We booked this hotel as a first night in Italy, having flown to Venice and ultimately heading for Lake Garda by car. An ideal location for this: very close to the Autostrata and reasonably easy to find at night.
We had an excellent meal in the restaurant, washed down with a very classy local beer. Top marks for this.
The room was huge and the bed comfortable, and the bathroom at first sight luxurious. However, late at night, we discovered serious problems with the shower. It looked very posh, and offered the choice between water flowing from above, and a hand-held shower on the wall.
In reality it was awful, because:
- the ceiling fixture could produce no more than a trickle
- the water came out of the wall fixture at considerable pressure, but the temperature was more difficult to control than any shower I have ever come across
- the default temperature setting of this contraption was unbelievably, unbearably hot, almost certainly dangerous to children and the elderly, and probably illegal.
It took ten minutes to get the shower to settle on a temperature which was slightly less than scalding. In the morning we had another try, and this time managed to get a more acceptable temperature - though any movement from this produced either extreme heat or cold.
At checkout, we told staff about this (exactly as above) and were told 'We know there are problems with the showers', and offered us sympathy. I have no idea whether they meant all showers, or just the one in our room (Room 517). I have not seen any other similar comments on Trip Advisor, so maybe it's not a general problem, but if it was just our room, and they knew about it, then why did they put us in it?
The appearance of luxury is all very well, but I would have preferred something simpler which actually worked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern 4-star hotel located within Padua's prestigious North East Tower. The hotel has been designed to satisfy the needs of all its new guests, with elegant, minimalist surroundings that are at the same time hospitable and comfortable. The brightness and the large spaces in both the lobby and the rooms reflect the hotels essential form. Its 135 rooms consist of: Classic, Superior and Deluxe rooms and Junior and Presidential suites. It has: a bar; the Cristallino Restaurant; a gym; ample external parking; a private covered garage; 7 meeting rooms and free Internet access throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel SB Padua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b4 Padova Padua
- b4 Padova Hotel Padua