“Glitch when using a PadovaCard to see chapel”
Review of Scrovegni Chapel

and up
Padova, Asolo and the Venetian Villas Day-Trip from Venice
Ranked #1 of 419 things to do in Padua
Reviewed 20 July 2012

If you are thinking of using a PadovaCard which will give you free entrance in to the chapel you need to be aware of a glitch in online bookings. I bought our PadovaCards two weeks ago and then tried today to book the chapel. If you have purchased PadovaCards you can not later book tickets to see the chapel online. (This information may be noted on the booking websites and I missed the red flags.)

In speaking to the chapel's call center I was told that the only way we can now get tickets is to go to the chapel's ticket office and hope that they have vacant spots. The reason I ran in to this problem is that two weeks ago when I was planning our time in Padova the chapel's website did not have bookings available for September. I however purchased our PadovaCards and received the vouchers thinking I could book the chapel once they made September dates available. (Bookings online for September just became available this week.) As mentioned, a glitch but we are hopeful we will get to visit the chapel in September.

2  Thank hedyevrt
Write a ReviewReviews (5,424)

Reviewed 20 July 2012

The Scrovegni Chapel was well worth the price and the stress of getting there at our appointed time. It is amazing what art and history are packed into such a small space. The conservation efforts are also very interesting and very much appreciated - it would be a shame to let something like this continue to decay as it had for very many years.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

I was very impressed with the Chapel. Definitely worth taking time and making a booking.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

It is nice but you have a timed visit and are obliged to watch a tedious film for 15 minutes before entrance: your viewing is then limited to 15 minutes. The frescoes are very good but afterwards, go to the "Battistero" of the Duomo and see how much painting had improved in 70 years. Frankly the battistero is much better

Reviewed 13 July 2012

If you are in Padua you must visit this chapel. You must make reservations though. The chapel itself is fairly small but packed with thought-provoking paintings. Giotto definitely had his own style of painting. I personally love his use of color and elements of nature. His subjects show intense emotion.

1  Thank rockymtnsky