“Michelin rated and gluten-free friendly”

Trattoria da Dante alle Piazze
Ranked #35 of 1,047 Restaurants in Padua
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2013

As we enjoyed a wonderful lunch here, we watched the chefs kneading the dough for their pasta. It was charming. Although the gluten free pasta was not homemade, the gluten free pasta with duck sauce was still beyond compare. I also had artichokes with olive oil and a freshly made meringue with strawberries and cream. The service was impeccable. I felt so lucky to have been able to enjoy such an interesting and well prepared meal.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I had lunch there while on my 1 day trip to Padova and the overall experience was good. The staff was courteous, food tasty with honest price. It miss the spark for rating it as very good but it is for sure above average.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

During a recent conference in Padova we were taken to Dante's for dinner. This would have been a pressure test for any restaurant - the equivalent of Gordon Ramsey's coachload of hungry diners. In our case, thirty hungry applied linguists of diverse nationalities descended on the trattoria. Dante's rose admirably to the challenge, serving us a delicious four course meal ( we chose either fish or meat menus) promptly and professionally. On our table, the tagliata of beef drew unanimous approval.

Working on the principle " if it ain't broke, don't fix it" four of us decided to return for a more peaceful light lunch the next day, and found the same cordial welcome and consistently good food. My companions had specialities of the region, while I opted for the amatriciana which tasted authentically Roman. The waiter suggested a light red wine to accompany our mixed fish and meat pasta dishes and we were not disappointed .

Dante's works on several levels. First of all, there is a choice of delicious dishes and daily specials to choose from. Secondly, the simple but tasteful decor gives it the feel of a much more expensive restaurant. Last but not least, the unfailingly courteous and helpful service enhanced the whole dining experience and made us want to return again one day.

Don't miss the fish soup!

1  Thank Puccinichick
Reviewed 6 April 2013

The trattoria was recommended to me and all the more the experience was very mixed. The list of food outside the menu is so long that you need a special memory trainer to recall it. One should better write it down, especially since the prices are not mentioned. I opted for a seafood salad which was between tastless and bitter, the shrimps dry and withouth taste. As I complained I was offered another appetzizer, a much better dish with crab meat and raw artishokes. The following dish, sepia with gnocchi, was very heavy and with very little sepia and a lot of gnocci. The wine choice is quite alright although the white open wine was too warm. I was very surprised to find both appetzizers on my bill and it needed somme insisting to take one of it off the bill! it still amounted to overprized 35 E for an appetizer, two glasses of wine and a primo piatto.
Not recommended.

1  Thank clegoldberg
Reviewed 12 February 2013

What a fantastic lunch. This is a surprising trattoria, in that the prices are economical but with silver service standards. Although we only had a pasta each, we were treated as if we had chosen to have a banquet. Pastas 8 - 11 Euros are filling but more than that are high quality. Pay attention to the specials when they are recited. I heard mension of cuttlefish with gnocchi in ink and stopped listening because I knew that would be my order. Wine can be purchased by the glass and is served at the table so that you know what you are drinking. There is no mezzo litro di vino poured from a 4lt flagon here, enjoyable as that is. It is all good quality. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Don H