“Friendly staff and a good location”
Review of Hotel M14

Hotel M14
Ranked #34 of 45 Hotels in Padua
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I recently stayed at the M14 as part of a tour group. The hotel is located in the centre of Padova, just steps from the main street of the town and one of the major squares.

I was most impressed with the quality of the breakfast and the breakfast room staff, who were very friendly and interested in talking to the guests about their home countries and their impressions of Italy. The M14 charges 5 euros for the breakfast, which is incredible value as it includes just about anything one could want: eggs, cold cuts, cheese, multiple varieties of bread and fruit, pastries, yogurt, the works.

The M14 is obviously an older property (1950s or 1960s) that has had somewhat of a makeover. It is in a quiet side street and so it's easy to get a good night's rest, provided that the other guests are quiet. During my stay noise in the hotel was not an issue. The electrically controlled shutters on the outside closed very tightly, which also helped with sleep quality.

Like many rooms for single travellers in Italy, the space is rather limited. However, this is not normally a problem for me. The bed was comfortable, the television was bolted to the wall at the foot of the bed. The bathroom was Swedish-style, meaning that the shower was not separate from the rest of the fixtures. My room had two pull-across glass doors that created a shower stall. However, the doors didn't go completely to the floor, and so the entire floor of the bathroom was soaked. Still, at least there were doors, unlike in some other hotels I've stayed in where the water was allowed to soak everything. There's also a fixed transom window between the bathroom and the bedroom which was a bit of a problem because it took a while to work out how to turn out all the lights in the bathroom. When entering the room, a guest has to insert the room card into the switch. This turns on most of the lights in the room. When turning off the lights, there was an overhead light that was controlled by the switch, but a light over the mirror that wasn't. In order to turn it off one had to flip a switch on the side of the mirror.

I found the colours used in the room dark and depressing. It was also clear that the last paint job had happened some time ago. Still, I spent minimal time in the room and so these weren't issues which would make me want to change hotels.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeroen_K
There are newer reviews for Hotel M14

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Totally dissapointed on the hotel, When i arrive in the room, i found the trash in the trash can (not regular trash, it was intimate towells), also, i asked for an extra blanket, and i had to call again after 45 min because they forgot, and finally, the clerck at the front desk told me that they send our copy of passport to the INTERPOL on case we been looking for them, and when i asked for the information disclaimer disclosure, they didnt have anything... Now im worry for my data, i've been in brusels, london and paris, and never asked for it

• Stayed: March 2014
ALESSANDRO S, Direttore at Hotel M14, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for your constructive feedback.

I am very sorry if your stay in our Hotel was not good.

We always try to make our best in order to give a good service to our guest, I will check personally why in your case we made so many mistakes (please send me by email your name and date of stay).

Please allow me to once again express my sincerest apologies to you and I hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back, I will show you that M14 is the real best value for money of Padua.

With best regards.

Alessandro Schiavon M14

Reviewed 12 March 2014

The hotel is very central to Padova - 2 minutes from Prato della Valle. The room was very clean though not large. At first sight it looked like an office as the first thing you see is a large desk. I think this room was designed by a man as it would have benefitted from a mirror on the desk as there is no dressing table. I agree with a previous reviewer that I was not keen on the wet room aspect of the bathroom as it is impossible to stop water going everywhere. Also, the hairdryer was useless - positioned in a difficult place, with no force.
The reception staff were very friendly and also the restaurant manager and his staff. The breakfast was a good continental breakfast - nice coffee and a good selection of meats and cheeses, rolls, eggs and fruit juices.
To sum up - very good position, friendly staff, but the room could have been better designed from a lady's point of view.
Was there a swimming pool??? We didn't see one and nobody told us there was one!!!

Room Tip: Our room - 112 was a bit noisy as it was by the stairs and people lingered there talking loudly. I d...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Very nice hotel almost at the center of Padova. It's located 5-10 minutes walking from main tourist attractions of the city. We met very friendly service.The room was small, but very ergonomic. The only drawback was that Shower was not separated from toilet/bidet area at all - even by the glass or plastic wall. So, I had a little bit discomfort taking shower, looking at the toilet. The room had a balcony with the amazing view to the neighborhood. The breakfast was very good and tasty. Take into account that parking is limited and costs additional money. So, if you come by car, like we did, it's better to coordinate with hotel before arriving.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a view to old part of city
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The hotel is pretty good and clean. Staff was really helpful and friendly. Breakfast is average, nothing too different from other hotels we stayed. It was great to have a SPA at the hotel, since it was rainning when we went to Padova and it ended up being a great option (there is a hot tub, a few showers, small fitness center, sauna...).The hotel is well located, within walking distance from city center, and the bus stop is only a few minutes from the hotel. The one thing I really didn't like was the bathroom. The place where the showe is was too small, and the hairdryer was horrible. It took me forever to blow dry my hair (it usually takes less than 10 min).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I loved my stay at M14! The room (a suite) was big, modern, spacious and clean. The bathroom was great and quite large by Italian standards as well. The location is excellent, on a quiet side street right off Prato della Valle, walking distance to everything in the center of Padua and a short tram ride to the Capella degli Scrovegni. Kind reception staff as well.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We love Padova, and this hotel is the best for us, because:
- helpful and friendly service,
- clean room,
- delicious breakfast
- and great location in the city and near Venice.

We like wery much the market on saturdays on Prato de la valle - it's next to the hotel's street! :-)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple