“Not with a big group.”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Vicenza, Italy
“Not with a big group.”
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

I went here with a group of 22 ladies. The reservation was made well in advance yet the bistrot was still not prepared to handle our group. They had the tables set up to accommodate our group but did not have enough wait staff or cooks. 2 orders were forgotten after the orders were placed. 1 was brought out about 15 minutes before we left and the other was not brought out until it was time to leave. We asked to have the order put into a to go container because we needed to catch our bus and the cook refused. They did not want their food eaten outside of the restaurant. There was not enough time to eat the food and the lady still had to pay full price for the meal, she was only offered a free .50 cookie. POOR customer service.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank DCoe33364

London, United Kingdom
“Taste like home!”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I was invited to join a couple of friends I had dinners in almost every restaurant around Padova but I was not aware of this new surprising Bistrot.
As soon as I step in I notice a glamorous atmosphere but cosy and not too poshy. The glass sliding door beyond the Bar show a tidy clean and laborious kitchen.
We were introduced to Elena (the Chef) by a friend of ours. We were suggested to have a mix of entreès fried artichokes, Crudo Sauris ham and mozzarella in carrozza. All in sè this would be an heavy start but it revealed surprisingly light, delicious and simple sided with a basket of homemade rye and grain bread.
Main course: we choose 'Paccheri alla Genovese' a simple type of homemade durum wheat pasta which flavor remember of a grain harvest-field land and genuine vegetable garden seasoning.
Second course: it was an epic moment for me: a Roasted veel. As soon as I put it into my mouth I had my whole youth in front of me, I thought I have lost that flavor forever, the one that belonged to my grandmother and her top cuisine skill. This roast tasted exactly like hers the one which took two days of preparation and meticulous hours of cooking and steaming of all ingredients separately with a thorough process and incredible hard work, love and attention. I was touched.
Wine was a fine, Cabernet Conte d'Attimis 2010 a velvety taste and wild berries flavor perfect match for the roast.
Dessert was the cherry on top. I tried an amazing Apple Crumble with homemade cream and amber cream. Than two Small almond shortcakes gianduja the first and amber cream-raspberries-on top the latter.Delicate taste and delightfully light.

Sum it all up: an amazing experience. The simplicity of the cuisine is what makes the difference between a taste-like-home kitchen like this and a sophisticated show of plain nothing in some very famous very overrated restaurant around the world.

TOP CLASS

It took ages but finally someone took me home!

• Visited December 2013
Verona, Italy
“Great!”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

You feel like home! French toast, natural food, amazing cookies! One of the best place in Padova to take a break, have an excellent Italian meal. Well done!

Visited October 2013