“Memorable, if only for the well hung picture on the wall...”
Review of Hotel Croux

Hotel Croux
Ranked #19 of 42 Hotels in Courmayeur
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I have thought long and hard about how to describe this hotel, from the effortless (for the hotel staff) breakfast to the unfortunate coincidence of having to share the hotel with about 50 estate agents/property managers. The shoe box of a room with a single bed which an 8 year old would be scared of rolling out of; the lift which felt like it was in the room with me whenever it went up or down (I could unlock my door whilst still stood inside the lift) or being woken by someone falling out of the lift and breaking my door at past 2 in the morning. Instead, i will just leave you with the, erm, artwork that i awoke to each morning - i think it describes the place better than any words ever could.

I can only recommend them for the effort they showed to find me another hotel after the door was broken!

Room Tip: A room at the back will avoid noise from the church. A room away from the lift will avoid drunk est...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed at hotel croux for a week over new year and were extremely impressed. The staff were all incredibly friendly and went out of their way to help out and make sure we had an enjoyable stay. The hotel is situated in close proximity to the lovely town centre and a 5 minute drive to the Dolonne bubble. The hotel provides a shuttle to and from the lifts to save you walking which was great. Rooms were warm, clean and spacious. There is a lovely bar area where we were able to order drinks and play cards in the evening. The hotel even let us eat our own food there when we were unable to find a restaurant to eat in on New Year's Eve. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Not the most luxurious place, but great value in a good location with more than adequate rooms. The real difference that makes Hotel Croux stand out is the people. There's a bunch of really nice people running the place and working there who were extremely friendly, professional and couldn't do enough for my family and I.

It drops a rating point because it's pretty noisy in the street outside from about 6 in the morning onwards (whoever invented the reversing horn for trucks needs to be made to suffer bad things - and I'm sure God doesn't want to be be woken up with church bells at the crack of dawn either).

Room Tip: Maybe a room on the backside would be quieter, but probably not.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I recently stayed at Hotel Croux with a friend before and after TdG. I have nothing but positive things to say about our stay. The owners Corrado and Jose are extremely helpful, as are all staff, going over and above what would be expected in almost every way. They also followed everyone staying in the hotel during the race, as if we were all one big team. When my friend finished and just needed to lie down and clean up Jose actually went to get her some food. At every turn we were impressed, and I would never stay anywhere else in Courmayeur than this hotel. Central location, close to everything, literally one minute from the bus stop to Chamonix and Milan.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front with a balcony. They are great when the sun is shining.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Very nice hotel - good big breakfast, close to downtown, and close to bus terminal (I had back facing room so I didn't get any noise from the street). Rooms are big for European standard and well appointed. Staff was friendly. I would stay here again. Wifi was available and works in lobby area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We stayed here while doing the Tour du Mont Blanc and stayed here 2 nights. We really loved Courmayeur and this hotel was in a great position near the bus station to get to the cable car to Rifigio Torino Nuovo where we got fantastic views of Mont Blanc and the valley. The staff were very helpful and the rooms were spacious and comfortable with nice balconies. Good wifi access and a very good breakfast compared to other places we stayed along the Tour. Also in a good location to look around Courmayeur and find somewhere for dinner. Price is very reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2013

3 lads stayed here Feb 2013 for a short skiing weekend and picked this hotel as it was reasonable price and did a room for 3.

Location:
Good for the town, as its pretty much in the middle. But half a mile away from the lift. This is a general thing in Courmayeur, as the main lift is out of town, so you're not going to get any better really. And if you do, you're then no where near the main town centre.

Room:
Small! Went had 3 beds jammed in a small room. Difficult for 3 adults, with ski gear, but we managed for a weekend. Very clean and did what we needed it for. Shower, bath the usual stuff.

Facilities:
Pretty good really. Boot room. Dining room, very small bar with a very cumfortable seating area, which we used quite a lot. A little suprise, if you've got kids, there's a well stocked games to keep the kids away while you have a vino.
Breakfast was excellent for a ski resort. No hot food, but great selection to set you up for the day.

Staff:
Errrrr, from all the reviews we read about "very friendly staff"......Not so much on our visit, every morning greeted by the owners miserable faces, and every afternoon the same. But the guy who did the night shift and looked after the bar, and morning breakfast was very helpful and an asset to the hotel.

Cost:
Reasonable I guess.

Town Centre:
Plenty of shops. A few decent bars and few good restaurants. Not much night life, but I was told that its unpredictable.

Would I return:
Yes I guess I would, I'd definitely have a good look around but would probably go back

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends