“Good value for money”
Review of Hotel Corso

Hotel Corso
Ranked #40 of 45 Hotels in Padua
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I had a 10 days trip to Padua in April 2013, a sabbatical trip where I visited the University. Hotel Corso was chosen because it is situated very central in Padua, and the daily walk to the University would not last for more than 17-20 minutes. A good start of the day, a charming walk along the river. I was not dissappointed with my selection of hotel. In favour of picking a bigger - and more expensive - business hotel, the downtown hotel Corso was selected. The room I got was spacious, the bed was good and I slept well. There are some traffic noise outside the hotel, which I knew about from the descriptions I read beforehand. Traffic noise is something that quite often accompanies down-town hotels, which I accept. A very important asset and expectancy that hotel Corso fullfilled: The internet connection was good, free of charge (included in the room price). I found the price level for my stay very affordable, half the price of what I am used to in my home country. The breakfast, included in the room price, was served in a very cozy place, in something thas must have been a previous outdoor square, but rebuilt with a glass-ceiling. The food offered was limited, but sufficient to my taste. I also found it favourable that we also could drink as much coffee and juice as we wanted, without bothering the staff each time, for each new round. The waiters were polite, but a bit distant to my taste, some more smiling would not have felt invasive. If I have another trip to Padua, I will must certainly pick the same hotel next time.

Room Tip: Top floor will mean bigger distance to the traffic that surrounds a down-town hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PSPSM

Reviewed 1 October 2012 via mobile

This 3 star hotel was just right for my budget and had more amenities than I expected for the price (5 night single room €331 total including tax). Has tv, free wifi, ensuite with good shower, hot breakfast included served buffet style in very nice dining room. Corsi del Popolo runs perpendicular to train station and hotel is 3 short blocks down that street, less than 10 minute walk.

Padua has many interesting sights and is a 15-minute train ride from Venice. We got a 9€ round trip ticket arriving Venice 9:10 am and leaving 6:30 pm.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We stayed here for a few nights in August this year. The weather was extremely hot including the rooms. The air conditioning was poor and the front desk did not have any fans for guests. Beds are fairly firm and hard so don't expect luxury. Breakfast is simple, a simple selection of fruit and yogurts. Hotel is a 5 min walk from the centre of town and railway station. Stay here if you are on business not the romantic get away!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Yury K
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Hotel Corso, was a very nice hotel, easy to arrive from the center of the city-walking- and next to the train station, which is very convenient, especially if you consider go to Venice (30-40 minutes by train).
The hotel is clean, small and people there is very kind. The bathroom was not absolutely comfortable, although is was big, because there was no courtains at the bath, so everything was wet after the shower...
The breakfast was complete, really excellent
I would choose the hotel again in case of a trip to Padova

Room Tip: Ask for a bathroom with courtains at the bath
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Mixed reviews of Hotel Corso on booking.com but I was very pleased with my stay on business. The double room was small but quite adequate for the competitive price. I am glad I didn't book a single. It faced the main street to the station ( Corso del populo) but the blind and the window kept most of the noise out.
There was a plentiful breakfast served on what looked like a terrace which had been glassed over . The people were very friendly . The manager on reception was particularly good in helping me get past the swipe card protected door and into the bank round the corner to get cash from the ATM.
The hotel is at the top end of Corso del populo and so away from the station. I agree with other reviewers that the station end of the Corso can appear threatening with the sorts of people there in the evening/night.

Room Tip: Booka double even if travelling alone.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Crossing Padova from time to time I stay at Corso. What buys me is a nice&helpful stuff, low prices, amazing breakfast and warm atmosphere in general. There is a cable for the internet connection and two computers as well for guests.

For those who would like to save some money: as I tried to book the cheapest room which is with shared bathroom, I couldn't get it through internet, however I always have been lucky enough to get it right there.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo