“Credit card fraud”

Madrid
“Credit card fraud”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2008

Credit card fraud.
Don´t book in this hotel.
I spend one night in august.
I between the 22nd and 23erd in the name of the hotel I have been charged 1.200 euros.
I have been calling and I don't receive any answer.
I have denounced to the police.
I am trying to say it everywhere so no one has the same problem.
Also if you have been in the past in this hotel i recommend you to change your credit card number.

• Liked — Until the last week I have never been robbed.
  • Disliked — I have been charged 1.200 fraudly.
  • Stayed August 2008

Solo
Business
Potsdam
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2008

I were there in July 2008 and everything was ok. On the 22 and 23.11.they book 2000 Euro from my visa card.

Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank beaPotsdam

Travellers are raving about these Padua hotels

Prague, Czech Republic
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2008

I'm only reviewing this hotel now after what happened to us on 23rd November 2008.
We stayed in this hotel in the beginning of September and thought the staff were very friendly. Now, on November 23rd they took money from our credit card, 1000Euro to be exact! The agency through which we booked with told us they cannot help us because they are no longer doing business with this hotel. The hotel is not answering their phone. We called Police in Padova but they told us they cannot help us because we are not in italy. Called Padova Tourist board, and they told us its not their business.. OK, our bank is investigating this, but avoid this hotel, or rather, dont pay with your card there. Surprisingly, they are still advertising rooms. Be warned.

• Liked — Nothing -
  • Disliked — poor breakafat
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank JudithRuzicka
Prague, Czech Republic
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2008

I stayed in the hotel in September 2008 and everything was quite ok. I payed by a credit card and, on 23.11.2008, they took 1000 Euro form my account. Be aware!!!

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank Pr74
Bay Area, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2008

In 2007, I booked a hotel reservation at the Hotel Antenore in Padua Italy (Address: via Bravi 14/b Padova 35129). My wife and I stayed at the hotel for one night in September, 2007. The hotel itself was physically fine and the staff was courteous. However today, November 23, 2008, I was alerted by Mastercard that someone tried to charge over $2,500 on November 22, 2008 and over $300 on November 21 from that hotel. I told my credit card company that the charges were fraudulent and unauthorized. I would like others to be aware that this hotel fails to properly safeguard credit card information and that this hotel may be involved in "scams" using credit card information. Thank you.

• Liked — The hotel itself was nice.
  • Disliked — I would like others to be aware that this hotel fails to properly safeguard credit card information and that this hotel may be involved in "scams" using credit card information.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kiril96
Como, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2008

Room 104: heater doesn't work, complained to reception, he said "I'm sorry" but they didn't fix, so we spent a cold night.
TV was 20 years old with broken loudspeaker, ok we didn't go there to watch at TV.

Shower broken

Breackfast really poor: at 9 am there was only few things left with only 3 rooms booked!

clean and no smells but avoid this hotel

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2008

Arrived at the hotel very weary. The receptionist was very warm and friendly. Padova proved a nice base to see Venice. Good bus and train links, and the hotel was a nice refuge from the rush and the crowds. Compared to other hotels in the area the Antenore seemed very reasonable value. The staff were approachable and helpful.

Stayed October 2008