Merano
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I enjoyed our trip here and found the rooms to be good quality, clean etc....comfortable beds.They call themselves 4 star and that's accurate - I did find the prices slightly on the high end for a 4-star establishment but we enjoyed our stay so I wasn't too upset about it.

Only things that annoyed me were the lack of fish options on the menu - the tuna had sold out the twice I asked for it and the restaurant didn't have a fish option either, apart from a tuna burger thing but I just wanted steamed greens and fish.

The spa and pool area is lovely and the Balinese massage was one of the best massages I ever had. The 5 elements massage was in contrast the worst massage that I have ever had, and a complete waste of money - my partner had one too and he also thought it was dreadful.

Also, they didn't have an option on the massage form to leave a tip and as I never carry cash down to hotel spas, I thought this was annoying as I had really wanted to tip the Italian guy who did my Balinese massage - he was just great.

The hotel is in an amazing location and the staff could not have been nicer or more helpful - in particular, the manager of the restaurant is just amazing. He couldn't have been more accomodating and attentive if he tried.

The swimming area is lovely too, and if you do stay here you should check out a local restaurant called Sissi - it's a five minute walk away and it was amazing.

One tip for management - it would be better to put couples with babies in a quiter room - we had our baby with us and if I stayed again I would have requested a higher room or one around the back - we were on the first floor above the outdoor restaurant area and my baby kept being disturbed by the noise as we always like to sleep with the windows open. Also there was no kettle in our room and the hotel had run out of kettles which is definitely not ideal when you have a baby who needs warm milk several times a day. I had to go down to the bar five times a day for hot water which was a hassle when she was crying for her milk there and then.

Room Tip: we had our baby with us and if I stayed again I would have requested a higher room or one around the...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Theiner R, Manager at Hotel Terme Merano, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Thank you Susie for the plaudit. It is a pleasure for us to read that the Balinese massage was one of the best you ever had in your life. On the other side, of course, we are very sorry about the fact that you didn’t enjoy our 5 Element’s Experience which is one of our big seller and people normally appreciate it. It is a pity that I had no chance to talk with you about your experience. Maybe we have the possibility to talk about in a future stay at Hotel Therme Meran.

Thank you and many greetings from Merano

Bettina Röggl – SPA Manager

There are newer reviews for Hotel Terme Merano

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We spent 4 nights in this hotel at the end of a 3 week trip around Italy. We had a suite and a adjoining double room. They were both very comfortable and the suite was particularly spaceous, with lovely views overlooking the Termenplatz, the fast flowing river and the mountains beyond.
We did not eat in the restaurant, but did have a very nice roomservice breakfast. The only (small) issue was that there was only water in the minibar. I'm sure they would have put other soft drinks in if we had requested, but this did seem a bit odd.
The hotel is very centrally located within walking distance of all the little shops and attractions in the old town of Merano.
This is a great hotel from which to explore the beautiful countryside and vinyards of the area. We would stay here again and are happy to recommend it

Room Tip: Ask for mountain views.Also, if you overlook the Termenplatz you could be treated to shows and conce...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2014

While at first all was great at this perfectly located hotel, the lack of hot water was disappointing. The city is not to be missed, the "old town" is just across the street and everything else was fine. When we asked about the lack of hot water, we were told that they were unaware of any problems, but most in our group (making up about 10 rooms) had the same problem, and had to wait until our next stop in the Dolomites for a hot bath!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Steve P
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Nice rooms, great service and great location with the sound of the fiume Adige as background. We stayed as family holidays (two adults and two teens) and we all had a ball. The natural spa is a real pleasure. Lots of pools, steam rooms, saunas, gardens and jacuzzi everywhere plus massages and facials with top class products. Merano is a jewel! Really looking forward for the next time

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Emanuela883
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We celebrated our anniversary by staying for the weekend at the Therme Hotel. We wanted to spend some real quality time while being pampered. This hotel proved to be perfect for that and met all of our expectations, and even surpassed some. We look forward to returning.

Staff was always helpful and genuinely pleasant. The room was beautiful and comfortable (and we only stayed in a standard room!). The hotel pools and saunas were really great and the ability to cross over to the Thermal next door, through a connecting tunnel, in our bathrobes and have access to its fabulous garden and 25 pools, was really great.

We had a "half board" which meant that our reservation included breakfast but also dinner. We were really extremely surprised by the quality, presentation and flavor of anything we tried. It was amazing! 5 star all the way.

We highly recommend this place--great for families with children as well, and we definitely recommend the half-board. It costs peanuts in comparison to what one gets I return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank edictamg
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It was the second time at Hotel Therme Merano and our experience was even better than during our previous stay. The hotel is very modern; clean. The spa is excellent, whilst having access to the main pool areas widens the choice of pools. We had an excellent dinner, making the half board option very good value. The staff helpfulness and courtesy were fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alessandro P
Theiner R, Manager at Hotel Terme Merano, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you very much Alessandro!
Looking forward to welcome and pamper you again.
Greetings from sunny Meran

Rudi Theiner – General Manager

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Hotel Terme Merano is a first class establishment. I was taken by the incredible quality of food included with a package. The dinner and breakfast were first class in quality, flavor, visual appeal and quantity. Excellent. The restaurant staff is top notch.

The wine selection and pricing are world class and affordable. The wine the Mr. Demartis the Maitre suggested the with my meal, Turriga, was phenomenal. The wine and food paring was exceptional. I hope to find the wine in the U.S. It was truly remarkable.

I told Mr. Demartis I was traveling solo and that I was on a 2 month journey to explore wine and food in Italy and before I knew it he arranged a full day tour with a historic wine maker in the area. I have never experienced such incredible insight and high level of customer service. Thanks to Mr. Demartis I have a memory of Tramin which I will always cherish. I am grateful for his attentiveness.

The hotsprings are clean, accessible and enjoyable. Looking at the Alps while soaking in warm natural springs is close to otherworldly.

The staff is attentive, friendly and fast. They work so well together. I look forward to another visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo