“A pleasant surprise”

Ranked #26 of 49 Hotels in Padua
East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This is a very modern hotel, and we expected to pay a lot more than we did. We were on a driving holiday in Italy, and not wanting to take the car to Venice, we stopped off in Padua (Padova), to take the train. So we turned up on a Saturday afternoon in October at the Hotel Milano, and asked about rooms. The price was less than half what we expected. I suspect it was some sort of unpublished weekend rate, but for whatever reason, that's what happened.

The hotel was great. I can only describe the room we had, and its bathroom, as luxury. You want for nothing. Italian style at its best.

The service in reception was great, but we didn't eat there, so can't comment on its restaurant.

It's ideal for travel, situated close to the highway, but not overly so, and a walking distance from the train station.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights during a business trip to Padova. Although I didn't think the staff we're particularly warm or friendly, I wouldn't say that they were rude. Check-in was quick and easy, an occasional hello and goodbye when entering and leaving the hotel... But I am the kind of traveller who likes to be left to my own devices, so this kind of service is of no consequence to me. My room was clean, modern and comfortable. Quite minimal, but roomy and plenty of desk space for working. The only thing that wasn't great for me was the location, right on the edge of the city, and although I love walking, it was quite a boring trek into the historical centre. I did see busy bars and restaurants en-route, but next time might look to find somewhere a little closer to Padova's pleasant city centre. But if it's purely for business, or you have your own transport, this might be a good option.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights on a Fri/Sat, the rooms were clean & comfortable but the staff lacked any customer service skills. There was no bar or restaurant open & we asked for a nightcap and were greeted with you'll have to wait! Breakfast staff were rude & unhelpful, the coffee machine ran out and we were treated like we were an inconvenience! I wouldn't recommend this hotel. Considering it was 4*, I would've expected more manners than I got!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Jerseygirl1956
Essex UK
Reviewed 7 June 2013

The facilities of this hotel were ok and it was well placed for sightseeing but for a 4* hotel I would've expected the staff to be a little friendlier. We stayed on a Friday & Sat and when returning from sightseeing there was no bar open, we would've liked to have eaten in the hotel restaurant as the menu seemed very nice but was told the restaurant was closed, on a Saturday night, really! After returning from a meal out at 21.45 we asked if we could get a nightcap and were briskly told we would have to wait, appalling service! Breakfast was adequate but again if the coffee ran out and you asked for more you were greeted with huffing & puffing, we were 5mins late getting out of the breakfast room and they turned all the lights out on us! I really wouldn't like to stay at this hotel again preferring a nice little family run place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Bournemouth
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Picked this hotel solely on the basis of it relative proximity to Stadium Euganeo. There are no hotels by the stadium and this seemed to be the closest, being a 40 minute walk away.

The hotel was offering a shuttle service to the Stadium event and back but when we started walking at 7pm there seemed to be some confusion about the whereabouts of the coaches. Not sure what happened afterwards but if you are going to the Stadium it might be more reliable to walk!

The hotel itself is OK. A 'business' hotel normally I would imagine. Not inspiring but serves its purpose.

A limited amount of outdoor parking is available at no cost and there is also a secure, underground car park for 5 euro per night.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Huddersfield
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We were bumped from our first choice, the M14, and sent to the Milano. The reception when we arrived was best described as distant, or aloof, yet the hotel hardly merited that attitude from the reception staff.
The rooms were clean, breakfast was from a wide range of the usual Italian cakes, meats, cheeses and fruits.
Different staff at reception on our departure were much more pleasant than those on arrival. So maybe it was pot luck.

Chard, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I couldn't find much wrong with this hotel. The fixtures and fittings are clean, modern and functional. Staff were helpful. Parking was convenient. My only slight criticism was that the breakfast could be more substantial but overall value was good.
I can't really comment on the location relative to the city centre, bars and restaurants because we were only used the hotel as a stopover from Marco Polo airport, but there is a lively and friendly bar just 5 minutes walk down the road called KK.