“Family ski trip”
Review of Hotel Miravidi

Hotel Miravidi
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Breuil-Cervinia
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We enjoyed our trip so much we have booked again for next year!

Lovely family run hotel, they were all so friendly and helpful, and very welcoming to children. 5 min walk to nearest lift, excellent boot room. Cervinia has excellent skiing for all levels and my husband and son particularly liked the fact they could ski over to Zermatt.

Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We ve stayed with out little daughter and parents in law . Booked 3 rooms close to one anothe and with private balcony . Food exceptional , good access to the ski lifts , and to the kids play yard too.

very very very nice people (the real family -) work at the hotel . Rooms are convenient and clean ... May be a little small - but this is what u should expect at this price ;)

Defiantly good value for money . I have no doubts to recommend this place !!!

• Stayed: February 2013
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Alex-and-Masha
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We are a group of 5 families from Denmark, who have been going skiing together for the last 23 years. We have been many places in Europe, but the last 3 years in Cervinia, staying in Hotel Miravidi have been the best. The skiing area is fantastic and the hotel is excellent. Very quiet situated with a breathtaking view of the Matterhorn, and a 5 min flat walk to the lift. It is a family hotel. The family is very kind and serviceminded, you feel welcome from the first minute. The rooms are not big, but very clean and neat, and the hotel as a whole is very cosy. The food is very good, 3 courses, and the staff very friendly, greetings to Marco and Mattheo! I will give Hotel Miravidi my best recommendations.
Jesper Scharling

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Fantastic hotel, we have been there several times and are coming back in winther 2014. The family is very very kind you always feel that you are welcome. A lots of people are coming back year after year.The food is very good too and the service is very good. We suddently will recommend this hotel with the kind family MAQUINAZ.

We are coming from Denmark and are 65 years old, have been skiing in many Years and will always go back to M

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Wow, so many emotions we still have from this "fantastic" hotel... Even dont know from what to start... Me and my boyfriend planed holidays in Cervinia, and wanted to find not too expensive hotel, something cute and nice where we could spend our 10 days of holidays. Our choice was Miravidi hotel, we like the pics in profile, so we booked the hotel, we wanted to stay 10 days if we like everything, but of couse we payed 3 days in advance as everybody does leaving the deposit by credit card (giving credit card details to the hotel). So when we arrived, we were very tired and were happy to see welcoming faces at the reception. The young girl was very nice and gave us the key from the room. When we entered our room we were very bad surprised because it was extreamly small!!! I would say it reminded us capsule hotel - just the bed and small bathroom. I even will not describe the interier and look of the room because everything looked very oldish and kind of "made quickly just to put turistic meat inside and to forget about IT". Now I understand why in the profile there is no any picture of the WHOLE room and its size written!!! Because it is about 10 sq.m! Ok, I went at the reception to ask a possibility to change the room, but all were busy... Hm.. Ok, we decided to stay in this capsule. In 1 hour we understood that in the room it was too hot, than we saw the radiator which was heating like in a hell and of couse there was nothing working there to make it LESS!! Ok, we opened the door to the balcony (the common baclony for everybody in hour flor so any guest could enter hour room while we are sleeping), so of couse finally at night we were frozen (aspecially that my boyfriend just got rid of bronchitis). Plus it was not all - we woke up at 6 in the morning because somebody was taking shower and using hairdryer in the neighbor room!) I mean there was no any sound asolation absolutly, so it was the feeling that another guesnt was taking shower just close to my pillow! :)) Ok, in such "cool mood and condition" I understood that I have no any strenghts to ski, I want just to stay in bed and sleep to recover. Anyway we went to ski, and found a place in another wonderful hotel (2 times more expensive, but we didnt care), the problem was that room there will be available only in 2 nights). We were very happy and decided to inform our hotel Miravidi in advance that we want to leave.... Now it will start the most interesting part of the story! =))) But before this I want to say that dont belive Miravidi has 3 starts, I would give 1 maximum. You can see it by the size of the rooms, quality, and also breakfasts, where you get just 2 boxes of juices, some musli, milk, croassan, and all of this is on small table, come and take it, and forget about becon and scramble eggs and fruits! Ok, lets go to the interesting part.
When we arrived to reception, where was blond lady which smiled to us until we told her about our problems and that we are going to leave after these 3 days will pass (the days we payed). She was very surprised and said... WE CAN NOT LEAVE! Or we have to pay 1500 EURO OF COMPENSATION!!! Than she started to speak french (because she knowns I dont speak french, but my boyfriend does! and she sees he is very calm person and doesnt like to have scandals) But for me it was obvious she is trying to make him pay these money. Than I started to explain to her that she doesnt have the right to do it, but she didnt listen, she was just like a parrot always repeating the same thing - 1500 euro, you have to pay, compensation and so on... Than she got probably tired and said ok, she needs to talk to somebody. Than after sometimes she told us she found clients and we have to get out of hotel tomorrow but she takes money just for 1 days as a compensation. We said ok, no problem, found another hotel just for 1 night and was quite satisfied. But... In the morning of check out, she was waiting for us ... her and her husband probably (man with strange look and angry eyes) =))) it sounds funny, but he really looked like this. He didnt speak, he made her speaking with us (poor woman! probably in their family he dictates to everybody what to do... other personel in hotel was very sympathic, I like them a lot, but this couple - NO!) So when we came to her, she gave us a bill to pay for almoust 400 euro. We asked whats that, she said that she decided to take those 500 euro (which we ALREADY paied for 3 days of stay) as a compensation, and these 400 - it is to be payed again. So total around 900 for 2 nights???!!! Is it Ritz Carlton... or?..... Miravidi Ritz Carlton probably.. We lost our ability to speak.. We said we will not pay this, it is not normal what she is doing, she is too gready. And her answer to us was that "she will remove from my bf card 1500 euro if we will not pay)!!! It reminded me arabic market -
-10 dollar my friend
- ok ok, no 10 dollar...!!! - 5 dollar!!!
So everything looked something like that. We left hotel not paying her strange paper, because we already paied in advance, but our mood was very spoiled! I have no idea what are those people who liked staying there, but I will not be surprised if most of them - friends of friends of this family... Sorry for long and detailed feedback, I wrote it for you to know - either you will like Miravidi, or you have to pay COMPENSATION!!! :)))
Good luck to everybody and wish you lucky holidays!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natalia863
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We stayed at this hotel with our friends for our annual ski holiday.The position in resort is ideal - it is only a flat 2 min walk to the lifts. The staff are fantastic and our thanks go to the owners who were very helpfull and kind when I had an accident, their help was very much appreciated. Our superior room was lovely - I really liked the shower! The food was great and the chef was able to surprise the three vegetarians in our party every night! All in all a fantastic family run hotel where you will receive friendly service and feel very much at home.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are worth the little bit extra
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We have just returned from a week ski holiday with our two kids 7 & 10. This was our second stay at the Miravidi, hopefully we'll be back next year.
We had a lovely time, the location is very good.
It's a family run hotel and they put a lot of attention to the details. The restaurant and housekeeping staff were very professional and helpful.
The food is excellent and our room was spotless.
It's a very cosy and very welcoming hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a Superior room, they have more character
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family