“Not up to Marriott standards”
Review of AC Hotel Padova

AC Hotel Padova
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Padua
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We've stated in a few AC Hotels, most recently in Bologna. That AC Hotel was great! Clean and very friendly staff. Since we're Marriott platinum members, we (are supposed to) get upgraded rooms, full breakfast, internet access and exec lounge access free. All if which was provided in the AC Hotel Bologna. But not at the AC Hotel Padua! Room upgraded? NO. And that's despite the fact that the hotel was maybe 50% occupied. Breakfast? Nope. Clean room? NO! And that's supposed to be provided to all guests. Overall, this place, while in a good location to visit Venice, is otherwise not worth the trip. Find a Sheraton.

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank johndavidkay

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel is typical Marriott so you know what to expect and it's comfortable with on site parking.
It is not convenient to downtown Padua and the bus which runs back and forth is not reliable.
You can take a bus into Venice about a 2 minute walk from the hotel and this is an excellent option.
We were here over a Saturday night and after a long day of sight seeing thought we might eat at the hotel....the restaurant was closed with no explanation....the bar menu is very limited and there is nothing close as it's in an industrial/commercial area.
My biggest issue with this hotel is that you have to pay for internet....when will Marriott understand that this is not a smart business move. All the smaller hotels we stayed in had internet included.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This AC hotel is slightly on the edge of Padova adjacent to the autostrada to Venice. In fact, there is a direct bus link to Venice right in front of the hotel which makes it very convenient.

The weekend package with breakfast and Padova card is terrific which provides all day free parking in Padova while we were visiting all the highlights.

The hotel looks a little plain like mosr AC hotel on the ourside but we found the interiors to be very modern and comfortable even though the room was not particularly large. The bathroom and shower were excellent, plenty of good lightly and wonderful design.

We will definitely stay there again on our next visit in the Veneto area. It's best if you have a car to get there.

1  Thank dhlchung
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The room was very nice. The bed was comfortable. The bus stops right near the hotel. You can walk to the mall to get groceries. There is no coffee maker in the room but you can get coffee in the lobby. The staff were very nice.

Room Tip: every room is good
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed for 2 nights. They had big groups of very loud tourists taking over almost all the restaurant (small) area on day 1, on day 2 they told me that there was no space for me at the restaurant because of the groups and that they were serving me dinner in the room free of the extra room service charge. This place is in the middle of nowhere and on Sunday they even shut the kitchen, so you can only have cold dishes: they should say at time of booking when your booking covers a Sunday. Very professional non-Italian waiter, while a younger Italian colleague was a disgrace: he was complaining he had so many clients to serve plainly in front of the clients at breakfast when the breakfast is a self-service and all he had to do was cleaning the table once people left and refilling empty trays of food! Additionally the staff at the reception (a foreign girl) didn't understand our clear instructions about when we needed the check-out, despite repeating it 3 times. Very convenient for Venice (bus stop next to the hotel). No wifi!!!!
I could hear the man next door snoring at night and I found hairs in the bathtub when I arrived. I looked before arrival if they had just a gym and they only mention the gym on the web (May 2014) but then I found out once there they also had a sauna....well then I had no bikini as I thought there was no sauna. Update your web!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is probably one of the least expensive places to stay anywhere near Venice during tourist season - although it is by no means cheap. It is, however, located about 40 Km outside of Venice. It is on the opposite side of town from the train station, and is not easy to get to. It provides a nice, modern Italian atmosphere, and a reasonable continental breakfast. The staff were extremely polite and helpful. The in-hotel restaurant is ridiculously over priced, however (or perhaps for this very reason) there is nowhere else in the area to get a meal! You can get microwaved lasagne for 10 Euros at the bar......
The hotel promotes the use of the SITA bus system for transportation to and from Venice and the airport. We found this bus service to be quite unreliable, and were surprised that a Mariott Hotel would promote such a "service". Long story short - we were dropped off in the middle of nowhere after our driver failed to stop at the appointed stop near the hotel. He advised us to take a city bus back to the hotel. City busses in Padova, by the way, are extremely unreliable, and run if and when the driver chooses to go. Not according to the published schedule. We ended up paying an additional 9 Euros for a taxi after waiting 45 minutes for the bus that never came.
Staying closer to Venice is much more expensive up front, but transportation costs and time wasted made up the difference. I would advise paying the hotel more, stay closer to Venice, and avoid the frustration.

1  Thank Steven A
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Booked this hotel for 2 rooms for 3 nights. It's a pretty basic business hotel. Second night it was raining so the 4 of us bought some wine and cheese and returned to the hotel after a long day in Venice. I went to the front desk and asked if there was a place where we could sit and talk and eat and drink some wine outside and the desk clerk said no. So I asked if there was a pool area where we could sit and talk and she said no. She said this is a business hotel and she said it like I should have known better. So I asked if we could sit and talk in the lobby and drink our wine and eat some snacks and talk and she said yes. So we did.

Later the desk clerk, not the woman who said yes, it was someone named Alessandro, told my husband and another person In our group this was not allowed and he was really rude to them about it. Later when I told him this was not considerate as I was the host and he should have told ME, he threw his co workers under the bus. He said they were at fault for not telling us. I was humilliated and embarrassed by this hotel. I do not find this treatment in congruence with other Marriott properties. Other European Marriott properties offer free breakfast to Marriott Platinum members, free club floor services, and some kind of gift of welcome at check in. I got none of these.
We brought I our own because none was offered. This place is substandard and all I can say is don't stay here. The pictures on the internet make it look better than it is. And they charge for internet if you are anywhere but in your room. I hated this place. And I still love Marriott. Buyer beware.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends