“Good choice for visiting Trento”

Garni Villa Fontana
Ranked #35 of 56 Trento B&B and Inns
vermont
“Good choice for visiting Trento”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We like reasonably priced, small hotels that are within walking distance to the center and easy to find without having to navigate narrow streets of the historic center. Coming over the bridge it is located on the left side of a two way road . We couldn't see where to pull in to the hotel quickly enough so we went around the block so we could park on the same side of the street just before the hotel while we checked in. Later we pulled into their parking garage with nice sized spaces. It was a pleasant 15-20 minute walk to the historic part of the city via a nice, lighted path along the river (less time if you take a more direct route through the neighborhood). The staff was very friendly and helpful. There is free wifi in the hotel and at different points within the city if you register with either an EU cell phone number or a Paypal account. I forgot my Paypal password and didn’t want to open another account so I was unable to access the wifi, but it sounds like a good system. The cable car station is located on the river path about midway to the town – very convenient. Room is very clean, quite basic but reasonable cost.Elevator. Good breakfast includes meat, cheese, fresh fruits.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Michigan
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights as part of a conference that was taking place in the center of town (near the Duomo). The hotel was relatively inexpensive and of average quality. The rooms were not extremely well kept- there were scuffs and dents in the walls but it relatively clean. One factor that was slightly disconcerting was that the grout around the base of the shower seemed to have mold on it. When I tried to wipe it off, however, it did not easily come off so I didn't complain about it. There was "free" internet. I had to pay a one time fee of a euro to activate it but then I had no problems. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful-- they spoke English relatively well, enough to help me when I had questions. Overall, the hotel was pretty quite, I did not hear a lot of noise from the other people staying at the hotel. I did not really like the location of the hotel, however. While it is not too far out of town there is definitely no activity (cafes, restaurants, etc.) near the hotel. Also, I am a single female and I felt extremely uncomfortable walking back to the hotel from downtown when it was after 10:00. I never had any problems but there were not too many people out and it is not a very active location. So if you enjoy nightlife and being the middle of things, choose a different hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo