“Wonderful, genuine, homely”

Price range: US$12 - US$30
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I love this restaurant, the food is excellent and the atmosphere is warm and welcoming.

I had some traditional Italian dishes that were made with visible care and love that you would expect from a family run restaurant. The value is good and I would definitely go there again!

A great place for tourists and locals alike.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Stopped off in Aoste for lunch, wandered around a little and chose this place based on how busy it was and the number of apparent locals.

I had a great fillet steak in a spicy sauce and the OH enjoyed a perfectly prepared sae bream and salad.

The waiter was absolutely charming and didn't mind whether we spoke Italian, French or English with him.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I visited this restaurant 2 years ago during my trip to Aosta from Cervinia and now I was very much surprised, seeing this restaurant out of top10 on this site. 2 years ago we went here cause it was on second or third place. I think it still deserves being on the top, though some local feedbacks seem to be bad. The pizza was nice (not perfect, but very good), the salad was also very nice as weill as service.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

We were in Aosta last week and stepped into the Moderno for lunch and we were not disappointed..

Good service, great food and price very affordable. Unfortunately when we went two days later it was closed so we tried another nearby. Not as good so be careful.

Will definitely return to Moderno.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

Nice traditional friendly restaurant. Good choice of Pizza and Pasta dishes on menu. Food excellent and served quickly. Have had lunch here several times never any complaints.