“Great Hotel ”
Review of Grand Hotel Trento

Grand Hotel Trento
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Trento
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I've just spent 2 nights at the Grand hotel in Trento, and I can highly recommend it . The rooms were great , the bathroom was superb with a excellent bath to relax in ,the staff were as good and helpful as anywhere I have stayed .
The breakfast was the best I've had this trip which was a 3 hotel trip .
Plus it's right in the centre of town and it's 200 mtrs from the train station .
I will bring my wife back here one day as I think the town and hotel are a treat not to be missed .

Stayed: July 2014
ANDREA A, Direttore at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Denbo_10,
I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your time with us and that the hotel location was convenient to your needs.
We appreciate your review and recommendation and hope to welcome you and your wife back in the future and be able to provide you with another memorable experience.
All the best!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is a high standard and quite luxurious hotel and overall, a good place to stay. But the décor is rather heavy and overbearing, especially in the public areas. If you are looking for charm and character - something that matches the atmosphere of Trento itself, this isn't for you. On the positive side, it is extremely well located for the historic centre of the town. and the hotel participates in a scheme that gives you free passes to museums and other historic attractions in the town and surroundings. This can save you a lot of money so make sure you ask for it. The staff were very helpful over this The new Renzo Piano Science Museum is particularly good, as are the underground, preserved roman town excavations.
Breakfast was good but with one major downside, for a coffee addict like me anyway. The breakfast coffee came out of a nescafe machine and if it wasn't instant coffee, it certainly tasted like it!
The bedroom was comfortable, well furnished and large but the air conditioning was very noisy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
ANDREA A, Direttore at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Ian S,
Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us. It’s good to know that your stay was overall a pleasant experience and that hotel location was convenient to your points of interest.
I hope that maybe one day you will stay with us again!
All the best!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Our room was very nice with lots of space and nicely furnished (although it was *very* red).

Although it overlooked the square opposite the station, it was very quiet.

The hotel seems to be more tailored towards business travel but the room was comparatively good value and the breakfast buffet was good.

If you stay at this hotel, you're entitled to a "Trento Card" which gives you free public transport in the town for the duration of your stay and access to quite a few museums & the cable car. I mention this because we weren't given one on arrival but, after asking about it at the nearby Tourist Office, we got one from reception.

Location is good, very convenient for the railway station and only a short stroll into the heart of the town through quiet streets.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
ANDREA A, Direttore at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Hi George Y,
Thank you for sharing comments with travel community. I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed convenience of hotel location and you enjoyed comfort of the room.
Thank you for mentioning the "Trento Card", it should have been handed yo you upon arrival, I apologize about that.
We will be looking forward to welcome you back one day!
Andrea Allegro

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The interior and decor of the hotel is very grand. Rooms a re big and continue the same design. Bathrooms are large and nice too. Breakfast was good. The rooms have free wifi.
The hotel is nicely located, just a short walk from the center and old town.The town is really lovely and we found plenty of options on where to eat and drink.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
ANDREA A, Direttore at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Hi niinukka
It’s great to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and the hotel and location were to your satisfaction.
We will be looking forward to welcome you back one day!
Andrea Allegro

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I don't want to put people off by staying at this beautiful hotel, so I will dispense with the negative things first so you are left with the positive stuff last.
I would have loved to give this hotel a 5 star rating, but unfortunately, their staff let them down. It actually would not take much to amend this though. So managers, listen up!
Check in was fine, the lady was very nice at reception, when I asked about Trento, she didn't really have much to tell me except "just turn left, you will find everything you need"
I went for a walk, turning let as instructed, but could not really find much, so stopped to buy a map (would have been nice to get given ine by the hotel). Returned to hotel, asked man on evening duty about what we can see in Trento, he was quite rude, didn't even look up at me, just grunted and pointed to the hallway stand, I had already looked there, everything was in Italian, so not very
helpful to me.
I re-read trip advisor comments and saw that I could get a Trento card. Next morning returned to reception, another lady served me and I asked about card, yes, happy to give me one, which she did but could offer me not much more information unless I specifically asked for it, was getting a bit frustrated at their lack of care for their town, don't these people want to promote all the good things about where they live?
We found out by chance that there was actually a festival on (we happened to stumble on it when walking around the town, ) however, I did notice later that there were notices about it, but unless you read Italian, you wouldn't really look at them. The town ended up being a beautiful place, the festival a bonus.

Our room was great, big, comfy, bathroom was big, and a bath, beds were pretty good too. Could not really fault the room. Our view to the mountains was just beautiful. I liked having a bath, they also had a small fridge and a 2 chairs and a really good desk to sit at.
I liked the decor of the hotel and the fact that there is a room you can store your bags.
Breakfast was good and plenty of it. (3 lady staff, 1 was lovely, 2 seemed very foul tempered and a constant scowl on their faces, seemed to spend a good deal of their time shooing customers out of their way or to a particular table)

Would I stay there again? Yes, because the hotel will be around a lot longer than the poor service from certain staff, and if the management are smart, they will retrain or rehire.

As a traveller from Australia who has just spent 5 weeks touring Europe and many hotels and B&B's later, the one thing that all the others did and Grand Hotel didn't was to promote their town/city, they all took pride in where they lived and were happy to share information.
Trento is one of my highlights of my trip as it is such a beautiful place, if you know where to look, it's up there with Strasbourg and Florence. The buildings are so picturesque with the mountains asa backdrop.
Someday I hope to return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ANDREA A, Direttore at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear KarenMBunburyWA,
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us. It’s good to know that you enjoyed hotel location and our rooms. Our goal is to provide our guest with the experience that exceed their expectations and I am sorry that you encounter few challenges during your time here. Please know that we always welcome our guest’s feedback during their stay as it gives us a chance to turn things around as well as improve our services.
You should have received the Trento card upon check-in, not a day later, as well as a free map of the town. Of course you should have received all the informations you asked for, about the places of interest to visit. I apologize if my staff was not as helpful as you expected it should be.
However it’s good to know that this experience did not negatively influenced your stay
If you will be planning on coming back and staying with us again please so not hesitate to contact me and I will make sure that this time it will be a memorable stay.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were touring Italy, Austria and Germany.this hotel stands out for its fabulous decor , friendly staff and delicious food. There was an easy stroll into the historic city centre after we had safely parked the car in the hotel garage.After many restaurant meals we decided to be lazy and eat in the hotel itself.We were not disappointed , Infact had an absolutely delicious meal professionally served.It was very good value for money and a real treat in the midst of more modest hotels during our trip.

Room Tip: If you don't get a room on the top floor ride up in the lift just for the fabulous view of the s...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ANDREA A, Direttore at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Gallicwanderer,
Thank you so much for your review. I am very happy to know that you are satisfied with the value of your stay and that the hotel location as well as the restaurant were to your liking. I hope that if you decide to visit Trento again one day you will choose our hotel again!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

For us, the Grand Hotel Trento was a home run. A short walk to the town center, well located, a secure place to park the car, a lovely room, and welcoming staff. We were upgraded to a spacious, beautifully decorated room, equipped with modern bathroom including an oversized tub which, after staying in so many hotels with tiny showers, was a treat. The room even had a huge, oversized closet that could have been considered a second room - well, it was a room for all our suitcases and "stuff". We were surprised to receive, at check-in, a "trento card", which included city transportation and admission to Trent's many attractions - which we used and appreciated! Breakfast, served in the hotel restaurant, was plentiful, varied, fresh and satisfying. I can't imagine any hotel in Trent surpassing the Grand for accommodation, location, service and style. Trent is a lovely city, and the Grand is the place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Claudia S
ANDREA A, Direttore at Grand Hotel Trento, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hi Claudia S,
Thank you for choosing our hotel on your trip to Trento! It’s great that the hotel was conveniently located to all your points of interest and that you enjoyed comfort of our rooms. I am happy that you appreciated the Trento card, a real plus this year that gives our guests the opportunity to visit all the major attractions in Trento free of charge.
I hope that in the future you will consider staying with us again.