“Fantastic, new and clean, but hard to find.”

Best Western Hotel Biri
Ranked #25 of 49 Hotels in Padua
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Fantastic, new and clean, but hard to find.”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We wanted to visit Venice, and found this hotel not too far away when renting a car.

The main problem was the location of the hotel and the sign posts. Despite having sat-nav and following signs pointing to the hotel, we ended up driving around for an hour late at night to find the hotel, only finding it by asking locals as the signs to the hotel did not actually direct us to the hotel.

However, once arriving at the hotel we were very pleased with how modern and fresh this 4 star hotel was. The car park was free, and there was free wifi. The room was very modern and to a very high standard, and despite being next to the main road, surprisingly quiet. The lined curtains kept the light out and the usual 4 star luxuries were included such as a free safe, a mini bar and tv (although Italian channels only unless you pay for sky).

The staff were very helpful, recommending local restaurants, arranging for taxis and had a warm welcome each time we walked past the desk. Breakfast catered for a range of tastes, and there was shops and a few restaurants in walking distance too.

In all this was an excellent hotel, let down by the poor sign posts to the location, but I would certainly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Should not matter if by the main road
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
west coast
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights in June 2013. Nothing much to complain about...
Parking was convenient, breakfast on the rooftop terrace was nice and the ladies
serving breakfast were friendly (helps to know a little Italian, I guess).
The gym is very rudimentary but was okay for me. My room was a bit too small but
I didn't spend much time there. Everything worked...

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the street; it can get noisy.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TrottaGnam
Athens
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Very nice hotel centrally located with great stuff.
We had a very large room with a nice view at great price.
The bathroom was excellent and very clean.
Breakfast was superb with a great variety to select from.
Parking and WiFi are both free.
Checking in and out was very quick and hassle free.
A great place to stay when in Padova !!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
EmanueleLando, Director of Sales at Best Western Hotel Biri, responded to this review, 22 June 2013
Dear Rstoned, Thank you for telling us and everybody else what did you like of your stay at the BW Hotel Biri. Your comment “ A great place to stay when in Padova !! “ is the best for us! :-) We hope to welcome you again in our House. Sincerely, Emanuele Lando, BW Hotel Biri, Leading in Superior Customer Care.
Montreux, Switzerland
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The photo of the hotel is delightfully over flattering, with that lovely fountain and illuminating facade. Looks wonderful, doesn't it? The truth is somewhat different. This place is in fact an old and worn building dating I suspect to the late 70's, where it stays firmly locked in it's timewarp, staff and all. Beam me up, Scotty. Warp speed, Mr Sulu.

I have just braved the indifferent reception welcome. My key said room number x but it might as well have read Cell 7 Block B on D Wing because as I now sit here in the "standard single" room writing this review, (and after the horror that greeted me after I thought I was entering a 4 rated hotel and seeing my dingy room) it has dawned on me that most if not all of the prisoners currently housed in Wormwood Scrubs probably have equal conditions to this room. True, this room misses a bunk bed and slopping out bucket but that apart I am thinking that those currently detained at Her Majesty's pleasure in HMP Wormwood Scrubs probably have better satellite TV, a better mattress and more space.

The room is clean, although the room carpet also looks as it it was laid when this place was commissioned back in a different epoch and dear oh dear is of the variety that sticks to your feet. Socks and shoes on in the Bathroom it is then.

Furniture is dated and basic. No paper or writing implements. Small desk. You won't get even slightly tipsy on the contents of the minibar (one minuscule can of Heineken) unless you resort to using a straw (don't forget to bring your own).

The is more to life than being a long way from home and having to put up with this kind of ultimate no-go hotel accommodation, and in fact I have in the past checked out of better - admittedly not much better, but better nevertheless. Save your money, save your time. Don't even book it and if you travel agent suggests it point them firmly and politely to this review. It might be blunt, but it's also honest.

If you are here on business avoid this place like the plague and find something decent even if you have to pay the difference yourself. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you really must stay here, avoid "STD single".........I'll leave that there.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Simon d
EmanueleLando, Director of Sales at Best Western Hotel Biri, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Dear Simon94410, thank you for taking the time to write about the accomodation you received at our Hotel. I am deeply concerned that our room did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincere apology. Guest satisfaction is the goal of our management. We will do our best to meet that goal by improving and maintaining our Hotel in its best condition. Unfortunatly on your arrival the Hotel was fully booked and we were not able to offer you an upgrade on the room type booked. After a few hours, due to cancellation, we have proposed a new place to live in a more comfortable room but you refused. We understand the discomfort that causes a room change, it would be our pleasure to assist you in the change. Thanking you again for taking the time to tell us your concerns, we look forward to another opportunity to serve your lodging needs. Sincerely, Emanuele Lando, BW Hotel Biri, Leading in Superior Customer Care.

Travellers are raving about these Padua hotels

Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Located just across the street from the inner city walls and a 20-minute walk from the central places of interest, this hotel is very convenient for a tour of this interesting city. All the necessary facilities were there and included in the booked price. The clean and bright (though smallish) rooms with comfortable beds and spotless bathrooms, the panorama-view restaurant offering an ample selection for breakfast, very efficient and helpful staff, hotel parking (open parking, in an inner court, perhaps not big enough when the hotel is full) all helped us make our stay and getting to know Padua a very, very pleasant experience.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank IrenDrag15
CONWAY
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Our group was reassigned to this hotel in Padova. Don't let the name Best Western fool you. The language barrier here at the hotel was the worst of our trip. Very little help was offered to give us assistance in finding places to eat at. The room was adequate, but very small. The shower was a joke. I could only stay in it for less than a few minutes. The water drain backed up and would have overflowed if I would have kept the water on for longer than three minutes. Ambulance and police sirens woke us every hour, so we didn't need wake up calls from the desk. Take your own travel alarm clock, there are none to be found in most of Italy. American hotels and motels have spoiled us, even Knight's Inns are better quality!!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 July 2012

the service staff i.e. front desk , bar , restaurant staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are ok for a one or two night stay. I highly advise you keep things LOCKED UP in your suitcases and valuables in the safe. My friend had a dress and two pairs of shoes stolen and another person had articles (nothing of value) taken. Very sad. The terrace provides a great view of the mountains. The location isn't great, but it's easy to catch a cab to the main part of town...some in our group enjoyed the walk to town. The restaurant food is "ok" It was the friendly staff that made the restaurant. The rooms are small/average but this doesn't bother me, I'm used to the smaller rooms and I'm only in my room to sleep. It's really too bad about the stolen items. Perhaps management isn't aware they have thieves on their payroll. I've been to Italy many times and this has never been an issue. I'll be reviewing two more hotels where people in our group had items stolen. Overall yes i'd stay here again for a night .

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the parking lot...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
EmanueleLando, Director of Sales at Best Western Hotel Biri, responded to this review, 22 July 2012
Dear ZephyrK9,
thank you for taking time to write your experience. I was pleased to read the positive comments, but at the same time astonished to know some of your items were stolen in the room. The hotel is under surveillance with cameras 24h and if you olny had told to the staff , we would had verified . Our payroll is honest and helpfulness toward the guests. Fell free to mail me for any further assistance. Sincerely Emanuele Lando