“Poor Service”

Ranked #10 of 46 Hotels in Padua
Belgrade, Serbia
“Poor Service”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

After 2 hours that we leave hotel we realize that we forget our jackets. When we call hotel they confirmed our jackets are in our room (202). Also they told us that they will send us our jackets.
Strange was that they ask us to provide with name and address since they have it in from reservation and from our passports. I send them since then 5 mails confirming that I will cover all transportation cost ( I ask them to choose what is most suitable way for them) and asking to send us our jackets. NO REPLY! This is really poor from their side.
+ Room was clean and large enough for Italian hotel, location of hotel
- breakfast area is very small , just few tables and space between is also very small, small drawer, Price ( check you can find cheaper hotels within same level as this one)

Room Tip: I can recommend room we stay in, 202 located above the entrance.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
pierluigi_mazzucato, Proprietario at Hotel Giotto, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Dear Gentlemen, Thank you for writing a review for the hotel giotto. But it seems only right that things are such as they really happened. The jackets you forget were immediately found. You have asked to send them with a courier and you asked us the courtesy to inform us the shipping cost, we informed and the cost was Euro 220,00 and then expecting an answer from you on what to do. But of course there have never responded and now you write that we have never sent your jackets. So let us know if you send a courier you or would you prefer that we do for you. We are always available to help solve the unforeseen events that happen to our customers, but there are costs that the hotel can not 'charge for things that do not depend on the hotel. Thanks again anyway for the opportunity you gave us to say how really went the facts. Sincerely. Hotel Giotto.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Unfortunately, we left our three jackets in the cupboard in our room and only realised such a few hours later, so we were too far to turn around. We called the hotel and the day receptionist answeredin a very unfriendly manner and didn't assist us in the least. When we called again to ask them to please check the room we were told nothing has been found. Well, someone is the lucky new owner of expensive leather jackets. It happens, sure. Our mistake. But it could have been handled in a professional, friendly manner, which it wasn't.

Room Tip: Rooms are fine, beds comfortable and bathrooms really nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Liv777
Madam, we are sorry that you wrote a review not real. Things for our readers have gone this way: you have forgotten three jackets in your room, when you were called was not yet been found and recorded in the forgotten objects, were found just after we contacted you by phone for so many days and then we have sent you an email, but you never responded. The proof that the objects were forgotten by us is kept demonstrated that when yesterday July 12, 2013 you are returned to the hotel, the three jackets there were immediately delivered. In addition, we have also helped us to call the shipping company that you have indicated where you say you have forgotten a hat. This shows that for our part we are always very attentive to customers' problems and help them to solve them, contrary to what you claim. Thanks again, especially the possibility of being able to write how things really went. Sincerely, Sante Russo commercial director, Hotel Giotto
Reviewed 6 July 2013

nice hotel nice city nice people nice room,nice hotel,nice city,nice people,nice room, nice city, nice hotel,nice people , nice room, nice breakfast, nice city,nice hotel,nice room, nice people,nice breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013
Pavia, Italy
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I visited Padova (Padua) on business for two nights and stayed in a single room. Given the good reviews I had read and the high cost of room (single at 115euro/night) I was expecting a nice stay. Instead, I was very deluded for a number of reasons. Firstly, my room was not properly equipped: there were no drawers to put my clothes in (and the wardrobe, which was fine for hanging my shirts etc, was very budget), my bed was terrible as it had a metal wire base, and there was no information booklet telling me about hotel services. My room was 2.02m wide and even though it was a single, it did feel more like a janitor’s room than a bedroom. I also noticed (once things start to feel wrong you tend to notice everything) that the fire-exit indications were relevant to the room across the hall and not the room I was in and therefore, good luck getting out in a rush. The general lack of information provided in the room meant that I didn’t know the internal number to call reception, didn’t know if there was a laundry (which there is not), didn’t know if the water was potable or the cost of things in the minibar etc., and had to visit reception several times to figure things out. In addition, there were no instructions for the air-conditioning and while it might seem reasonable that pushing the “off” button would actually turn off the air-conditioning, the system would start back up every 5 minutes and so I had to put up with air-conditioning even though I didn’t want it.
Regarding service, because the bed had no proper base (and I tend to get back pain), within 30mins of arriving I went and asked at reception if they could provide something to stiffen the base or find me a new bed and they said they might be able to arrange something in the morning (!). The next day they did nothing to help change the situation. I also noted that within my room there was a sign on the wall from the Comune (council) of Padova (Padua) stating that in 2013 the maximum cost of that room was 80 euro. At checkout I queried whether maybe they actually assigned me the wrong room since I was paying roughly 50% more than the maximum allowable price. However, the person at reception insisted that the sign was out of date and that the rules were all changing.
As such, my recommendation is to stay away from this hotel which has inadequate facilities, is unprofessional and is overpriced.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Kiwinit
pierluigi_mazzucato, Proprietario at Hotel Giotto, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Thanks for all the time that he has spent to write this detailed review. wish to inform you that all the hotel rooms are equipped with the most modern comforts and single rooms are large, bright and soundproof. In each room there are four drawers and a large wardrobe with 10 hangers. Fire-fighting and the signs are very efficient and are checked regularly by experienced technicians. All mattresses are of orthopedic and are replaced every 2/3 years. In all rooms there are directions on how to work the air conditioning, a brochure with all the amenities of the hotel and the prices of the mini bar. In addition, all rooms are equipped with a spacious bathroom with all toiletries, safe, flat screen TV, minibar, free internet and unlimited wifi in all public areas, a hairdryer, a direct dial telephone, wake-up calls. The multilingual staff is available 24 hours on 24 to resolve all customer needs. Referring to the tariff, is fully consistent with the high season. the room was not changed because the hotel in those days was full. If you wish, however, to return to our hotel, we would be pleased to find an accommodation that suits your needs and maybe applying a cheaper rate, while maintaining the same quality standards that characterize the Hotel Giotto for the past so many years. Thanks for all the time that he has spent .
Best regards ,
Sante Russo
Direttore Commerciale
Hotel Giotto
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 22 May 2013

when we checked in the young woman behind the counter was not very friendly nor helpful. The room was clean, the two twins pushed together to make a double was a little uncomfortable because of whatever they put in between to make one bed and the so-called shower with no shower curtain ended up getting floor wet no matter how hard we tried to spray towards wall. Now, the two gentlemen working the front desk later that night and in the mornings were very helpful and nice...the parking is free a block over and around the corner...free, one of the few places we stayed at that had free parking. Most of the sights are within walking distance and when you come back to the hotel instead of a shower, soak in the bathtub...our feet thanked us. Price was right and included a fridge in the room...can't say anything about breakfast as we decided to walk across the street for croissants.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We stayed in Padua for 3 nights, the Giotto is a great location- within walking distance to all attractions & because its slightly out of the centre you get to walk through everything and take in all of the lovely sight of Padua.
Rooms were exactly as you would want, clean with good amenities including a fridge/ mini bar and a very nice shower with really big towels.
The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, some of the nicest I’ve encountered.
I highly recommend Pauda and the Hotel Giotto.

Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Hotel Giotto is well positioned at walking distance from all the major sites, with free parking.
The rooms are average but clean with a simple practical decor.
Continental breakfast is served in the bar/seating area which in the morning doubles as eating area.
We were offered several leaflets and up to date information on what to do and a free map.
Free Wi-fi but a bit temperamental/slow.
There is a handy minibus stop just opposite the hotel, this municipal service goes to the center through the narrow old streets and piazzas as far as the railway station.
It costs 2€ and it's valid for 75 min or it's free if you buy the Padova Card.

If you like Italian cheese and cold meats I must recommend "la casa del Parmigiano" in sotto salone, 51 (under palazzo della ragione) and treat yourself!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family