The building is quite amazing, with woodwork and very plush furniture everywhere.
Our room was very nice with a terrace overlooking the mountains. The room included a nice couch, wood floors and trim and a nice tiled bathroom.
The place felt a bit formal to us, certainly more so than the typical hotel we stay in, but that was not a problem.
Breakfast was good; we never tried dinner in the Hotel.
The staff is extremely helpful, and the service is impeccable in every respect.
The only disadvantage is being a bit of a walk from the town centre. The hotel does provide a shuttle that is very convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Auberge de la Maison is a charming hotel in the centre of Entreves, a rustic hamlet on the outskirts of Courmayeur, one of the most delightful little towns in the Alps. Entreves is a picturesque collection of houses built around the old palace which was the official residence of the nobility which once reigned over Courmayeur.Auberge de la Maison is situated in a spectacular valley at the foot of Mont Blanc (Monte Bianco), a unique location among jagged peaks, glaciers and huge rock formations, where colours range from the blue-green ice of the glaciers to the cobalt sky and the grey-brown of the rock faces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Auberge de la Maison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge De La Maison Hotel Courmayeur
- Auberge De La Maison Aosta